Goodbye Love.

The One That Got Away {One-Shot}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: Because It’s You - Davichi

 

Dec. 24.. I was in the park, waiting for nothing.. here I am, sitting in one of the bench..

Tomorrow is Christmas and I only have one wish.. I want to find someone to spend it with.. I seriously don’t know why it feel like today, I’ll finally found that someone..

Here I am, getting my hopes up that God will give his gift to me.. I wait for 1 hour, 2 hours, 4.. 5.. 6.. but I got nothing..

I stand from the bench as I look at my wrist watch.. its already 11:00 pm.. one more hour and its Christmas.. a tear escape from my eyes as I walk away from that bench..

As I walk I remember what my doctor tell me..

“you have cancer..” he said and I feel my whole body weaken..

“b-bwo?” I said while tears escape from my eyes.. this can’t be true? I still have a lot of dreams..

“I’m so sorry..” he lower his head.. I look away but I look back at him.. “how much more time do I have?” I ask trying to act brave..

“1 year..”

I still cant believe the fact that I’ll die soon.. that’s the reason why I pray to find someone to spend Christmas with.. I never had a boyfriend before and I do get jealous when I saw couples in the street.. I want to experience being loved before I die.. love that I never felt.. not in my family.. not in my friends.. I want to feel how to be loved..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into this café which open 24 hours.. there’s only me and a couple who is happily talking by the window.. I hope I’ll find the right guy for me soon.. I order and I sit near the counter.. I look at the couple with envy..

Soon my order arrive and as I was on my way out of the café I bump into the guy who is walking in the café..

“omo are you ok?” his deep voice caught my attention.. “I’m alrig-” I wasn’t able to finish my sentence cause when I look up I thought I just saw an angel.. God, is he the one?

I know I sound crazy right now since he’s just someone I accidentally meet but my heart, its beating fast..

He rub the back of his head.. “I’m so sorry.. I wasn’t looking..”

“No.. its ok..” I said as I smile at him.. he smile back and then he continue going inside the café..  I wonder what he’s name.. I thought but I shake it off and proceed to the park again and I sit in the bench again.. I decide to just wait for Christmas here..

I keep myself warm but sipping my coffee and wrapping hand to its warm surface..

“ohh its you again..” I heard a deep voice.. the same deep voice from the café.. I immediately look up to see him with his coffee..

“can I sit with you?” he ask and I just nod.. silence fill the air until he decide to break it..

“why are you alone?” he said while looking at me.. “I’m always alone..” I said quietly..

“ohh.. uhm but its Christmas.. don’t you have some relatives? Your parents?” I figure that this guy is talkative thou when you look at him he look like a cold, distant man but he’s totally not..

“I don’t have a family.. lets just put it that way..” I said with sad smile and he rub the back of his head.. “sorry..”

Silence once again fill the air.. “uhm..” he started and I look at him.. “I forgot to ask for your name.. what’s your name?”

I look at him and he’s smiling while waiting for me to talk.. “I’m.. I’m ~~~~~~..”

“nice to meet you ^^ I’m Myungsoo..” he said and then he offer a handshake.. I hesitate at first but later on I accept it and shook hands with him..

Silence then fill the air again.. I look at my wrist watch to see that its already 12:00 am..

“Merry Christmas..” we both said at the same time.. I look away blushing and he chuckle..

I don’t have any clue that this moment will be the start of everything between me and him..

-10 months later-

I was walking in the park.. it’s October and today is my 8th month anniversary with my boyfriend..

I walk to the bench where we always meet each other.. looks like I got here first again.. I said as sit in the bench..

The day he confess is still fresh to my mind..

I went to my favorite café.. I ordered the usual and when my order was serve to me, I was surprise cause there’s a note in it..

Hi ^^

Are you enjoying your coffee? ^^ hehe

I wanted to say something important to you..

Please go the playground.. in the swings ^^ see you there..

~M <3

I was amuse and confuse at the same time.. M??? I got curious so I went to the playground.. I look around hoping to see him.. but I just saw children.. I then went to the swing to see another note.. before I can even read the note someone tug on my shirt so I turn and a little cute boy hand me a rose.. I thank him then he run away..

Did you get the rose? ^^ its white cause that’s your favourite right?

Anyway.. are you disappointed not to see me? ^^

Well if you really want to see me then go the book store where you always buy novel books ^^

~M <3

I look around to see if he’s just out there and playing with me but he’s not.. so I continue to the nearby book store where I really do buy novel books..

 The ahjussi who is the owner of the book store greet me.. he already know me.. I then went to the novel section and I saw another note in my favourite book.. I smile.. this person surely knows me..

I saw you one day reading this book ^^ is it good? I try to read it but I feel dizzy to read words after words without pictures @__@

How did you manage to read that? ^^ hehe

Anyway.. I’m still not here, eh?

Go to the bench in the park where we first had our time together..

This is the last location I swear ^^ See you there..

~ M <3

I’m starting to feel that I know this person.. he’s really close to me.. to my heart..

I then went to the park and I saw a guy sitting in the bench that I always went to.. I smile then I went closer to him..

“what took you so long?” he ask when I’m already in front of him.. “Ya Kim Myungsoo! You’re the one that make me go to different places..” I said as I cross my arms in my chest.. so its him ^^

He chuckle then he hold my arm and make me look at him..

“I want to tell you something important..” he said seriously and I look at him feeling nervous..

“~~~~~~ I.. I felt this the moment I laid my eyes on you but I don’t want to surprise you that time.. I surely take my time to know you better and I know I’m pretty much sure with my feelings..” he said then he hold my hands..

“I love you..” he confess and I was dumbfounded.. God has finally hear my prayers..

“uhm.. I don’t know what to say Myung..” I said honestly.. he look deep into my eyes.. “we don’t have to rush things.. if you don’t love me--” I cut him off..

“I do love you..” I said kinda in panic that he might take back what he said.. he look at me smiling from ear to ear.. “but..” I said and he become serious again..

“what is it?” he ask.. “uhm.. I want to tell you someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter