Christmas Day

Christmas Day (One-shot)

Christmas Eve..

Luhan had just woken up after taking a short nap to energize himself for Christmas. He looked out the window and smiled at the sight of the snow falling from the sky. He then looked at the time “10:30” he said, smiling. He was in his own little word when he felt something has been thrown to him which covered his face. “Ya!”

“Looks like someone is booked for tonight” Kris giggled at the sight of his bestfriend daydreaming. “Is someone jealous here?” Luhan smirked and Kris couldn’t help but laugh out loud at his friend’s remark. “You’re kidding me” Luhan stood up and threw the towel back at Kris “Kris you should really go out tonight. It’s Christmas! You need to have some fun!” Kris removed the towel from his face and gave out a helpless sigh “Easy for you to say that” Luhan raised his brow as he gave him a confused look “Why? Besides it was your decision anyway. Don’t tell me you’re regretting it now”

Kris ruffled his hair “I don’t know if I’m regretting it or not” Kris growled, frustrated. It has been two weeks since he decided to break up with Jessica, for who knows what reason. Even Luhan had no clue with his sudden decision. “Kris I think you should go see her cause obviously you still love her” Luhan told him. Kris sighed again and nodded his head “Maybe you’re right. I should probably go see her” Luhan smiled. Kris raised his brow and started to smirk at Luhan “So.. what about you and your date tonight? What are your plans?” Luhan smiled at the sudden mention of the topic “Hmm just a simple date” then his phone rang which got the two’s attention.“Look who’s smiling” Kris giggled at Luhan’s face. “Kris it’s her” Luhan opened the message and smiled.

Merry Christmas Oppa! Can’t wait to spend Christmas with you^^ Oh and I have a surprise. Wait and see kekeke

Luhan giggled as he replied Merry Christmas too! Surprise? Hmm now I’m curious!

Kris threw some clothes in Luhan’s bed “Ya before you go into your own little world again you should probably change. Here wear these. I picked clothes from my closet that I know would look best in you” Luhan’s eyes lightened up as he gave Kris a hug “Thanks man! What would I even be without you?” Kris made a face at him before laughing “That sounded so wrong” Luhan grabbed the clothes Kris gave him and started to change. Kris gave one last smile before taking his leave “Thanks for the advice hyung. And have a fun Christmas with her” Luhan smiled and nodded his head at Kris who has just closed the door. He was fixing his coat when he suddenly heard his phone ring. He raised his brow “A video message?” before pushing the view button.

“Oppa Oppa Oppa Surprise! Merry Christmas~~~~” he giggled at the view of a two teddy bear’s hugging. “Let’s create beautiful memories in our first Christmas together and! And! Many more Christmas to come!”

Luhan can’t help but smile at how adorable the message of his girlfriend was. He replied to her Why didn’t you show your face? L  Before giggling again at her reply No way! I’m not letting you see my face wait before we see each other okay? Be patient :p Luhan smiled again and texted her back Why can’t I get mad at you? Keke. I’m on my way. See you later. I love you! Luhan locked his phone before grabbing a small box on his table and taking one last look at their picture and smiled before closing the door.

The overall atmosphere of the streets was so nice, it really felt like Christmas. Santa clause mascots everywhere, Children playing with their families outside, friends throwing snowballs at each other, Christmas lights were all over the places and the snow falling from the sky just made everything better. Luhan walked along the streets, on the way to his destination. He would stop once in a while and enter shops if not talk with cute little children. “Oppa you look happy” a small girl said while tugging his coat. Luhan nods his head and smiled at the cute kid “Eung oppa is happy cause he is going to be spending his Chirstmas with someone he loves the most” The kid giggled and took a lollipop out from her pocket before handing it to him “Merry Christmas oppa and give this to that someone. I’m sure she’s going to like my present” Luhan nodded his head and patted her head “A present? I’m very much sure she would like this. Merry Christmas!” The kid gave Luhan one last hug before running back to her parents. Luhan smiled and waved goodbye to the two before continuing to walk. It was not long after when he reached his destination. He looked inside the café and smiled seeing that someone inside, staring intently at the cakes, contemplating what to choose.

