Seeing the changes in her

Smile Again

Min Ah kept on going and finally made her way to the café, it was an early Sunday morning but the store was filled up with cheerfulness, but despite all of this, she was distracted by her mom’s words:

“Is clear that you like this guy, at least you like him enough to smile every time you mention his name”

She was shock at this remark, but it was true, whenever Daesung was brought up to the conversation she will smile, but she couldn’t help herself, she was happy to have him in her life.

 At the shop, Sun Hi was already there with Seungri and Jiyong and they where happily chatting away, but it didn’t escape the friend’s eye to see a very smiling Min Ah entering the shop.

“Annyeonghaseyo” Min Ah said while smiling, even directing that smile to Seungri.

“Annyeonghaseyo” the three friends said and watch the figure of Min Ah making her way to the back to change.

“Noona, hyung, was I dreaming or did Min Ah-ah just smile to us when she greets us?”

“Ani, maknae you definitely weren’t dreaming, she did smile to us” Sun Hi said in awe.

“What is so surprising about a person smiling?” Jiyong asked since he wasn’t that close to Min Ah to know what could this be about.

“SHE WAS SMILING” the SunRi pair reply at the same time.

“So?” Jiyong asked getting slightly piss off at their friends reaction.

“Hyung, she NEVER, but I mean NEVER, smiles, not even once I have seeing her smile”

“It’s true, ever since I hired her not once has she smile, even when I was teaching her very complicated drinks, I mean I could see a spark on her eyes, but never a smile. I guess our Daesungie is doing an amazing work” Sun Hi said while giving small claps like an old ahjumma. 

“Wow, Dae indeed is a miracle worker” Seungri said.

“How come?” Jiyong ask, he was starting to get intrigue to what the other two had to say.

“Well, when she began working here, she was really committed to her work, but she will never say a word if it wasn’t work related. I could see her potential, so I started training her to become the shop barista, that way I could take a few days off and only worry about the baking, but even when we were having one on one lessons, she will strictly stick to what she was learning, I swear I didn’t knew a thing regarding her personal life, well not until Daesung catch her attention” Sun Hi started explaining.

“Ne, hyung, I mean I don’t know what kind of sorcery Daesung hyung pull, but he manage to connect with her, they started talking about books and stuff of the sort and heavens knows when they became friends” Seungri added.

“Yes, I mean you know how caring Dae can be, but I was shocked a few weeks ago, when he call me to let me know that Min Ah wasn’t coming to work because they had spend the night out because of a family emergency”

“What? Uri Daesung stayed the night out with her?” Jiyong asked intrigued to which Sun Hi just nodded “I guess this girl is something else, I know by a fact that Daesung hates staying up late, this is very interesting”

“That’s not all Oppa, I mean a few weeks after that I could see her softening up some more, lately she even asked me about the wedding plans Seung Hyun and I have. I was so shocked of the sudden interest that I almost drop the whole cookie plate I was carrying”

“But not only that has happen, I mean she used to hate me to the core and now she even gives me more than “Can I take your order” and she at least stop using my full name to addressed me” Seungri said.

“So all of this it’s because of our Daesungie? This is very interesting indeed” Jiyong said while smirking.

 “What is very interesting?” Daesung asked as he had made his way next to his friends and was taking his seat next to Jiyong.

“Nothing much Daesungie, just listening to how the shop is going, I’m so proud of you donsaeng” Jiyong said completely changing the subject.

“Gomawo Oppa, I keep trying to do my best” Sun Hi replied kind of relieve that Daesung haven’t heard, she knew her friend well enough to know he didn’t like that people talk about things concerning him in that way.

Soon Daesung made his way up after he spotted a known figure getting out of the kitchen.

“God, Daesung at least try to be cool and not so eager” Jiyong said in a low voice making the other two laughed, but then remain silent to try to catch what where the two talking about.

Min Ah could see Daesung approaching the counter and an unknown smile show up at her face.

“Morning Min Ah-ah, what are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be visiting your omma?” Daesung replied while taking a seat on one of the stools, but he was thrown back at the sight of a smile showing up in the face of Min Ah.

“Good morning Daesung-ah” she replied giving him an even more sweet smile “Did you forgot?, I thought I told you last night, today is one of the two Sundays I’m working now each month. Aigoo, are we having mental problems now? I thought I told you to lay off of reading so late at night, is not good if you don’t have a proper rest”.

“Ani, it totally slipped my mind and here I was thinking of calling you out to go see a movie later today. And I am getting enough sleep, aish, ever since I told you I like reading at night you’ve being nagging me to stop doing it so often” he said smiling back.

“Ara, but do take care ne? So let me guess? One macchiato?” Min Ah replied while making her way to the coffee machine.

“You read my mind Min Ah-ah. By the way, how is your mother?” he replied while watching her work.

“I went to see her this morning, she is doing much better, she even…” Min Ah began to respond but at the memory of her mom’s words “is clear that you like this guy” got distracted and dropped the milk jug she was holding, snapping her back to reality.

“Min Ah, gwenchana? Did you get hurt?” Daesung said while practically jumping over the counter and grabbing her hand to check if she didn’t got hurt in any way.

“Ani, gwenchana, mianhae, I don’t know what I was thinking, I’m so sorry, look at the mess I just made” Min Ah while getting a little fluster by the fact that Dae didn’t let go of her hand yet.

“Aish, babo, pay more attention to what you are doing, I will hate to see you get hurt, arasso?” Daesung said while picking up the metal jug and helping her clean up.

On the other side, the three friends where watching the scene without missing one second of the whole Dae-jumping over the counter action.

“God, those two are so attracted to each other that are hurting my eyes” Seungri said while gagging.

“I think you are right, I mean one girl doesn’t easily smile like that to anyone, especially someone like Min Ah-ah. Aigoo this two are so cute, I feel like I just made a match”

“Yes, I mean, I haven’t seen Daesung so attentive to a girl since he liked you donsaeng and that was ages ago. This girl sure is interesting” Jiyong said while taking another sip of his coffee.

“Noona, what do you mean by match? This is all Daesung hyung doing, all this changes Min Ah is going through is thanks to him” Seungri said but immediately receive a smack on the back.

“And who do you think introduce them? Aigoo, they are so cute together” Sun Hi said but got a pinch from Jiyong “Aish oppa that hurts, why you did that?”

“Earth to Sun Hi! Stop fangirling and leave the two of them alone. Let them take their own course and don’t you dare do anything to rush them… I have a good feeling about those two” Jiyong said while looking back to the pair that had just finished cleaning up.

“I am so sorry Daesung; you even help me clean up” Min Ah said feeling completely embarrassed.

“Don’t worry, but you can make it up with that macchiato I am waiting for” he said smiling.

She nodded and started over with the coffee, this time focusing completely on the task at hand; she finish up and added some decorations to the cup and serve it to Dae.

“Look at you getting all fancy with decorations now” Dae said and took a sip of the macchiato.

Min Ah smiled looking at the boy seating in front of her, but deep inside couldn’t help but pounder about the words that had being bugging her all day long.