2

I Just Really Like Pizza
"Where are you? Can you come by the shop as soon as possible?" came Manager Luhan's voice from Yifan's phone as he woke up on his day off. "Mmmmmh,whywhathappened?" he croaked in reply, checking the clock and seeing it was roughly two in the afternoon. "Those kids called again and they said they refuse to pay unless we 'send the blond one' to deliver. They turned away Minseokkie twice already and threatened to call the cops on Jongdae." Luhan explained. Still processing all that was said during his sleep intoxicated state, he replied with a blunt "So?". "SO, if you get your down here and deliver the four pizzas they've ordered before they complain to that brat Zitao about bad service, I'll let you keep everything they give you." The simple math was easy enough for Yifan in realize immediately that that would mean at least $60. He kicked off the sheets and began rapidly dressing himself. "I'LL BE THERE IN TEN MINUTES, HAVE THE PIZZAS READY."
The doorbell finally went off and Jongin flew down that stairs with anticipation. The door was flung open and he leaned against the doorframe suavely in slippers and a Pororo bathrobe. "Hello again, FanFannie." he remarked, smiling charmingly.  Yifan scowled at the nickname, cursing the fact that wearing nametags was mandatory. "It's my day off, kid.  Just give me the money so I can go back home and sleep." Yifan drawled, glaring slightly through the bird's nest of unbrushed hair on his head. "Then how about you come on in and have a seat while I go get my wallet?" Jongin invited, gesturing for him to come inside. "You can play some video games while you wait!" Yifan weighed the costs and benefits of time vs. money and decided he might as well humour the boy for a while. He exhaled emphatically through his nose and reluctantly stepped in. "Yehet~" The door closed shut with a click and Jongin scrambled back upstairs excitedly. "I'll be back down in a second!" he shouted. Yifan plopped down on the couch in front of the gaming monitor next to an unresponsive, hypnotized Sehun. He sighed in resignation and wondered when he would be able to go home.
 
Unknowingly, Kris ended up picking up a controller, joining the battle game under the preset name "ChickenStyle" and engaging in idle conversation is the younger blond.  "So why do you work for Xiao Tao's company?" Sehun asked absentmindedly, furiously smashing away at the button to shoot.  "Just for some extra money." Yifan replied, mimicking the same action as their team was getting cornered by enemies. "I can't eat the food they serve in my college, and it's nice to have actual books to study from, you know?" "Wooow, people actually study?" Sehun said aloud in amazement. "Real world's tough, kid.  You gotta start putting in some more effort into it like you do for these games." the older advised.  Sehun rolled his eyes and committed virtual suicide, before gettin up and stretching. "Yeeeeeees, sir." "When's your friend coming back down?" Yifan asked as Sehun rolled up a slice of the cold pizza and was about to take a bite. "You know, Jongin has a major man crush on you or something, right?" Sehun nonchalantly inquired, before stretching his mouth wide and trying to cram the while slice in.  "Really now?"  Yifan walked over to the banister where he last saw Jongin and shouted upwards. "WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT A CRUSH ON ME?" And as he was shouting, Sehun started to choke, having stretched both cheeks to full capacity with the pizza, rushing to the sink and fumbling with the faucet handles with his greasy hands.  He heard the clattering of a gaming remote onto the floor as Jongin's rapid thundering footsteps traveled downwards toward him "By the way, I think your friend is dying." he stated, briefly making eye contact with the boy before letting him use his pole-like body as a tether and launch himself into the kitchen and save Sehun.
 
Yifan stood at a distance as he watched various maids come and go from the kitchen cleaning up Sehun's vomit and arranging for someone to take the poor boy home.  'Spoiled, rich- brats' he thought. Jongin finally descended the stairway in proper clothing and handed a folded $100 bill to the taller blond. "Sorry again for today." he said, embarrassedly.  Yifan nodded appreciatevely and carefully tucked the money away in his back pocket.  "It's fine, I wasn't doing anything today other than sleeping anyway." he reassured. "But don't call in asking me to work on my day off next time!" he chided the boy.  Jongin grinned and sheepishly scratched the back of his head.  "Y-Yeah sorry..." he stuttered. "We just really like pizza, you know?" he said awkwardly.  Yifan snorted. "Yeah sure you do."  He patted the boy on the shoulder and allowed Jongin to show him to the front door.  On the way there, Yifan scribbled his own number onto a slip of paper and slipped it into the boy's front pant pocket. With on hand already on the door handle, he leaned down slightly and whispered into Jongin's ear. "Listen kiddo. Next time, you want to see me, just call this number.  You'll get sick from all this pizza just like your friends over there. "  He threw a wink at a the slowly reddening Jongin before walking out. Jongin rapidly closed the door and breathed out, a smile starting to form sa he nervously hyperventalated.  He cracked the door open again and peeked out, watching Yifan mount his scooter and ride off.  Fishing the sliver of paper out of his pocket and staring at it admiringly in place of the taller blond, Jongin made a mental note to personally contact his friend Zitao and convince him to give a raise to the pizza shop employees for outstanding service.