Of studies & messages

Remember Me {HIATUS}

~~~~~~

The cool crispy fall air was replaced with a white blanket of snow signaling the onset of yet another winter season. The city was starting to fill with festive lights and decorations that outlined the shops. The faces of the people painted with smiles and laughs as they go on with their busy days.

Within the walls of Seoul Academy however was a different atmosphere. The ending of the school year meant Final exams once again.  While many would consider high school years as a time to enjoy and spunk up some fun once in a while; it was quite different for students of this school. Seoul Academy was a highly prestigious institution defined by their well perfected curriculum and skilled professionals who taught with discipline. Academics was not taken lightly and nor was any foul behavior. Studies were taken seriously and competition was fierce.

Most of the student body was seen lingering and studying hardcore within the huge library that was just recently expanded due to complaints that there wasn’t enough study space. While it may seem students were busily studying their brains away, it was not really evident in a particular corner of the library.

“so what you’re saying is if I fail this exam, I can still pass the class right?” Chanyeol eagerly asked as he shifted his weight off the couches and onto the table in front of him.

“maybe if you studied instead of asking these pointless questions, you’ll actually pass the class idiot” Eun Hee replied as she rolled her eyes while flipping the pages of her history textbook.

Chanyeol fell back onto the couch and heaved a disheartened sigh.

“I give up, I don’t think my brain can absorb this material in 24 hours.” He rubbed his eyes. “I have my eyes set on being a hobo.”

“You mean just like the hobo you keep visiting every weekend down on 12th street” Jongin smirked while twirling a pencil in between his fingers.  “the guys practically your best friend, you might as well.” He let go of the pencil and snapped Ye Jin’s book shut.

She looked up in furry and bit her lip, a habit of her when confronted with anything odd or surprising. “great, how am I supposed to know which page I was on now?” raising the book up, showing him how thick the book. 

“you’ve been studying for the past two hours now, rest a little.” Jongin stated.

She looked at him annoyed and was beginning to talk when Jongin put a hand over .

“I know, I know. Not everyone is as smart as you blah blah blah, that’s what you were going to say right?”

She kicked his chair a little in annoyance and continued studying.

By now Chanyeol had managed to almost stir into dreamland if it weren’t for Eun Hee’s constant pokes and threats of what would happen if he did not study. Ye Jin got back into her studying groove, determined to do extremely well and Jongin just watched her attentively and absorbed her features in as if Ye Jin was a subject herself. The way she frowned when she didn’t understand the meaning behind the words or rub her eyes which showed a hint of tiredness. Or even subtle details of how she put her hair behind her hair and straightened up her posture every time she thought she was leaning way too much onto the chair. These things didn’t go unnoticed by Jongin. Even till this day, he was very so intrigued by her actions.

Ye Jin was different.  She too was brought up in a very successful elite household. While her mother passed away during her early child hood days, her father was always busy in his work. While Ye Jin barely remembered any memories with her mother, she still felt the void of being motherless. Growing up, she learnt it all by herself but the envy of other kids who would boast about their mothers packing them sweet lunches and buying them gifts made her distant. Yet, she managed to smile and not let things get her down. When her father had been promoted to a higher position, they decided to move. It was then that she had transferred to Seoul Academy.

But her father’s situation was not as simple as one would think. Soon the disheveled situation in her home had caused her to move in with Eun Hee. Her main priority was school and she couldn’t let the problems at home affect her studies.

Yejin looked out the big arched window and wore a worried expression on her face. Recently she had been getting strange text messages from an unknown number. A week ago it read ‘look out’ and days following that it read ‘you’re in danger’ ‘death’. This morning as she got ready for school, she received another one reading ‘it’s your end’.  While she shrugged it aside, it did worry her a little.

She looked onto her side to see Jongin sound asleep on his arm. She cracked a smile as she pushed some stray hair aside.

Truthfully, ever since she met Jongin, Ye Jin was a whole lot happier than she used to be. Of course her first encounter with him didn’t mean love at first sight, more or so she questioned why he was so distant and uninterested in his surroundings. Only then, when she managed to break his outer shell because he allowed her to do so – did she realize his heart was warm and that he only allowed certain people to see this side of him.

The phone buzzed on the table and Yejin read the message.

 ‘Tomorrow’ - it read.

She bit her lip nervously and gripped her phone tightly. Thoughts lingered in her mind. What were these messages and why was she getting them?

~~~~~~~~~~~

odg, help me. lol ><. ~ I have an idea, but sometimes words don't form. Please do leave comments~ please please.