The Fall Out 4.0

The Fall Out

“And we know it's never simple, never easy. You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand.”

 

“Do you want me to accompany you again?” Woohyun asked when he called Sungyeol.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m fine now. I don’t want to be a burden to you, thanks anyway.” Sungyeol answered.

“Oh okay then. If you need someone, just call me up. I’ll be there for you.” Woohyun said cheerfully and hang up.

Sungyeol grabbed his jacket and went out to grab a drink.

Unknowingly, he came to the café that he always went with Myungsoo. He sighed, when he will be able to forget everything about Myungsoo.

“Hey there boy. As usual?” The waiter greeted Sungyeol.  Sungyeol nodded and smiled. He went to queue to pay for his drink.

When Sungyeol is done paying, he turned too quickly and bumped into someone, causing his coffee to spill over his shirt.

“HEY WATCH WHERE YOU GOING.” Sungyeol yelled and start grabbing some tissue to wipe off the stain.

“Uh, I’m sorry.” The voice said and started helping Sungyeol to clean up the mess.

“Ugh, I’m having such a bad day. I’ve been dumped. He didn’t say he’s sorry to me back. And now this happened. UGH.” Sungyeol nagged.

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah yeah, you said it already. I heard it.” Sungyeol said in an irritating voice.

“I’m really sorry, Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol looked up slowly. His eyes met Myungsoo’s. “I’m sorry.” Myungsoo said with his sad eyes.

Myungsoo brought Sungyeol back to his home even though Sungyeol insisted that he can walk to his house by himself.

“I’m sorry, my room is messy.” Myungsoo started picking up all his clothes and threw them in the cupboard.

“It’s okay.” Sungyeol walked carefully to avoid stepping on Myungsoo’s clothes.

“It’s very very messy, I know. Sorry, you shouldn’t see all of this.” Myungsoo closed the cupboard and wiped his sweat with the back of his hand.

“Phew. You can sit on the couch if you want to. Or my bed. I don’t really mind.” Myungsoo added.

Sungyeol smiled a little and said, “I’ll be okay on the couch, thank you.”

“Stay there, I’ll be right back.” Myungsoo said before running out from his room.

Several minutes later he came back holding a shirt. “I don’t know if you’re okay with this shirt but I think it suits you the best.”

Sungyeol took the shirt from Myungsoo’s hands and smiled. “I’ll try it then.” He said before walking into the bathroom.

Myungsoo smiled. Sungyeol is still being careful about tearing his shirt in front of Myungsoo.

Sungyeol came out wearing that shirt. Myungsoo smiled and said, “It suits you, Sungyeol!”

“You don’t have to give it to me really.” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo handed out his hand.

“What? What do you want?” Sungyeol asked.

“Give me your dirty shirt. I’ll wash it for you.” Myungsoo said.

“But I can wash it at my home.” Sungyeol said. But Myungsoo grabbed the shirt from Sungyeol and said, “I’ll wash it okay. No more buts.”

After dumping Sungyeol’s shirt into the washing machine, Myungsoo went back into the room and sat next to Sungyeol.

“Myungsoo?” Sungyeol said quietly.

“Yes?” Myungsoo said.

“Can we have a talk, now? Heart to heart talk?”

 

 

 

 

 

“And I can't breathe without you but I have to breathe without you.”

 

“So, you do miss me but your ego is too high, am I right?” Sungyeol teased Myungsoo.

“Quit teasing me. It’s just that I’m afraid you won’t be feeling the same way.” Myungsoo said, wrapping his arms around Sungyeol.

“You should’ve just said you’re sorry too, you know. I’m a huge mess because of you.”

“I’m a huge mess because of you too. Every night I wondered to myself, maybe I should stay, maybe I should leave, maybe I should go on or maybe I should give up.” Myungsoo said.

“Well, I’m right by your side now, right? You don’t have to worry about all those things. Because I’ll never leave you again.” Sungyeol smiled.

“Why did we even fight in the first place? I must be such a dumb person.” Myungsoo said.

“No you’re not, Myungsoo. Sometimes, we have to go through some hardships so we can appreciate what we have now. You’re not dumb.” Sungyeol said as he brushed his hand on Myungsoo’s hair gently.

“If I ever do such dumb things again, please knock my head hardly.” Myungsoo grinned.

“Promise me you’ll stay by my side until forever?” Sungyeol asked.

“Of course I do. I promise.” Myungsoo pinky-promised Sungyeol.

They linked their hands together tightly before Sungyeol looked into Myungsoo’s eyes and said,

“I take pinky-promises seriously, by the way.”

Myungsoo giggled and kissed Sungyeol.

 

 

“Dummy, what I need is you.”