Goodbye

Sold

Goodbye 

Chapter One

Jongdae had finally returned home after a long day of classes. He felt somewhat free, he'd told his friends he was gay only a few days ago, and had bought his first -magazine, from overseas. He felt a bit proud of himself and wanted to get home to chat with his friends about their days and homework.

His heart sunk into his stomach as he approached his house, seeing his father's car in the drive away already. Jongdae’s father, Mr Kim wasn’t a kind man; he had a large hatred for pro-same marriages and the LGBT community all together. Jongdae didn’t understand why, as his father wasn’t very religious and the last time they’d been inside of a church was his mother’s funeral.

Jongdae reached the front door, his palms were sweaty already and he could hear his heart. Jongdae always tried to avoid his father, at all costs. He unlocked the wooden door and walked inside; he gently closed the door and removed his shoes before walking down the narrow hallway that led into the living room. Jongdae could see his things scattered around the living room’s floor. Jongdae stopped walking and looked down at his things, his heart pounding in his ears as he spotted the magazine he’d only just bought.

He stepped back as his father entered the room and picked the magazine up, Jongdae felt afraid already as he watched his father’s face go from blank to anger.

“What is this, Jongdae?!” Mr Kim yelled, he threw the magazine aside and walked closer to his son. “Are you a ?!” He yelled more, getting even closer to Jongdae, who was frozen in fear. He had opened his mouth to speak but he couldn’t say anything. Mr Kim reached up and slapped Jongdae’s cheek with some force, it shocked Jongdae a little, that his own father had hit him.

“I’ll teach you, you little !” Mr Kim yelled into Jongdae’s face, slapping him again, he pushed him backwards. Mr Kim watched as Jongdae tripped over himself and landed in his back, where Mr Kim started to kick his side. Mr Kim didn’t hit softly, he did so with force, to make sure that Jongdae was in pain.

Mr Kim’s anger was gone, after beating Jongdae into a bloody mess. He looked down at his curled up son and pulled him into his room, by the back of his shirt. He left Jongdae on the floor and threw a blanket over his body, hissing out a few words before slamming the door shut as he left. Jongdae had passed out already, from pain and fear. He curled into the blanket more and his mind was blank.

Jongdae woke up the next day, it was already past midday. He sat up and looked around his empty room, he remembered the events of what happened the night before and his body started to ache. He stood and caught his reflection in the bedroom mirror. He was shocked, he looked different, and his face was puffy and already bruising into an ugly black and purple color. His side pained the most, and so Jongdae lifted his shirt up to see the damage his father had caused. Bruises and dried blood cluttered his body, his father hadn’t stopped kicking and hitting until all of his rage was truly gone and now Jongdae’s body was the masterpiece.

He took a deep breath in before he ventured outside of his room. The lights were off and his father was gone, Jongdae felt relieved. He walked into the living room slowly and sat on the couch; a piece of paper was folded and placed on the coffee table in front of him. Jongdae leaned forward and picked the paper up, unfolding it. He read what was written inside slowly, ‘Jongdae, stay home today’ his father had wrote it. He knew the handwriting well enough to know it was his father’s.

Jongdae did what his father’s note said; he stayed home the entire day. He showered and cleaned the house, hoping that his father would be calm when he returned home.

It was twenty past six in the afternoon when Mr Kim returned from work. Jongdae heard the car pull into the driveway and the opening and closing of the driver’s door. Jongdae took a few deep breaths in as he heard his father enter the house and walk into the living room. He looked up at his father, swallowing back thickly.

“You won’t be living here anymore.” Mr Kim said as he held up a check with a large amount on it. Jongdae stared up at his father before he opened his mouth to say something, he didn’t have a chance to speak, as his father walked over and pushed a cloth to his mouth and nose, Jongdae breathed in the chloroform deeply and fell asleep.

Mr Kim picked his son up and walked back outside and to his car, he placed Jongdae in the backseat before he got into the front and drove away from his house. Mr Kim had sold Jongdae, and for quite the amount too.

It was as long drive, to the other side of the city. Mr Kim was delivering his son to his new home, and to an owner that was well known. Mr Kim was pleased from the amount of money he’d be getting for his son, and to be rid of the boy. He could finally live with his mistress and leave South Korea for good. He’d gotten rid of his wife years before.

The car pulled up in front of the large white-stoned mansion,  Mr Kim jumped out of the car and pulled Jongdae out of the backseat. He carried his son up to the door and rang the doorbell. A man in a black suite answered, he greeted himself as the butler to the household. He took Jongdae away from his father and shut the door once the man had skipped to his car, he could hear Mr Kim say ‘goodbye’ as he left.

The butler carried Jongdae upstairs and into the largest bedroom of them all, he placed the boy on the bed and covered him in the bed sheets. The man let Jongdae sleep in peace; he walked out of the room and turned the lights off on his way out. The butler walked to the next room over, a small office. He knocked on the door before entering, greeting Mr Luhan and Mr Chanyeol with a bow.

“He’s in your bed, Mr Chanyeol. He’s badly beaten and seems to be drugged.” The butler said to the other two men. Mr Chanyeol nodded to the butler; he told him they’d see to him later. He left the room and walked downstairs, to order the cooks to make a meal for the new arrival, for when he woke up.

 


Author's Note
The first chapter, yay. I tried my best to use the same colors and fonts from the foreword, but I'm not that good at making layouts so, I hope it looks okay. There is a bit of violence, but I didn't get too graphic.

떠나자

Epitone
Project