A mom always knows.

Smile Again

It was another March morning, and spring seem to finally remind to show up to Seoul. Min Ah open up her eyes, it was another Sunday and that meant a quick visit to her mom. Even though her mom was steadily recovering, Dr Park had told Min Ah that the latest surgery had taken a big toll on her mom’s heart, so she had to take care of avoiding any strong emotions and any more stress, so lately Min Ah decided to quit her job at the convenience store so she could go visit her mom in the mornings before going over to the coffee shop; thankfully the only debt she had to take care now was the hospital fees and Sun Hi had agreed to let her come to work two Sundays every month so she could make up for the money that she stop getting when she quit her other job.

A cold breeze welcome Min Ah to the streets but she could slowly see the rays of sunlight being a little bit brighter, for some people it meant a happy love dovey season was starting, for Min Ah it was just another season. She then remember a conversation she heard yesterday at the coffee shop and the memory of this made her chuckle out loud.

------------------flahsback------------------

“Aish all of this lovey dovey stuff is making me sick, is like if with the coming of spring everyone loses half of their brains” Seungri said complaining to Daesung and Sun Hi.

“Aigoo, isn’t our maknae bitter because he got dump a couple of weeks ago” Sun Hi said while pinching Seungri’s cheeks.

“Noona, I didn’t get dumped, I dump her, she just didn’t meet my standards” Seungri said but he could see Daesung holding on his laughs “Yah, hyung why are you siding with noona! You always take noona’s side”

“Sorry Seungri, but Sun Hi is right, that girl was the one that dump you, isn’t it right Min Ah-ah?” Daesung said to the passing Min Ah, which he knew that was ears dropping, he had figure out that Min Ah tend to do this without any ill meaning, so lately he was taking advantage of this.

“Yes, he was… I mean why try to hide it Seungri-sshi, it was right in front of me, I almost go out and grab some popcorn to finish watching the story reach a ” Mina Ah replied in a really sarcastic way, she had heard so many times the maknae complaining that day, the she didn’t even stop to think on how to reply.

“Mwo?? Even Min Ah-ah is making fun of me? What is this? Make the maknae’s day hell?” Seungri said pouting in defeat.

“I totally didn’t see that one coming, I guess our Min Ah is finally getting accustomed to the annoying maknae after all” Sun Hi said while laughing.

“Oh, sorry did I say that out loud?” Min Ah said finally connecting her brain to her tongue and hitting herself mentally “damn you Daesung I thought I was just talking to you”

“Don’t worry Min Ah, he had it coming” Daesung said while giving you a smile.

-----end of flashback-----

“oh well, Seungri-ah had it coming, he had being complaining of his ex for the whole day, I was getting sick of it after all” Min Ah though and smile remembering the smile that Dae gave her.

She finally arrived to the hospital and made her way into her mom’s room. She could see that she was already up and after the usual greetings, she got up to get herself a glass of water.

“Min Ah, tell Omma the truth… are you dating someone?” Min Ah’s mother asked out of the blue after a few moments of silence.

“MWO?” Min Ah said almost chocking with the water she was drinking “Omma, michoso?  Are you feeling unwell? I mean for you to be saying such delusional things”

“Yah! how dare you talk to your mother like that?”

“Joesonghabnida omma, but I mean, why would you ask me something like that completely out of the blue? I mean how in this world could I be dating someone? I only have time for you in my life” Min Ah answer trying to recover from the shock her mother’s words gave to her.

“Is just a feeling I have, lately you have being acting up different but mainly, you smile more…”  her mom said while smiling herself “I have miss so much seeing you smile again, I felt like I was going to leave this world without seeing that kyeopta smile of yours”

“Aigoo, omma, I’m smiling more because you are getting better and stronger everyday” Min Ah said.

“Ani, that’s not it, I know you like the back of my hand Choi Min Ah, something has happen and in a good way. Have you finally met someone new that is making you act like this?”

Min Ah unconsciously smiled at the thought of the only name that came to mind after her mother’s words, Kang Daesung.

“Ani, omma, I mean, remember the job I was telling you about, the one at the coffee shop. Well I am learning a lot of things and the owner trusts me with many things, she has being teaching so much that I feel very grateful that someone is taking my skills into consideration”

“Well, that’s great to hear my sweetheart; I mean you are way too talented to let all that smart brain go to waste. If it wasn’t for your sick omma, you could have done so much with your life”

“Omma, don’t say that, I’m happy that you are with me, I don’t need anything else in life, having you by my side it’s a blessing and a dream come true, so don’t you dare say stupid things, arasso?”

“Again, with the banmal language, I swear I’m going to hit you as soon as I can get out of this bed”

“Hehehehe, mian, mian, is all Dae’s fault; I keep going on and off of banmal these days”

“And who is this Dae-sshi that is making my Min Ah switching her usual ways” Min Ah mom asked while smirking “I knew there was a boy in the picture, a mother always knows”

Min Ah blushed a bit before talking back “Omma, is nothing like that, don’t think stupid stuff please. Daesung-ah is just a friend I met at work, he is one the best friends of my boss and one of the coffee shop regulars, we found we have some things in common, so we end up being friends that’s all, it’s just that recently he kept bugging me to talk more informally with him, so he teases me that I have to turn on and off my banmal switch when I’m at the café”

“Hehehe, I like this Daesung guy, I mean he has made his way deep inside yourself to let your guard down and make you smile, its being a while since I saw that part of you, and I’m grateful that I get to see it again”

“Omma, again with the silly things, it wasn’t Daesung, it’s just me being me”

“Like hell it was, how long have you being shutting yourself in Choi Min Ah? Or do you think just because I’m sick I don’t know my own daughters heart? Who do you take me for? Aigoo, this dumb girl, did I drop her on her head when she was a baby? If I say is thanks to that guy, is because I know you better than you know yourself” Min Ah’s omma said while smacking her daughters hands.

“Omma, aish that hurts, wont you stay still! And what’s with the dropping me on my head when I was a baby? How do you say that to your filial daughter?”

“Then stop acting so stubborn. Is clear that you like this guy, at least you like him enough to smile every time you mention his name, next time bring him with you, and I want to thank him for helping you out”

“Omma, jinjja is not like that, he is my friend that’s it, I don’t have feelings of that kind for him”

“If you say so Min Ah… but still bring him over, I want to meet him”

“Omma, please let’s stop it… I have to get going now; I have to go help out at the café today”

“Arasso, we will talk about this later on, don’t you think you are safe from me” Min Ah’s mom said while smiling and giving her daughter a kiss.

Min Ah made her way out of the room and begin walking out of the hospital.

“Jinjja, what’s with omma? Telling me I like Daesung; I should ask Dr. Park to check her meds, she has never being like that with me before. Please, me liking Dae?, don’t be ridiculous, I just meet the guy a few months ago, and I don’t have any interest in being involve with anyone on that way. I’m just happy to have him around and I promise myself that after that idiot that shall not be name, I wouldn’t fall for a guy again”