The Fall Out 1.0

The Fall Out

“I see your face in my mind as I drive away. Because none of us thought it was going to end that way.”

 

 

“Sungyeol? Sungyeol!” Myungsoo snapped his fingers in front of Sungyeol.

“What?”

“You have to stop daydreaming! You’re always slipping out whenever I’m talking. Do you even pay attention to what I’m saying?” Myungsoo glared.

“I AM NOT DAYDREAMING. I was thinking, okay. And yes, I do pay attention.” Sungyeol said.

“Oh really? And then what’s the last word I said to you just now?” Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol.

“Umm. You’re saying that you’re tired …. ?”

“UGH. YOU’RE NOT LISTENING AGAIN, SUNGYEOL. Every time I’m talking to you, you never even paid attention to what I’m saying. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And you know what? I’m sick with it. You and me are never going to work out.”

“FINE. If you’re sick of it then just go away. I don’t even know why we ended up being together at the first place either. I should’ve dated somebody else who’s MORE considerate than you!” Sungyeol yelled.

“OKAY THEN. If you really want to, then this is the end.” Myungsoo grabbed his things and walked out.

Myungsoo started his car and drove away. He’s just so frustrated with everything that just happened just now. Very frustrated.

“Why are you such an idiot?” Myungsoo said to himself

“Did I just do the wrong thing? But it’s his fault. Should I say I’m sorry? But it’s his fault. UGH. Stupid life.” Myungsoo grunted as he’s driving away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And sometimes we change our minds. But it's killing me to see you go after all this time.”

 

“Sungyeol, you should go out more often. It’s not healthy to just stay indoor forever.” Woohyun complained.

“I don’t want to. Can you please just go away? You’re not helping me at all.” Sungyeol said.

“Oh so I’m not helping you? Let’s see, who brought you back home when you’re so drunk last night? You’re literally screaming about how life is unfair and how people should change their minds last night.” Woohyun snapped back.

“And not to mention, you’re sobbing Myungsoo’s name on my shoulder as I’m carrying you home.” Woohyun added.

“Urgh. Fine. Just shut up about the Myungsoo part. You did help me, okay. You win. I lose. Game over.”

“Don’t be like that, Sungyeol. Let’s go out now. I’ll accompany you.” Woohyun dragged Sungyeol to the door.

“You’ll be regretting for doing this to me, Nam Woohyun.” Sungyeol grunted.

“I know I will but for now, let’s just say we’ll have a splendid time together.”

 

“Just why you did brought me here, Woohyun?” Sungyeol frowned at Woohyun.

“To release your stress, of course! Studies shows that shopping is one of the tips to release your stress. Now let’s go.” Woohyun pulled Sungyeol in the mall.

 

“Sungyeol! You should buy this! It matches your skin.” Myungsoo showed him a dress.

“WHAT? That’s a dress, Myungsoo. Is something wrong with your eyesight or what?” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah, I know. I just thought it’ll look great on you.” Myungsoo pouted.

“Stop it! I’m not going to fulfil any of your weird wishes again. The last time I agreed to grant your wish, I have to dance to a girl group song and I’m never ever going to go back there again.” Sungyeol complained.

Myungsoo giggled and keep on walking. Trying to find the suitable clothes for Sungyeol. Since Sungyeol is too lazy to shop on his own.

“Hey, look! Matching pyjamas! It’s super cute.” Sungyeol showed Myungsoo a pair of pyjamas.

“Umm, Sungyeol. That’s a couple pyjamas.”

“Yeah, I know. Lovely, isn’t it? I’m going to take this.” Sungyeol said happily.

“Urgh. I don’t want to wear that, Sungyeol. You know I do not wear pyjamas.” Myungsoo showed his i-am-not-happy-with-it face.

“Just keep quiet, Myungsoo. We’ll look great in it, I promise.”

 

“Umm, Sungyeol? You here?” Woohyun stared at Sungyeol.

“Yeah, yeah I am. Sorry, how long was I out?”

“I’m not sure. I was busy talking and grabbing things for you and then I turned around and noticed that you zoned out already.” Woohyun said.

“Sorry, I should stop doing that.” Sungyeol said apologetically.

“It’s okay, I don’t really mind.” Woohyun smiled and keep on walking.

 

Sungyeol treasured that day the most. It’s the day that he finally convinced Myungsoo to wear that cute pyjama he bought. And they even snapped a picture together as a proof even though Sungyeol have to run all around the house to catch Myungsoo from running away.

 

“Ugh. Why do you even have to capture this moment. I’ll be embarrassed for my whole life. My life is ruined.” Myungsoo covered his face with his hands.

“Your life is not ruined. It’s just a pyjama, that’s all. And this polaroid is for you to remember this moment.” Sungyeol said happily while handing out the polaroid to Myungsoo.

“Keep that with you at all time, so that you’ll never forget me.”

 

The smell of the marker pen ink is still fresh in Sungyeol’s mind. He still remembers the exact word that he wrote at the back of the polaroid ;

“The first time my Myungsoo granted my wish.”