Chapter 1

Last Christmas

Winter is here in Seoul. The streets are decorated with lots of colorful lights and Christmas trees. People dressed in layers and layers of clothes walk across the white streets. The cold has finally reach the city. It’s holiday season. Everyone is busy but they are all happy. Couples by couples walking hand in hand, sharing their warmth and whispering loving words. Girls points at shop’s window asking their boyfriends to buy them present. And smiles, and giggles.

I don’t have any harsh feelings for them really. But by instinct, I just silently turned to another streets if I see a couple ahead. Last Christmas, right, last Christmas, how happy was I . All those love scenes still remind me of those memories. Short but memorable times next to him, the one who let me down, who I shouldn’t love the first place.

“DooJoonie, look at those beautiful teddy bears!”- I smiled happily and tucked at my boyfriend’s arm. “Buy for me please please”-I made cute faces to him.

My boyfriend. He was so handsome. We were just the same high but he always had that protective aura that makes me feel safe whenever I’m with him. The sweetest man I’ve ever known. He patted my head, smiled brightly and held my hands tight : “Having me next to you is not enough?”

And I would squeal and hit him, saying how sentimental he was. Then we would continue our walk under the snow, between rows of Christmas trees.

This Christmas, I was the only who stand in front of shop’s windows, wishing there was someone right here for me to nag. Putting my hands in my pocket, pulling my scarf up to cover my face, I continue my journey.

Every Christmas, I have a habit of walking through those colorful streets, watching the snow falling. How lonely you are if you are alone on Chritmas! And right when I’m just about to ask.

“Haru jongel Nisengka Bunniya”

“Hello”-I pick up the phone

“WooYoung ah, you didn’t forget the date tonight right?”-Channie’s voice nearly screams out from the opposite line.

“I didn’t Channie, I’m on my way now.”-I gently answered to calm down my best friend. Really he just likes to exaggerate things. Who said I’m gonna be alone this Christmas that he set me up with one of his co-workers like this? Oh hey, I am alone. I guess it’s no harm meeting someone.

I don’t go straight to the restaurant as planned. I keep wandering around the shopping streets despite the freezing winds blowing. I stand there motionlessly in front of that particular shop. The place where they sell teddy bears. Yes, I miss you DooJoonie ah. Now you’re not here anymore, I should buy myself one to hug right? I laughed at my silly thoughts. It’s been a year already. It’s not like I haven’t moved on. Just that every Christmas will never be the same from then on.

“Ah I’m sorry!”-a young boy ran too fast that he hit me and we both fell to the grounds.

“It’s ok!”-I get up by myself and offer him a hand

The handsome boy stood up, thanked me then runs again. Poor him, he must be late for his date. A feeling of jealousy creeps up. Everyone at least has a date to be late for. How about you WooYoung?

Suddenly I remembered about my date. Oh my gosh! Don’t say that I’m late? I looked at my watch 7:15 and I supposed to be there by 6:45. I run my best toward the meeting place, panting hard when I reach there. It’s 7:30 already! Great WooYoung, you screw up your only date on Christmas.

“Sorry I’m late”-I bowed low to greet my date. When I stood up, I realized it’s him, the boy I just ran into 15 minutes ago.

“Oh, so you’re Jang WooYoung?”-he smiled brightly and stood up to greet me.

“Yes. You must be NichKhun. ChanSung has told me a lot about you.”-I smiled in return. We sat down as the food was brought out.

“Apparantly we are both late!”-he smiled and starts to talked to me.

“Yes. I’m sorry.”-I shyly replied

“May I ask what were you doing in front of the teddy’s shop? And you stayed there so long?”-NichKhun asks. He cuts all the meat and passes his plate to me.

“I was just looking.”-I receive his plate and meet his eyes while doing so. NichKhun sure has beautiful eyes. The eyes that makes you feel warm and loved. “But wait! Why do you know I stood there for a long time? Were you stalking me?”-the truth suddenly dawn on me.

“What? No!”-he chuckled.

“Then explain.”-I pouted , demanding him to answer me.

“Believe or not, I didn’t know you were the one I was about to meet tonight.”-Khun smiles, again. That killer smile really kills me. Why does he have to smile a lot? . “I was just walking to the restaurant when I saw you and..how to say…you just stood out among the crowd for me.”

This time it was my turn to giggle. “What is special about me though?”

“Well, how many boys you know like to stand in front of teddy bear’s shop?”

That question hit me hard. It’s not that I like teddy bears that much. I just…find something to remind me of DooJoon.

“And you just look cute!”-Khun finished his sentence. He his lips cause he embarrassed after complimented me.

I felt my cheeks reddened. It’s been a long time since someone complimented me like that. Not since last Christmas.

A/N: In case you guys don't know, DooJoon is a member of Beast! <3 I'm a Hottest B2uty so this is the first time I put both of my idols in the same fic ~ hehe! Keep waiting! The next chapter will be up soon ~