The shining Star

The Star

“ Hey, I am sure you will never have a girlfriend. Never! “ Baekhyun made fun of his best friend, Chanyeol.

The taller one was a complete dumb about love and how to attract a woman. Even Baekhyun have been in a relationship with few girls.

Chanyeol was too silly that girl easily get annoyed of him. Be a Chanyeol was a mistake for Chanyeol, himself. He did not know how to mix with girl.

The fact that he came from all boy middle school made it worse. Be a 18 years old guy without a girlfriend was an embarrassment for Chanyeol. He wanted to be like Baekhyun, free to choose which girl he wanted.

Baekhyun changed his partner like he changed his clothes. So effortless.

“ You shouldn’t say that! You are my best friend ! You suppose to encourage me, not making me feel down like this “ Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s words to heart.

He knew Baekhyun was kidding around but still, he couldn’t accept it. Girl thingy was a sensitive issue for Chanyeol. Baekhyun punched Chanyeol’s arm lightly while grinning.

 

 

“ Why are you suddenly being all so touchy. You know I am just playing around. Park Chanyeol, cool down dude “ Baekhyun wasn’t a fan of saying sorry when he made mistake.

He liked to apologise secretly that people wouldn’t know that he was saying sorry. Chanyeol sighed while adjusting his cap. He had that kind of habit : adjusting his cap and hair whenever he felt uneasy.

“ You know I am sensitive about that “ his voice trailed weak. Baekhyun smiled, he had something for Chanyeol. He shoved his hand into his pocket and took out a small folded paper.

“ Dude, look what I have got for you “ Baekhyun passed the paper to Chanyeol. Chanyeol raised his brow. He unfolded the paper and read what have been written on that piece of paper. “ What is this? “ Chanyeol asked while folding the paper back.

“Lottery ticket “ Baekhyun answered playfully. He chuckled before saying

“ You know Nara? That’s her number. The girl from the library “ Chanyeol nodded.

“ I have set a date for you guys. Tonight at eight “ “ What??! Date?? With Nara?? Why that nerd out of all people “ Chanyeol sighed while adjusting his cap again. The blue- black cap was Baekhyun’s gift on his 17th birthday.

Baekhyun was dumbfounded at Chanyeol’s words. He smacked Chanyeol’s arm. “ Hey stupid. You should have thanked me for setting a date for you..although with a nerd.. But still! It’s better than I set you with a gay “ Baekhyun huffed.

Chanyeol’s face turned sour again. He knew he was unwanted but a nerd.. He sighed.

 


 

Chanyeol looked at his reflection on the mirror. He was wearing a navy blue shirt with a pair of brown jeans. He tucked the shirt into his jeans and adjusting his collar. He flashed a bright smile, checking his dazzling white teeth. He applied a hair gel onto his hair, giving him a neat look “ You can do it , Chanyeol! Go go!!~ “ he pumped his fist to the air, trying to encourage himself.

Journey to the café took him about 15 minutes. When he reached there, Nara was nowhere to see. Chanyeol patiently waited for Nara. He kept thinking about what he would talk with Nara.

About school? Chanyeol shook his head. He afraid Nara would make the conversation about school longer because she was a nerd. That would be the worst option.

About love? Chanyeol shook his head again. He worried if Nara asks him about his love experience. He had nothing to talk about that topic and he would sound desperate that he needed a girlfriend. Random topic popped into his mind but not even one was made sense. Chanyeol felt helpless.

 

 

Yoda??! “ a piercing voice could be heard. Chanyeol was starled by the sudden noise. Finally, the person he waited for was there. He flashed her a awkward smile.

 

“ What the hell are you doing here? “ Nara asked with a high-pitch voice. Nara put her handbag on the table harshly. Her behavior attracted many attentions.

“ What’s wrong with you? “ Chanyeol was clueless. He started to think about how a date should be.

Shouldn’t a girl act so shy and girly?

Shouldn’t a girl talk nicely and cutely? Nara totally destroyed his dream.

 

 

Nara was shocked when he saw Chanyeol or what she called ‘ Yoda’. Everyone at school called him by that because Chanyeol has a pointy ears. Baekhyun was the first one that teased Chanyeol by calling him Yoda.

She thought she was going to have a date with Baekhyun. She had a crush on Baekhyun.

 

“ Hey Yoda. Where is Baekhyun? “ Nara looked so annoyed that she had to talk to Chanyeol.

 

 

“ Shouldn’t you be nicer. We are on our date “ Chanyeol tried to be honest. Nara shouldn’t treat him like that. Yes, she was a nerd but be a nerd did not mean that she was a good, polite and innocent girl. That only happened on drama. In real world, some of nerds are rotten inside. Like Nara.

