Exposition

Like a Drama

That day Tiffany woke up early in the morning to go to school, she took out her clothes and put on her makeup, she picked up her phone and keys and went to the hallway to take the elevator, after she got down she walked to the street to take her bus. Once she got to school she went to her class, it was a typical day, at least that's what she thought. After school she went to pick Taeyeon from her faculty but she was taking very long, she sent Tiffany a message saying that she wouldn't go with her because she was too busy and she had a lot of homework; she went to the cafeteria for a while and when she came out it started raining, she wasn't carrying an umbrella and she was only wearing a purple coat without a hood. She went out of the campus and tried to run in the rain, she didn't see any buses that took her back home so she covered herself outside a small café.

Tiffany: I knew I should have brought an umbrella with me.

Donghae: Omo, Tiffany-ah?

Tiffany: *turns* Do you know me?

Donghae: I'm Donghae, do you remember me?

She thought about it for a while and then she remembered who he was.

Tiffany: *smiles sarcastically* Ah, the jerk that dumped me for another girl? Yes, I remember you.

Donghae: *sigh* I feel bad because you remember me that way, I seriously regret that *laughs akwardly*

Tiffany: What are you doing in California? I thought you still lived in Seoul.

Donghae: I moved two months ago, I've been studying here since then.

Tiffany: I see

Donghae: Do you have an umbrella?

She suddenly realized he was soaked and water was dripping from his hair.

Tiffany: *smiles* No, I forgot to bring one. Looks like you forgot one too *laughs*

Donghae: Yeah, I did *laughs* Are you going home? How far do you live?

Tiffany: Well, I live pretty far from here.

Donghae: Do you want to stay in my house? It looks like it won't stop raining for a while, I'm staying in a place that's a few blocks away from here

Tiffany: *akward* Actually, I can take a cab--

Donghae: *smiles gently* It's late, how can I let you go by yourself in a cab?

Tiffany: Alright, I'll go.

They went for a café and talked about the things they've been doing for the past two years, she realized he was truly sorry about what he had done before and that he had changed for the better; after a long tak they ran under the rain and once they got there, they took out their shoes and left them in front of the door, Donghae rushed inside to give Tiffany a towel, he came back and helped her dry her hair.

Tiffany: Thanks *smiles*

Donghae: You're welcome.

Suddenly and old woman came out.

Woman: Dong, is that you? *looks at Tiffany with surprise* Is she your girlfriend?

Tiffany was about to deny it but Donghae answered faster.

Donghae: She is my fiancée. She lives far from here so she'll stay with me tonight *surrounds Tiffany with his arm, whispers to her ear* Pretend you are, I'll explain later.

Tiffany: Hello, granny

The grandmother greeted her and went back from where she came from. He took her to his room and closed the door.

Tiffany: *angry* What was that?

Donghae: I'm sorry! The thing is...I'm renting that woman a room here, but she's totally against bringing woman in the house if we're not engaged or married. She would have killed me if she knew we're only....strangers?

She sighed. She looked around and noticed it was a small place and there was only one bed.

Tiffany: Where am I supposed to sleep?

Donghae: You sleep in the bed, I'll sleep on the floor.

Tiffany: How can I let you do that? It's so small here.

Donghae: Just let me be. I can't afford something bigger.

The woman came in again.

Woman: Just sleep together, I have no problem with that.

They both blushed and the woman went out again with a big smile on her face.

Donghae: We'll have to, she will check every five minutes...

Tiffany:What?!

He gave her some clothes to change, the woman forced her to change in the room with him inside so he had to stare to the wall while she changed, she had to do the same when he put on his pajamas. Tiffany got in the bed akwardly, Donghae sat in the floor for a while, then she received a call from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon: Tiffany? Where are you? I called to your penthouse but you didn't answer.

Tiffany: Ah, Taeyeon-ah. I'm.....it's a long story.

Taeyeon: What is it?

Donghae suddenly turned to her.

