Bringing them back

Monster or Saviour

After the accident, Youngjae had a pretty normal life. He went back to school saying that he was really sick and that his parents didn’t want to take the risk it with letting people in because it might have been contagious, when in fact he didn’t know what had happened to him in that week. He trusted his parents and didn’t ask anything more. If his parents wanted to tell him, then they would.

“Youngjae, want to go with us to that new coffee shop that opened?” Jongsuk asked.

“Sorry, Jongsuk, but I already told Kyuwon that I’d go with him to his practice.” Youngjae apologized.

“Just admit it, you don’t want to hang out with me.” Jongsuk faked a cry and Youngjae laughed.

“Don’t be an idiot. You know that’s not true.”

“Of course it’s not true. I mean, look at me! I’m amazing! Who wouldn’t want to hang out with me?” Jongsuk flipped his hair and did a stupid pose. Youngjae laughed his out.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night, Jongsuk. See you tomorrow.” Youngjae waved as he walked away.

“Bye-bye!” Jongsuk shouted after him.

 

----------

 

Police sirens could be heard through the streets of Seoul as they went to the scene of the reported incident. Multiple explosions have been occurring throughout the city and all of them were made to seem gang related.

Zelo walked in the maze of allies, dead ends in each wrong turn. But Zelo couldn’t make any wrong turns or else he could get caught, or worse. Get himself killed. He quickly fished out his phone from his back pocket and dialed a very much used number. He took the phone to his ear, taking a quick glance behind him as he made another turn.

*Yeoboseyo?*

“Jongup, I need you to send me the address to the other headquarters.” Zelo requested.

*Jello, I’m keeping tabs on the guys you’d end up killing and three of them are moving.*

“I know. They’re the guys that are after me.” Zelo shrugged as he stopped and leaned against the wall near the exit of the maze.

*Just see that you make it through alive, you hear me?* Jongup sighed.

“Since when has keeping alive been a problem?” Zelo smirked. “Now if you’ll excuse me, some rats are in front of me and you know how much I hate rodents.”

*Yeah, I do. Still, is this really necessary?*

“If I don’t do this, they’ll go after Youngjae and he just got back to having a normal life again.”

*You really do care about him, don’t you?* Zelo was about to refute but Jongup didn’t give him time. *Don’t go on about that you’re the cold hearted one. You care about him and nothing will change that.* Jongup sighed. *They’re around the corner. Be careful.* And just like that, Jongup ended the call.

Zelo looked at his phone before putting it back on his pocket and he pushed himself off of the wall, turning to the guys that had made their appearance. Zelo groaned and ruffled his own hair. “Look, I don’t have much time left. I have other things to do than to worry about small things like you guys so let’s just get this over with, shall we?” With that said, Zelo launched foreword.

 

----------

 

A phone rang through the pitch dark and silent room. With a groan, Zelo picked the phone up and took it to his ear, clicking the answer button.

*They ed everything up.* Jongup said.

“The do you mean, Jongup?” Zelo wasn’t in the mood for guessing nor thinking.

*Someone broke in and destroyed all of my babies.*

“You mean someone broke all your computers?” Zelo clarified.

*Yes! What’s so hard to understand?* Jongup whined. *Now seriously, I think they are after Youngjae.* Zelo’s eyes snapped open at the statement and sat up. *It’s the middle of the afternoon so Youngjae’s classes just ended. They might try to get him as he goes home.*

Zelo groaned and went to his window and opened the curtain, not even flinching when the strong light of the afternoon sun hit his eyes. He looked down at the city catching a glimpse of Youngjae’s school and looking over the track the other used to go home. “I’ll get to him in time. Don’t worry.”

*That is…. If you’re not too late already.* Jongup said.

“Don’t worry, I’m not.” Zelo breathed out and went to his closet. “I’ll call you later and help you with your stuff when I’m done with this, okay?”

*Thanks.* Jongup mumbled. *Good luck.* Zelo ended the call and quickly got ready, leaving his house at full speed towards the park the other would definitely be at. At least, that’s what Zelo hoped.