The Boy that's the Miracle of My December

The Boy that's the Miracle of My December

sooo i did a think and re-did a bit of the story so it makes more sense lol and I feel a lot better about it. :3 


 

Dear Diary,

 

    Sitting her in a warm cafe during the late evening, I can do nothing but think of him again. 

Seems as if it's becoming an everyday thing for me.

This boy..definitely taught me some things. 

He taught me how someone should be loved...

He taught me how to love myself..

And he taught me that night and day go hand in hand.

Opposites can attract..

 

    It's now December, so it has been maybe 2 months since I met Kyungsoo that bright fall day. 

And I've never been happier.

It's only a few days until Christmas, this will now maybe be my third or fourth time spending it here in Korea.

Thinking back, in my hometown, I had always been around family and friends during Christmas.

Most of those times were happy. 

Since I've moved here..

I've been alone. 

Doesn't help that Christmas isn't celebrated as big here either. 

So I've never had anyone to share it with.

 

Until now. 

 

Kyungsoo tells me that he wants me to spend Christmas with him and his friends. 

I'm actually looking forward to it.

His eleven friends, I've met before, and they all seemed to have accepted me with open arms. 

They were all almost just like him. They all had this..vibe about them, each and everyone of them bright as day and gentle as the autumn wind. 

Some of them seem dark on the outside, but sweethearts on the inside. 

 

 

"_______!" I heard someone called out to me distracting me from my writing. 

"Oh, Tao." I said once I recognized his face. He waved at me with a smile from the entrance before making his way over. I looked back down at my journal. 

 

He's one of the dark looking ones I was talking about. He has this gaze in his eyes that could kill anyone, or melt a girl's heart. We both took a liking to each other. Automatically understanding each other and all when Kyungsoo took me to his dorm for the first time. Well on a friendship level of course. 

 

I could hear Tao taking the seat across from me with a warm cup of coffee in his hands, noticing the heavy ceramic hit the wooden table. 

 

"Alone again? Where's Dyo?" he asked once he got comfortable.

 

"Oh, I don't know. I haven't seen him today." I answered then started to write my thoughts again. 

 

..Come to think of it, it's odd I haven't even gotten a text from him today.

Also since we met Kyungsoo had developed a habit of texting me with small conversations throughout  the day. Even with a good morning and good night.

No wonder I started writing about him..

I suppose I've been subconsciously missing him..

 

"No text either?!" Tao asked surprised. 

 

"Ya.. what's up with everyone always reading over my shoulder?" I slightly hissed. 

 

Tao just laughed. "What else can I do when once something goes through your mind, you automatically start writing?" 

 

"Merong!" I said and stuck my tongue out at him. "Respect my privacy.” I smiled reflecting his. 

 

 

 

Throughout the rest of the night, all I did was talk with Tao as we both had bottomless cups of coffee. Laughing and talking about what the rest of the boys have been doing since the last time I meet them. 

As Tao went to the bathroom for a moment I decided to catch up my journal. 

 

This was the second time I've talked with him like this.

A never ending conversation, filled with what we had in common and our pet peeves that were fun to talk about. Also of course little facts about the other boys. 

Even getting to know a little bit of our past.

Tao was definitely someone who could become my best friend.

It was even like this when we first met.

Out of all the guys in the dorm, Kyungsoo, Tao and three others were the quiet ones out of the 12.

Tao just immediately interested me first when I noticed he had on headphones, with a type of metal music blasting from them, then a second later, underground rap.

Once catching his piercing glance and starting a conversation, our little first meeting turned us into a very interesting acquaintance.

One that was very easy to talk to.

 

By the time I got home it was almost 3am. And Tao being the wushu gentleman he is, walked me home.

Back at the cafe when I ended up telling him I lived in a sketchy part out town, he wasn't planning on leaving my side..

 

"I hope Kyungsoo usually walks you home.” Tao muttered loud enough for me to hear as we walked towards my apartment door. 

 

"Haha only if I see him at night.” I laughed a little. I didn’t think this part of town was too bad. 

 

“Ya..____" Tao was about to argue before I could cut him off. 

 

"Things are fine, okay? Don’t wor— Oh. What's this?" I said when I noticed something stuck to my front door.

 

Tao came up beside me to read over my shoulder. "It's from Dyo hyung."

 

"My sweet ______,

I have a surprised for you.

Please meet me at the park, where we first met.

I'll be waiting at the bench you sat at, at 8pm.

-Do Kyungsoo"

 

"Holy .." I cursed thinking about how he must feel right now.