Luhan tiptoed his way onto her before whispering in her ear “Merry Christmas” The girl jumped up, surprised and hit him lightly on his arm “Ya! You surprised me! Are you planning to give me a heart attack this Christmas?” The girl pouted. Luhan could not help but pinch her cheeks “My Cola never fails to be so adorable” But Nicole still stood there pouting but was caught off guard when Luhan suddenly hugged her “Ya you think I’ll forgive you just because you’re hugging me?” Luhan giggled before telling the lady at the counter “Two Americanos and one red velvet cake please” Nicole gave Luhan her infamous eye-smile which of course melted his heart. “We’ll just bring your order to your table” the lady said. Luhan pulled Nicole to a table in the corner which had a perfect view of the outside. Nicole sat their while Luhan sat opposite her. There was no one speaking rather they were just staring at each other, stares full of happiness and of course love.

Luhan and Nicole were together for almost a year now. Their relationship was perfect, everything was perfect. They would fought once in a while but it was amazing how they could understand each other, even with no words being spoken. They met when Nicole accidentally bumped Luhan on that exact café making her Americano spill all over his coat. Luhan was shocked and angry because he really had an important meeting during that day and he wore the coat he just bought two days ago. He was about to shout at her but restrained himself after seeing the girl’s face. She was really beautiful, from her eyes to her nose, everything. He gulped at the sudden contact of the girl who was wiping tissues on his coat “I’m sorry really sorry! I-I didn’t mean to—“ Luhan shook his head and gave her a reassuring smile “Its okay. You don’t have to be sorry. It was just an accident” The girl stood there and pouted. He could swear that was the cutest thing he had ever seen in his life. “But but you’re clothes” Luhan was shocked as to why he couldn’t bring himself to shout at her especially since he didn’t bring any extra clothes and the meeting is an hour away “Its okay, really. Just look where you’re going next time” Nicole gave him a warm smile that immediately melt his heart. From then on, their story as a couple started.

The lady placed their orders on their table before bowing and taking her leave. Nicole took a sip from her Americano and looked at the view “Everything is so perfect” Luhan nodded as he did the same “You know what’s more perfect? Having you with me this Christmas” he covered his cheeks as he blushed at his words. Nicole, on the other had could not help but giggle at the sweetness of her boyfriend “You’re so cheesy you know that?” Luhan shrugged as he gave her one of his y smiles “Well you should blame yourself for that” Nicole gave hers too as he challenged him “And why?” Luhan stood up and kissed her nose “For being too adorable” the both of them giggled. Nicole covered her blushing cheeks as Luhan went back to his seat and back to staring at her again. Nicole was happily eating her cake which earned smiles from Luhan. Nicole was a girl with a very nice body but it still remains a mystery him as to why because Nicole eating as if it’s the happiest moment of her life. If Luhan had a rival for Nicole’s feelings, it’s none other than food. “Oppa it’s not nice to stare” Luhan went back to his senses before clearing his throat “I’m jealous of that cake” he pouted. Nicole raised her brow “Why is that?” Luhan sighed before mumbling like a little kid “Cause you are giving your utmost attention to it” Nicole chuckled as she stood up and grabbed his hand “I say we go somewhere else” Luhan stared at her and raised his brow “To where?” Nicole shrugged “I don’t know” Luhan let out a small laugh before giving a kiss on her forehead. Nicole was a random, very random girl. She just does whatever occurs in her mind and that for him was way too adorable. The two walked out as they walked in the streets of Seoul. After enjoying walking and conversing with each other, the couple decided to sit on a bench and stare at the beautiful scenery.

