✖ Shakufye

✖ s h a d o w s ✖ review shop || NOT ACCEPTING ANYMORE REQUESTS ||

With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear ✖

By Shakufye

 

When I was writing the title I had to recheck it like three times because I thought I wrote it wrong. It had this tiny spark in it and also this weird twerk about it and I like that. It also sounds really poetic too, but I think that’s just me, haha. All in all, I really like your title. Long, but love it.

With your title, I think it looks better if you write it as “With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear” rather than capitalizing every single word.

Once again, I’m reading a fic that I said had a genre that was one of my weaknesses… I said no >.< I’m not against it or anything but I find it hard to handle gah. But I’ve reviewed something like this twice so I will do it again, since you’ve personally requested me. I’m widening my horizons yet again.

So. The review.

I liked your foreword and description. I’ve said this in a few reviews but I’m a really big fan of one-liners used for descriptions/forewords. Yours was okay, but it’s too ordinary for my liking. I see it everywhere. But it’s good to touch on the old ones once in a while so I didn’t mind it too much.

Your foreword was really good. It just feels like it’s lacking something important though. Other than that, I liked how you put your words. Really gives off this dramatic effect for some reason.

Pity was really disgusting – a mere substitute of compassion.

Loved that line, by the way.

 

Slight mistake here. Really tiny though.

“There's no much time left, I'm afraid.” The doctor stated, as a matter of fact.

There’s not much time left, you missed the t.

 

Your structure is fine, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

 

What I reckon you did really well is letting the readers peek into the thoughts of the two characters, Doojoon and Junhyung. I liked how you wrote each respective thought processes differently, it was really well-written.

That one-liner at the end of the first part though… I almost panicked, I thought you ended it there since I’ve been reading too much oneshots. I’m going to say this now, SO MUCH FEELS.

This is the first BEAST fic I’ve read, third , mind you, and it was just… beautiful. I think I’ve overused that word in so many of my reviews but I just can’t find other words to express what I’m feeling.

The flow was good, you evened it out between Junhyung scenes and Doojoon scenes (Yoseob cameo~) but the only thing I’m confused about is the transition from the end of part one to the beginning of part two. What really happened? I thought they were going to record a song but next minute, Doojoon’s crying and saying all these depressing things. Just a slight confusion right there.

I really like it in stories when authors portray the emotions of the characters well. It’s like the flavoring of a dish. If the right things aren’t added together, the food won’t be yummy. There’s another one of my lame analogies. You wrote the emotions really, really well and I know I get really strung up on these things but well-written emotions are what makes me feel that way. Lately, all the stories I’ve been reading (not to mention ones) have really strong emotions, yours being one of them! I’m so proud of you :)

I’ve seen a few plots like these, I’ve written one almost the same myself, but you made it your own and it was nice to read, gentle in a way. The ending just added up to the feeling of softness I was feeling. It’s cute. A nice feeling.

It’s hard for me to imagine Junhyung to be the type of person who would cry out and talk so desperately but it was a new side to read about so it was nice.

There were a few really small, careless typos here and there that you should go back and check over because if I listed them all here, it’ll be no fun to read so make sure to reread and recheck all the time!

 

 

✖ review by theshadowknight_