 

“ Our date? Huh. This is the biggest mistake. I thought I am going to have date with baekhyun, not a Yoda “ Nara sarcastically said. Chanyeol pressed his lips into a thin line. His shining eyes showed a hint of his feeling. He was hurted by Nara’s words.

He wanted to put the blame on Baekhyun but he did not. He knew Baekhyun did his best to help him.

“ If you don’t like being here. You can go home “ Chanyeol tried not to raise his voice. He still had a gentleman side in himself. 

Nara gave Chanyeol a smirk. It made Chanyeol wondered if she really was a nerd..or a . “ You think I like to be here with you? “

 

“ No. I did not say that “

“ Go yourself Yoda. I don’t give a about you “

“ Yah! Mind your language. You are a girl “ His eyes grew larger when she cursed. He didn’t expect a girl to be that rude. 

“ So what? Don’t act like a nice guy in front of me. You know what, most girls in our school hate you because you are a weirdo. Peoples know you because you are Baekhyun’s friend. Obviously, you used him “

“ I am not!! “ Chanyeol slapped the table. He didn’t use Baekhyun. He never thought of doing such things. He really loves Baekhyun as his friend.

“ You are!! “ Nara shouted at him. She didn’t want to lose. “ You used him to get attention. You used him to attract girls. Like now! “

“ I SAID I AM NOT!! “ Chanyeol was bursted out shouting. Nara’s body jerked in horror. She never thought Chanyeol would shout at her.

“ Yah!! Who do you think you are??!! “ Nara shouted back.

 

“ Hey ! “ Chanyeol slapped the table before standing up. He couldn’t endure it anymore. People could talk about his failure in love. Yes, it still did hurt his heart but he couldn’t bear it when people doubting about his friendship with Baekhyun.

“ I don’t care about stupid girl like you!! You can get lost and never appear in my life again.  “ Chanyeol kicked the table and went away.

 

He knew he was too childish to act like that. He wanted to meet Baekhyun and tell him his feeling. He felt guilty for Baekhyun. Baekhyun always tries to match him with girl but not even once got a good result. “ I shouldn’t bother him with this thing anymore. Enough of this “ Chanyeol palmed his face.

 


 

Chanyeol walked alone during the cold night. As usual, he and himself. Alone. When a couple walked pass him, he would get jealous and sad. He wanted to experience all that but with who..

He was startled when a cat playing near his legs. “ Oh, it’s you “

He knew that cat because he always fed that cat when he passed by that way. “ I am alone again as usual “ Chanyeol talked to the cat. He caressed it thick fur with love. He loves animal especially a cute one.

The cat made a cute sound which succeed to make Chanyeol smiled. Chanyeol swung his house’s keys to the cat, wanting to play with it. The cat bit on it and suddenly ran away with the keys. Chanyeol was shocked but took no time to run after the cat.

“Yah!! My keys!! “His long legs did not help him at all because the cat literally dashing through the air.

“ Stop there!! “ Chanyeol shouted as if the cat could understand him.

Chanyeol faster his pace. He couldn’t lost the keys or else he couldn’t get into his own house.

The cat brought him to a dark forest behind the neighbourhood. He never knew that forest exist there. The moonlight made his could see a bit. Chanyeol stopped near a tree to catch a breath. His hand tugged on his chest. He felt suffocated. “ Aishh..this cat “ he caught the cat and got his keys. Suddenly, a white shining star appeared on the sky.

“ If a star can make my wish come true I wish I have a girlfriend “ Chanyeol wished. A  weak smile formed on his lips. He knew his wish would never come true.

He straightened his big sweater coat before walking out from the forest but he didn’t get to go out completely from the forest because a thunder roaring on the sky. He paused his track. “ God. I almost lost my life “ Chanyeol exaggerated.

“ But there is no wind at all.. even breeze “

 

“ Help me! Help me! “ Chanyeol heard a faint voice. “ Oh my God… “ Chanyeol cupped his mouth. He worried that was a ghost. “

“  Help me!! My hair stuck on this branch! “

 

Chanyeol couldn’t see where the ghost girl was.

“ Go away!! Don’t disturb me, ghost ! “ Chanyeol shouted in horror.  His eyes were roaming around even if he couldn’t see clearly.

“ I am not a ghost. I fell from that white star “

“ White star?? “

Chanyeol remembered what he has wished for. A girl. Chanyeol couldn’t believe it. A girl falling from the star ? It didn’t make sense at all.

“ Where are you? “ Chanyeol asked, braving himself to encounter the girl that claimed herself was from a star.

“ Look up! “ the girl said. Chanyeol did look up.

He gasped.

He saw a stark girl on the tree, stucked.

“ God.. i should have wished for a clothed girl “ he whispered to himself. His face turned crimson red.