“This is the best Christmas I’ve ever had” Nicole smiled as she looked at Luhan. “It’s simple, just the way I like it” Luhan nodded his head and gave her a smile “Thank you.. for agreeing to be my girlfriend” Nicole laughed “Who knew we’d end up as a couple after I ruined your clothes during our first meeting?” Luhan laughed and smirked “Well cause you fell for me the moment you saw me. Who wouldn’t?” Nicole laughed out loud “Sure, I did.” Luhan pouted and released her hand “Why? You didn’t?” Nicole giggled as she held his hand again “Of course I did. And I never regretted that” The atmosphere became silent as the both of them were both lost into each other’s eyes. No one was speaking but everyone knew that the couple was satisfied with that. Their love for each other were stronger than ever and both would melt the hearts of the other with just a simple look in the eye. It was then that it was officially 12AM, December 25.

Luhan pulled out a box on his pocket and handed it to her “Merry Christmas” he smiled and so did Nicole who grabbed the box and opened it. Her eyes widened at the gift he gave her “Oppa..” Luhan grabbed the ring and placed it on her left ring finger “I know that it is still too early for me to propose to you and I know that you would want to take things slow. This ring would mark that no one can ever touch and love you except for me. You’re mine Jung Nicole” Tears of happiness were dropping from Nicole’s eyes as she quickly pulled Luhan into a tight hug “I love you oppa, so much” Luhan cupped her face “I love you too Nicole, don’t ever forget that” as he planted a soft kiss on Nicole’s lips.

 

“Hey hyung get up! You need to visit your parents today, remember?” Kris threw a pillow at Luhan which earned a groan from him. “I’m not in the mood so please Kris leave” Kris sighed as he sat at the corner of Luhan’s bed. “It’s exactly been a year Luhan, you need to move on. It pains me seeing my bestfriend like this” Kris could not help but tear up at Luhan’s current condition.

It has exactly been a year since Nicole left him, or better yet did not show nor talk to him. That Christmas day, the last day Luhan kissed, held and saw Nicole. At first Luhan thought that maybe Nicole was busy the other day that was why she wasn’t able to text him nor call him. After a week of having no news of Nicole, he panicked and began to search for her. He did everything from tracking her phone to asking her friends and even went to her family and ask where Nicole was but all of them had the same response “We do not know where Nicole is” Each day he got frustrated, angry. Why did Nicole have to leave him? He kept on finding reasons as to why she left with no trace but in the end he failed. Their relationship was perfect, they perfectly understood each other and the feeling was mutual. Nicole was a happy person, she would seldom get into fights with people. Everything about Nicole and her life was pure joy and happiness. What made everything more strange was the fact that even her friends and family did not know where she was. What was happening? Did something happen to her? Did she got into an accident? Luhan would cry himself to sleep everyday as flashes of Nicole in his mind were appearing. The text and video messages and the photo of them on his table were the only things that were left. He would stare at them everyday and would keep on asking why she left  him. He tried calling her number but it would always direct him to her voicemail. Why was she avoiding him? Did he do something wrong?

“Kris I’m perfectly fine. There’s no need to worry about me” he sat up on his bed and patted Kris’s shoulder who was still crying “Luhan I’m worried about you. Ever since that day, I’ve lost my bestfriend” Luhan stood up and laughed “Ya what is up with this drama Kris? Seriously there is nothing wrong and it’s the day before Christmas no one is supposed to shed a tear!” Kris wiped his tear as he stood up and shook Luhan’s shoulder “Let it out hyung. Cry if you want. I’m here for you” Luhan gave him a reassuring smile and shook his head “Didn’t I tell you no tears today? I’ll go ahead first and go to my parents. Thanks for waking me up” he grabbed his coat as he was about to go out when Kris spoke “You should be happy hyung” Luhan stopped on his tracks before looking back at Kris and smiled “I am happy” he turned away as he closed the door and went out to go to his parents’ house.