Donghae: Taeyeon? You're still friends with that crazy girl?!

Tiffany: Yah! She's not crazy!

Taeyeon: I hear a man's voice, is that...Eunhyuk?

Tiffany: No Tae, it's not him, he's still in Seoul.

Taeyeon: Then is it that stupid jerk Lee Donghae? 

Donghae suddenly shouted.

Donghae: Who are you calling a stupid jerk, Kim Taeyeon?!

Taeyeon: It's him right?! Where are you guys I will-----

Tiffany: Sorry Tae, I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow! *hangs up* Why did you talk?!

Donghae: Sorry, I was just shocked.

Tiffany: Now I'll have to confront her tomorrow, she'll ask me a lot of questions!

Donghae: I'm really sorry

The old woman came inside again...

Woman: Guys go to sleep, it's late and you have classes tomorrow, right?

Tiffany: *smiles* Yes, granny. Thanks for the clothes again.

Woman: You're welcome sweetie, good night.

She went out of the room when Donghae got in the bed with Tiffany, their heartbeats fastened, they turned to opposite sides and both tried to sleep. As Donghae said, she went inside the room every 5 minutes to check that they were still in the same bed, after a few moments they both fell asleep.

The next morning Tiffany woke up and realized that she was hugging Donghae from behind, he was still sleeping so she just moved her arm and quickly turned to the other side, she cursed her awful sleeping habits of hugging things, then she felt when Donghae turned to her and hugged her. She blushed and her heart beat faster, she realized Donghae had woken up because he moved his arm and suddenly fell to the ground, she could hear him getting up so she pretended to be asleep. He slowly approached her...

Donghae: You're awake aren't you?

Tiffany: *bites her lower lip* How did you notice?

Donghae: *laughs and sits in the bed* You were breathing heavily, and I saw your eyelashes trembling

Tiffany: *sits down in the bed* What time is it?

Donghae: Eight o'clock.

Tiffany: I guess I still have time to go to my place and change my clothes. *gets out of the bed*

Donghae: You want your clothes? Or--

Tiffany: *picking up her stuff* What am I going to tell Taeyeon about this? Ah, I know. I'll just tell her I ran into him and that he offered me to stay at his house and I went home after he lent me an umbrella. Yep, that's it. *walks out of the room*

Donghae: I guess she still talks to herself and ignore everyone else *laughs* Wait...if it's eight o'clock....*jumps out of the bed* !

She got on the bus and went back home, meanwhile Donghae got dressed and rushed out of the old woman's house, by the way, she was really happy about Donghae sleeping with Tiffany; she realized that she was going to get late if she waited for the bus so she took her car out of the garage.

After a while, Donghae got out of his class and went back home, when he got there the grandma walked with him with Tiffany's clothes and her phone on top of it...

Woman: Looks like she forgot to take these, the phone was on the bed *angry tone* which you didn't made.

Donghae: Sorry granny, I was in a rush so I forgot to make my bed.

Woman: You should go give her back her stuff.

Donghae: *smiles* I will.

He was excited about meeting her again, so he looked around her messages for her address; he looked in her agenda hoping she actually wrote something important there, and she did, she was going to have lunch with Taeyeon at 3 o'clock in the afternoon in a small café, the café where they met.

Tiffany drove to the café and looked in her pocket for her phone, but she realized she didn't have it, she stopped the car in front of Taeyeon's faculty and looked for her phone; she didn't remember picking it up from Donghae's bed, she didn't have his number so she thought about going to his house but the grandma would bother her again. Taeyeon went out of the building and saw Tiffany in her car...

Taeyeon: Wow, it's weird that you bring your car here! Why did you bring it?

Tiffany: I was late in the morning.

Taeyeon: *annoyed* Why were you with Donghae?

Tiffany: I'll tell you when we get to the café, alright?

Taeyeon: *glare* Ok

They got in the car and drove to the café, Donghae wondered if he should call Taeyeon hoping she was with Tiffany or go with her to the café...What did he do?