Chapter 2

Memories of An Angel

With her back against the wall, Ginny sat on the floor of the practice room, remaining an upright position throughout the entire time. She watched the three boys practice their dance routine over and over again. Well, that was what it was supposed to be, but it looked more like an intense dance lesson for the male named Heechul by the duo of the dancing unit called D&E. D&E is derived from the names Donghae and Eunhyuk, the duo is well-known for their chemistry, brotherhood bond and also as the dancers of their group, Super Junior.

 

Time flew by as Ginny watched Heechul playfully dance his routine and constantly getting scolded by Donghae and Eunhyuk. They would scold him for fooling around but he would never fail to retaliate somehow. Before she knew it, two hours have passed. She was only reminded about it when the male named Donghae approached her to have a chat with her. She was surprised by his sudden appearance and close proximity.

 

“Hi.” he said, handing her a bottle of water. Ginny nodded in response and took the bottle from his hand as he sat himself next to her.

 

“Sorry if we interrupted your personal time. But we had to practice because Heechul hyung is really bad at dancing and we had to help him cope.” Donghae apologised.

 

“I see.” Ginny replied. She was never a person, or angel, of many words. Her job did not require that of her.

 

“So… I actually observed you while we practiced. You were in this exact position for two whole hours. How do you do that? Aren’t you tired? Doesn’t your body feel stiff?” Donghae inquired, full of curiosity.

 

Ginny startled at that statement and suddenly felt very self-conscious about her physical movements. She tried to recall the special lessons given to her before stepping over to this universe because she has never been human before, or so she thought.

 

“You… observed me?” she asked, in a flat tone.

 

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it that way. I mean, the last thing I want to do is to make you uncomfortable. I mean, I just happened to realise that you haven’t shifted in your seat… I mean… Okay, I’m really bad at this but please don’t get me wrong. I was just worried that you would be uncomfortable with us being in the same room so I was watching to see if we were bothering you but… you were expressionless and you did not even move so I was fascinated by you.” Donghae explained, chuckling at the end at Ginny’s startled expression. He also for being too uptight and gave her some tips about being herself if she wanted to succeed in the entertainment industry. Apparently, that was Super Junior’s secret to success.

 

Just as Ginny thanked Donghae, a towel flew at their direction and smacked Donghae in his face. Turns out that it was thrown by Heechul as the male shouted from across the room.

 

“Yah yah yah! You’re flirting again. Stop preying on the young ones. This is the third one this week. You ERT!” Heechul shouted. Donghae flustered at Heechul’s statement and tried to explain to Ginny that it was not like that.

 

“I’m sorry. This dongsaeng of mine has a habit of flirting with pretty girls. By the way, I’m Heechul. Nice to meet you.” Heechul joked, holding a hand out to shake Ginny’s hand. When Ginny gave him her hand, he took it and kissed the back of her hand to tease Donghae even more. Donghae complained as he broke off the contact between their hands.

 

As Donghae and Heechul were fighting, Eunhyuk came to introduce himself to Ginny and Donghae caught him. He had to headlock his two hyungs to stop them from even looking at Ginny.

 

“I’m sorry. They are not in the right frame of their minds. And sorry again for bothering you. We’ll be taking our leave now. Goodbye.” Donghae said with a smile and dragged his hyungs out.

 

Ginny’s eyes followed the trio out of the room and found that the trainees, who returned from lunch, were watching her. Some of them showed surprise whereas the others showed disgust.