The atmosphere of Seoul was the same as it was a year ago. Everything was perfect and you could really feel that it’s Christmas. Luhan would talk to little kids once in a while and would smile at everyone who did the same to him. He went inside the subway as he was on his way to his parent’s house. He was about to close his eyes when a kid tugged his pants and he smiled “Is there something wrong cutie?” the little kid shook his head and told him “She will come back” he took out a lollipop and handed it to him. For a second Luhan was confused but he shrugged it off since it was a kid, they say random stuffs. He grabbed the lollipop and patted the kid’s head and smiled “Thank you for this. Merry Christmas cutie!” the little boy giggled “Omo I’m sorry for my son bothering you” Luhan gave her a reassuring smile “It’s okay, he did not bother me at all” The woman bowed one last time before going back to her seat with her little boy. It was not long after he reached his destination. He went out of the train and stretched his arms out, inhaling the fresh and cold air.

“Son!” his mom came running to him and gave him a big hug. “Merry Christmas mom! Here I got you a present” he handed her a paper bag “Omo you didn’t have to son! Let’s go inside your father is waiting for you” both of them walked in and his dad hugged Luhan upon seeing him “Long time no see son” Luhan smiled as he handed him a paper bag “Merry Christmas dad” his dad smiled and patted his back. “Food is ready!” her mom said from the kitchen. The father and son went to the dining area and sat at their respective seats. “Wow mom di you cook all of this? Jjang!” His mom smiled as they dug in their foods and would converse to catch up with each other.

“So how is it going between you and Nicole?” Luhan froze at his dad suddenly bringing up the topic. “Still haven’t found her” he continued eating his food. His mom sighed seeing his son. She patted his shoulder and gave him a warm smile “I’m sure you will. One of these days, son” Luhan gave his mom a smile as a response. “I could introduce a few girls to you son if you would want me to” his dad remarked. Luhan shook his head “No need dad. I’m not ready for another” his dad laughed and eyed him “No one could ever replace Nicole in my son’s heart. Don’t worry son you’ll find her soon” His mom followed “She better have a good reason for leaving you or else I will go and eat her!” Luhan laughed and so did his dad. The night went on well with the family being able to catch up with each other and show affection as a family. Luhan was genuinely happy during his stay for aside from Nicole and Kris, his family understands him the best. He was happy that they were not forcing him to forget about Nicole and start to date other women. For him that was what he just asked from his parents. Their simple agreement to their relationship. Well he wasn’t quite sure himself if they were still in a relationship but he would have never thought of breaking that relationship for even after a year, his feelings for her was still as strong as ever. The time passed by and it was already two in the morning when Luhan decided to go home and check on Kris who was dead worried for him. “I’ll see you again soon mom and dad. Merry Christmas again!” he hugged his parents one last time before walking away but then he heard his dad shout “Son cheer up! I’m sure Nicole will come back one day” He smiled at his dad’s remark. Even though his dad at first never really agreed to their relationship, look at him now being supportive. He giggled as he took the subway again back to his apartment.

The moment he was walking back to his apartment, sudden loneliness crept into him again. “I miss you..” he whispered as he recalled how they were happy and how satisfied they were just by being together last Christmas. How he wished for that moment to come back again. But a sigh immediately came out as he realized that was the past. “It has exactly been a year. You need to move on” Kris’ words rang through his mind as he bit his bottom lip. Maybe he was right. He needed to move on. He held his heart before whispering “You’re always gonna be in my heart Jung Nicole, always” he stared at the sky and felt the cold breeze of winter. Before finally going back to his apartment, he decided to go to a nearby café and get something warm before he freezes.

“Can I have one Americano please?” Luhan waited as the barista was preparing his drink. He would look at how beautiful Seoul was and the view of couples were very nice to watch. “Here’s your drink sir” Luhan gave the payment to him before bowing and walked away. He stared at his Americano for a while before smiling “Americano..” he was too immersed in his thoughts as he didn’t notice that a petite girl was running and soon after, they bumped into each other. “I’m really sorry” Luhan was bowing when he noticed that he stained the girl’s coat. “You’re coat” his eyes widened as he immediately grabbed wet wipes from his bag and helped the girl wipe the stains. The girl giggled “It’s okay. You didn’t mean to” Luhan bowed again before the girl let out a small chuckle “Just be careful not to get too immersed on your thoughts mister you might bump into others again” Luhan was embarrassed but at the same time blushed at the sudden remark. He decided to thank the girl again for not getting mad at him but when he looked up his eyes widened.