It's been hours since 8pm..

I didn't know!

 

"Come on!" Tao shouted with a worried expression and dragged me back towards the road."I'll go with you, let's go check out the park first. If he isn't there he'll probably be back at the dorm."

 

Quickly, Tao and I hailed a cab and headed for the park, I had first laid eyes on Kyungsoo.  

 

I've never felt so horrible.

It may not be my fault exactly but..he must think that I abandoned him.

 

Once we reached the park, my heart was in the pit of my stomach.

I was scared to find him but at the same time I was scared not to find him here..

Either way it could happen the outcome didn’t look good..

 

I ran towards the center of the park where I first met Kyungsoo.

And it was empty..

 

Pain stung my heart. I bit my lip as tears were starting to come forward.

The one thing I never wanted to do was to break that heart shaped smile of his..and I think I just might of..

As I could feel myself slowly started to lose it, I felt Tao put his arm around me. "Shh..____, Don't cry.. Kyungsoo hyung is kind hearted. He will understand.”

 

I just shook my head unable to say anything. 

 

"Please believe me, ____. He's probably back at home."

With Tao's arm still wrapped around me, we headed back to the street to flag down another cab to head to the boys’ dorm.

 

I took out my journal and started writing my feelings for the nth time. 

 

I believe Tao when he says Kyungsoo is kind hearted..

but once wounded..kind people can change..

 

Being too caught up in writing out my feelings, we arrived at the dorm, a lot faster than I thought.. Almost like time stopped..or we teleported or something. 

I don't even remember getting out of the cab or walking up the stairs, but the next thing i know, I'm staring at their front door. 

 

Despite my inner confusion, I looked at Tao silently before he opened the front door and motioned me to walk in coming face to face with something I definitely wasn’t expecting.

 

Looking around the living room, it look like an earthquake at hit the place. It was a total disaster. Delicate plates and cups were broken, books were thrown around and were mostly on the floor, curtains torn down alone with anything that was on the walls. 

The other 10 boys were scrambling around trying to clean up. When they turned towards the door and saw me, they dropped everything. Every single one of them like a deer in headlights. 

One of the boys looked at me and seemed like he was about to explain something to me until I stopped him with my question he didn’t seem ready to answer. 

"Did Kyungsoo do this?" I breathed out looking around at the trashed apartment. 

 

When the same boy, if I remember right is Suho, seem at a loss for words and tired to speak l stopped him. That was a good enough answer for me. "..I'm sorry, it's all my fault...just..just let me talk to him." I said in between sobs I couldn’t hold in. "He's in his room right?" 

 

Suho just nodded once he saw my tears and pointed me down the hall.

 

Walking down the long hall with many doors, there was only one door that was closed. 

It had to be his room. 

I took a deep breath as I was coming closer to it..I hope I could get him to listen to me. To possibly even open the door for me. As I was running through a million ways of how to start this conversation, I felt someones sudden presence behind me. 

 

"____." a tall darker skinned boy came up to me.

Ah. It was Kai. 

I swear I saw him in the living room with the others. I didn't even hear him follow me. I shook off my curiosity and confusion once again.

 

"____, I don't think you should go in..he’s…not very stable." he seemed like he was trying to be careful with what he was trying to say. 

 

"Just please..I have to talk to him. I have to apologize."

 

"He's too dangerous!" he shouted slightly, a little annoyed at my stubbornness. “Please just…ugh just listen to me and trust me—“

 

"Dangerous? What the hell could you be talking about?!” I shouted back. 

 

"____ GET OUT"  I heard Kyungsoo scream from the other side of the door. It was loud enough to shake the walls violently before just a continuous rumble started. 

I could feel my heart just drop that second. This is insane..

He always had such a soft soothing voice..but how could he be this loud? Not to mention a sudden earthquake here??

 

"_____, please.." Kai tried to plead with me trying to pull me away from the door.  

"Kyungsoo please! Let me talk with you! Let me explain!" I shouted through the door pulling way from Kai.

 

"JUST LEAVE!" the walls shook again, but harder. 

What the hell was going on?

Every time he yells the whole place shakes about 100x worse..

Is this..what Kai was talking about?

Once I came to my farfetched conclusion, I decided to not freak out and take a different approach.. Making a scene about this..abnormality..wont make anything better. 

 

"Kyungsoo.." I spoke softly "Please.. I had been out even before I saw the note. I didn't know..”

 

"Just go back to Tao! He knows how to make you smile and laugh!" he shouted causing a rumble almost enough for me to loose my balance if Kai still didn't have a hold on me. 

