Kim Hana- Love is complicated

Living with a... Gay!

I bit down on the hard candy and I hummed delightfully as the filling oozed out like honey. It was such an excellent day. The sun was shining mildly, the clouds were white and fluffy like cotton candy, the streets weren’t really busy since it was a school day (no, I didn’t skip school, I had a three hour break), the road was peaceful and quiet as the leaves rustle in the spring breeze, and… Choi Eunhee trying to bite the candy… was a no-no. She repeatedly bit on the candy and when the filling finally escaped from the walls surrounding it, Eunhee plopped the stick away from the candy.

“Is it that hard?” I asked.

“I think it is expired. I’ve never had a candy as hard as this.” Eunhee pouted and threw the stick away.

“It is naturally as hard as that. You’re supposed to have strong teeth.” Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled Eunhee’s hair.

“But this is too hard! How did you do it?” Eunhee raised an eyebrow at me and I flicked her forehead softly.

“It’s my favourite candy. Of course I can do it.” I laughed.

“Are you sure it’s not expired?” Eunhee asked again.

“No!” Chanyeol yelled kiddingly and pinched both of Eunhee’s cheeks.

“Ah! Ah! Stop!” She cried and tried to slap Chanyeol’s hands away.

These two, such a cute couple if you call it. But I am pretty sure Eunhee likes someone else. I looked around the streets and I watched the cars go by as I rated each one of them out of ten. While I was looking around, a guy in ripped jeans attracted my attention. He was staring at me while smiling like a derp. When he found me looking back at him, he gulped and looked down at the platform. I called Eunhee and pointed at him secretly.

“Maybe he likes you.” Eunhee grinned and nudged me.

“No way.” I frowned and shook my head as I turned back to him.

He looked up back at me and smiled charmingly. I smiled back and bowed slightly, one of the habits I tend to do a lot. I think the bow was like an acceptance to that guy. He came parading to me, crossing the road carefully to avoid any nasty accidents. I waited for him to come with a nervous feeling and a beating heart. I told Eunhee and she confirmed that he liked me because no one will ever walk to me if he or she doesn’t like me.

“Hi.” He said and shook my held out palm.

“Hello. May I know who you are?” I asked slowly.

“Oh, Chanyeol! I want bubble tea! Let’s go and buy! Bye Hana!” Eunhee suddenly perked up and waved to me before she pulled Chanyeol away with her into a bubble tea shop that was right behind us.

I was pretty sure Eunhee wanted to spy on me with the guy. To be honest, if she is talking about love, I have no interest at all. My heart only belongs to Jongin, who doesn’t seem to know. I have no likes for other guys except for Jongin. I know I sound selfish, but he is the first guy to actually capture my heart, and I only want to be with someone that I love and I know.

“My name is Huang ZiTao, but you can call me Tao. I believe I’ve seen you before.” He, Tao, said shyly.

‘”Me? Oh... where have you seen me?” I chuckled bashfully. “Anyways, my name is—“

“Kim Hana, I know.” He smirked.

“How do you know?”  I asked curiously.

“If you haven’t noticed, I am from the university opposite yours, and I’ve, um, been sort of ‘stalking’ you in social Medias.” Tao said and looked down at the ground.

“Stalk? But… out of all people, why me?” I asked, because I am such a nerd no one wants to hand out with me (Eunhee is an exception, she’s a lovely idiot).

“Because, you attract me. You’re pretty, smart, and I like cute girls like you.” Tao confessed and held onto my hand.

I stepped back as I realized he was trying to confess. I don’t want him to. It’s not that I find him creepy or I hate him. It’s just that I have a heart for someone else and I don’t want to hurt him by saying no. That would be rude and wrong. Therefore, it’s better to not hear Tao’s confession just because hurting people is one of the biggest sins.

“I know this is sudden but… I just like you so much.” Tao said and held onto my hand tightly.

“But you don’t even know me well.” I pointed out but he shrugged it off.

“Who cares? I can get to know you when we’re together. Kim Hana… will you be my—“

“HANA!” I could hear a sudden call and I turned to the voice.

It was Kim Jongin. I felt so glad for some reason. He had stopped Tao’s confession! I smiled as Jongin came running towards me. I turned back to Tao, who was glaring at Jongin. I guess he realized Jongin had interrupted his confession session. But… how does Jongin know I was here? I didn’t even talk to him for the whole day since I left earlier than he did. Did… did he stalk me too? But, I didn’t tell anyone I am here. Only Eunhee and Chanyeol knew because they followed along.

“Who is that?” Tao asked angrily.

“He… he is my friend.” I told him.

“Boyfriend, not friend.” Jongin suddenly came over and said the words.

I got shocked for a moment; because I thought I would never hear Jongin calling himself a boyfriend of mine. I never thought he would sling an arm over me. I never imagined Jongin would kiss my forehead. I never would have imagined Jongin would act as a fake boyfriend of mine. When will he be real then?

“Boyfriend?” Tao growled and pushed Jongin. “I am her boyfriend, not you!”

“You, her boyfriend? What bull crap is that?!” Jongin yelled back and pulled Tao onto the floor.

“Stop, the both of you!” I tried to push them away, but to no avail. “Guys, we can sort this out in a different way.”

“Yes, we can. Tomorrow, you and I right outside my university at five. The one who wins gets her.” Tao growled and stomped off angrily.

I can’t believe a good day can turn into a bad one.

 

~*~

 

I was reading my fifth book that I borrowed from my school library. The library was really very quiet, since no one ever comes in anyway. It is only full when their assessments are due an hour after. I leaned against the couch and sat in a really comfortable position, which was sitting in the cross-leg action. The librarian usually doesn’t let students do that, but since I visit the library daily, the librarian lets me off. She says it is rare for her to see young adults in the library nowadays.

“Hana!” I felt a soft pat on the back and it scared the life out of me.

I turned around and found Eunhee grinning at me. I slapped her arms a few times before she took a seat beside me. She stretched and told me she had just finished a game of basketball with Chanyeol. It’s unbelievable really to find out that Eunhee joined basketball in the cCA committee. She looks more like the lazy baboon type that does technical stuffs. Well, never judge a book by its cover. Anyways, I am pretty sure Chanyeol dragged her into the team.

“Have you watched the new movie I showed you?” Eunhee asked.

“Nope. I’d rather read these books.” I stuck my tongue out and flipped to a new, fresh page.

“Hmph. What’s the fun in reading books?” Eunhee rolled her eyes and lied down on the couch like a sloth.

It was quiet for awhile, but then suddenly, Eunhee began to ask me questions about the book. She asked me repeatedly, which resulted me in not getting to read the book. I glared at her everytime I thought she was finished with asking questions.

“So, in the end, he- oh wait isn’t that Jongin?” Eunhee asked, finally, an interesting question.

I looked up and found Jongin smiling at me. I smiled back while Eunhee waved embarrassingly. I stopped her from waving as Jongin came over. He sat right beside me and looked at the book that I was reading. I froze, since he was leaning so close. His hair was touching my cheek and I felt so happy, like as if my heart was bursting into fireworks.

“Who is this Changmin guy?” It was the same exact question Eunhee asked, which turned my heart from fireworks into angry bombs.

Here we go again with the questions. I just realized Eunhee and Jongin have the same personality- which is to ask people countless questions. Ugh. 

 

~*~*~

 

YAY AN UPDATE! I updated this chapter to introduce Tao in so I am truly sorry if it boring and quickXD heheheeh and the second skit omg it's very very lame I just wanted to make it funny XD

Hopefully I'll update tomorrow too okay? Heheheh I love you all!

 Comment down below who you want Eunhee to end up with!