“N-Nicole?” he was surprised. He rubbed his eyes to check if he was just imagining things. He laughed when he thought that he was probably too immersed in his thoughts that he mistook the girl for Nicole. “O-oppa..” wait did he hear her right? She just called him oppa? That all familiar voice of his girlfriend when calling him? He looked straight into her which left him shocked and so was Nicole. Sudden emotions was felt by Luhan shocked, anger, disappointed but the one that was clearly dominating was happiness. Luhan and Nicole were both lost into each other’s eyes. The silence was deafening but the atmosphere wasn’t awkward at all.

“Y-you’re back..” Luhan immediately went onto Nicole and pulled her into his arms. How he missed her for the year they were apart. Yes, Luhan was mad at her for leaving him with no anything but clearly he was just happy to have her in his arms again. His happiness was cut short when Nicole brought his arms down and looked down the floor “I-I’m sorry oppa.. for everything” A tear rolled down Luhan’s cheek, both sadness and happiness. “Why Nicole? Why did you leave me a year ago?”  Nicole still remained silent. Luhan placed his fingers under her chin, making her face him. He looked into her teary eyes “Why..” he whispered as tears were flowing endlessly. “I’m sorry” was what she could only say. Both of them were crying as the darkness deepens and there was not much people on the streets anymore. Snow was still falling from the sky as the two remained there, crying.

“W-why oppa? Why did you wait for me for a year?” Nicole took the courage and stared right into his eyes. It has never changed, even after a year he still would melt her heart just by his stare. Nicole was hurt but she could not imagine how Luhan was more hurt after everything. Nicole was ashamed of herself, ashamed of her decision. Up until that moment, she still regretted her decision. Everyday she would cry herself to sleep, no different from Luhan. She would constantly stare at the air, imagining things making her friends worry about her, which was also no different from Luhan. Nicole did not once doubt Luhan’s love for her nor did she doubt her feelings for him. If she could just turn back time exactly a year ago, she was more than willing to do anything if it was possible.

“… I love you Nicole, you know that more than anyone” he bit his bottom lip to restrain himself from crying even more. Nicole on the other hand could not stop her tears from falling. Her eyes were already red and puffy. “Am I even worth it, oppa?” Nicole remarked as Luhan nods his head yes. Luhan was hurt, after what she did to him but it hurt him even more seeing how sad his Nicole was in that moment. “You’re more than worth it Nicole” Luhan held Nicole’s hands then he noticed that in her finger there still was the ring he gave to her last Christmas. He gave her a warm smile before mutering “Should we start again?” No response from Nicole. She was simply at an utter shock. She was expecting Luhan to throw her out, slap her, shout at her or worse break up with her. Nicole did not expect Luhan to start over with her again but it pains her heart that she could not abide to his wish anymore.

“I love you Luhan oppa.. more than anything in this world” Nicole muttered as she gently planted a kiss on Luhan’s lips. Nicole gave him a warm smile before running away, leaving Luhan dumbfounded. What was happening? He thought that they were gonna start all over again? Why did she leave again? A lot of questions were running through his mind but he could not bring himself to chase after her simply because his feet felt so heavy and he was weak.

“You're once and always will be my miracle. I’m not letting you go, Jung Nicole” Luhan whispered as he stared at the running Nicole..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear readers and subscribers! My early Christmas gift to all of you for supporting my fics^^ Please comment on what you think about this story and I hope everyone have a fun and warm Christmas!! :) From Jigoo, Luhan and Nicole MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)