 

I just stayed calm."And you don’t?" The shaking started to die down a bit. 

 

Kyungsoo must of seen me with Tao after wait for so long..he must be jealous. Silly boy..
Before pressing forward I looked over to Kai and gently moved his hands away from me, mouthing he can leave. 


Kai figuring theres no point in keeping things anymore, showed a small smile and mouthed “Good luck” before he vanished with a puff of black smoke.

 

"Kyungsoo, I just randomly ran into him.” I pressed again gently moving closer to the door, staring at it like I can see him through it. 

 

"Why can't I make you smile like he does?" he asked softly. He must be laying against the door, so I did the same. 

 

"Kyungsoo..I only get nervous around you. Tao doesn't make me nervous because I don't think of him the same way I think of you. I'm only nervous around a guy I like..and it slowly subsides as I become comfortable.. Kyungsoo don't you remember the first month we were together? I didn't talk much. I couldn't look you in the eye and I still can't now! You even told me that I don't have to be so shy, but I said I couldn't help it. I've become less shy since then haven't I? Being shy is the first step to me trusting you, then falling in love with you..”

 

Suddenly the earthquake had come to a complete stop and the door cracked open. "You're..falling in love with me?" I could hear him clearly as well as see one of his large beautiful eyes through the crack.

 

I nodded. "I'm sorry Kyungsoo. I didn't see the letter until I got home.. I immediately rushed over but I had a feeling you weren't going to be there. And since Tao was with me, he helped me look for you the whole time. He was the one that brought me here. I don't exactly know how I got here..or what all is going on but..”

 

Kyungsoo had now stepped out of his room and stood right in front of me. We both stood there just staring into each others eyes causing me to loose my train of thought with the man I’m so deeply in love with giving me such a loving look. 

 

"Please forgive me Kyungsoo..."

 

Suddenly I felt his full lips attach to mine. His hand gently held onto my chin as his soft kiss took my breath away. 

 

I opened my eyes as we pulled away and I could see that small smirk of his. That small smile before his heart shaped one.. then he looked down. 

 

"I'm sorry too..for assuming..and getting jealous.."he said softly while wrapping an arm around me and wiping away my black stained cheeks clean from my eyeliner running. 

 

His soft demeanor had returned and I smiled placing my forehead on his. "I must be a mess.."

 

"Haha if you weren't i don't think i would of forgiven you this easily."

 

"Haha hey.." I snapped playfully hitting him in the chest. 

 

"Who would of thought you'd still look beautiful even after crying.."

 

"Ya.." I laughed a little "You been reading some emo pick up lines somewhere?"

 

"It's true though." he smiled getting caught.

 

Dear God to say I am not lucky to find a man like him I should be called crazy. I decided to not fight the compliment anymore but stand there and blush as I played with his shirt.

 

"So what was this surprise you wrote about?" I suddenly remembered. 

 

"Ah! Hold on." he said stepping into his room for a second, and came out with a beautiful leather 

bound book.

 

"Oh my god..it's beautiful."

 

"Ah, ah, hold on." he said stopping me form grabbing it and opened the book in the middle. All he pages were blank so i was slightly confused...but continued to look into his eyes then back to the empty book.

Then from the pure white pages, roots, then a small green stem started to bloom from the inside of the book. 

My eyes suddenly grew wide as I watched a plant grow in front of my eyes. As it grew it developed it's stem, leaves,...thorns..then the bud bloomed a purple rose. 

 

"It's beautiful, Kyungsoo..did you..?” I tried to put my own words together. The only thing coming to my mind would be calling him some sort of mutant.

 

"That's the other part of the surprise.." he started nervously rubbing the back of his head."I'm not a regular guy..my name is Do Kyungsoo, but there's a second part to it.." 

 

As I started to become confused and start to worry with what he was telling me, I searched in his eyes for his sincerity..and it was there.. he wasn't messing around with me. That kinda scared me more..what could he be then? 

 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo..Earth Prince. One of the twelve Princes of the Tree of Life. And you _____," he said as he picked the rose from the book  and handed it to me "are my princess." 

 

"You're..a prince?" I said dumbfounded..if not a mutant he sounds like a deity! ”..wait..12? Tao and the others too?!" I almost shouted putting the pieces together.

 

He nodded with a smile, "They are probably a part of the reason why you don't remember getting here."

 

"Oh my god.." I said as I grabbed the rose caressing it's vibrant petals. 

 

"_____, will you be my princess?” he asked with his heart shaped smile gracing his features.