Auditions Can Cause a Thing Called Trouble

Showdown

Chapter 3:

~

Auditions Can Cause a Thing Called Trouble

~

 

iT was the day of the auditions, but Taeyeon was under confident on how she was going to perform. What if she messed up and upset Tiffany? That would cause into major chaos. Tiffany handed each one of the girls a piece of paper. “Your songs!” Tiffany said as she looked at Sunny and Yoona’s songs. “Uh…Sunny and Yoona, switch songs,” Tiffany instructed. The girls switched papers and stared at each other awkwardly. “Uh…Tiffany? You do know that we have already prepared songs, right? Is this just our second song or something?” Hyoyeon asked, feeling extra nervous today.

         “Silly Hyoyeon! These are your songs you’ll be singing!” Tiffany sounded loud and happy, but the girls groaned in horror.

         “Tiffany, we have already memorized our songs. We can’t memorize these songs in time for the auditions! Have you noticed it’s only three hours away?” Yuri asked, folding her arms, obviously disappointed. Tiffany sighed because she realized that her plan didn’t work, but she was still very satisfied with her decision. “Then try to memorize it within three hours,” she hissed back, and clicked her pink high heels back into her room. All the girls groaned and some of them even tried to wrinkle the paper, upset. “Tiffany-ah, it’s not fair. You’ve probably memorized the songs, but we haven’t. Why couldn’t you give us the songs earlier? Now, it’s too late. I’m giving this back to you,” Taeyeon said in a quiet voice. Tiffany stopped, and turned backwards, staring at Taeyeon as if she had lasers in her eyes. “Taeyeon…you are keeping the song, or you’ll bring shame to your sisters,” Tiffany shot and then slammed the door to her room.

         Taeyeon sighed, and looked at her song entitled: “Pink Dreams”. “Ugh, Tiffany probably wrote these songs herself,” Taeyeon whispered.

         “Nice try, Taeyeon,” Seohyun said quietly and patted Taeyeon on the shoulder, the other girls nodded, too. Enough was enough with Tiffany. “Wait girls…I have an idea,” Yuri exclaimed. The girls gasped, turned to her and formed a huddle to see what her plan would be.

~

“We’re here,” Tiffany said in a low voice. She was already upset with the situation, and upset she didn’t know what Taeyeon was up to yesterday night…but enough about that situation. The guy, Kris, walked out of one of his limos, pulling off his sunglasses in a dramatic way. He looked at the girls in a displeasing way. “Oh! It’s you girls, the Girly Girls…it’s nice to meet you.” He mockingly bowed, and snapped for all of his other friends to mockingly bow with him, too. Kris pulled out a coin –a dime- and turned it around for everyone to see. “Heads, you’ll go first; tails, we’ll go first.” Kris or “The Red-Eyed Contacts Guy” flipped the coin and it fell on tails…of course. He chuckled and motioned for his band mates to go inside the building that was closest to the Hollywood sign, Tiffany insisted here.

         A professional and serious looking man was inside. He wore pretty cool looking glasses, and his suit was a caramel brown color, and he nodded his head as a sign to say “Hi” to the girls. All of the girls were scared of the man, what if they got kicked out and never meet fame or popularity?  “Who…shall go first?” The man said in a steady and slow voice.

         “We shall…grandfather,” Kris said, glaring at the girls, he forced a smile. The girls gasped. Grandfather? Grandfather?! Grandfather! Kris set the girls up! “You girls chose the location, we chose the judge,” Kris smiled slyly and got up onto the stage. The grandfather didn’t look like he was going to choose the boys, though. “Um…we’re going to sing a original song, sir,” a boy said.

         “Xiumin…” Tiffany mumbled angrily. How could’ve she been so foolish? Of course the boys would set a trap on her and her sisters. “Kris wrote it,” another boy added. The grandfather smiled proudly at Kris, and he smiled confidently at himself. “Ugh…Luhan,” Tiffany groaned again.

(The boys are doing vocals first, except for Kris)

“Krisssss~ the most wonderful person in the whole entire world! He…”

(Xiumin –as Tiffany identified- “talks” the next line very quickly)

“Cooks for us, cleans for us,”

(Luhan “talks” the next line very quickly, too)

“Buys for us, leads for us,”

(Kai Repeat the same thing as Luhan)

“Thinks for us, teaches us,

(All –in harmony- except for Kris)

“Did we also say hyung draws like Picasso and Van Gogh?”

(Sehun)

“Hyung does anything the world he can do for us~!”

(Baekhyun)

“Hyung can also BE THE GREATEST LEADER EVER~!”

(Wow, that high note was loud)

(Kris)

“I’m the best person in the wor-“

         “Stop,” the grandfather judge said. Kris looked up, unsatisfied. He looked very worried that his own grandfather might reject him. “Next, please.” Okay. Tiffany breathed in and out. It was finally the moment she had been waiting for. She motioned for the girls to go up stage, and gave them thumbs up, to improve their confidence. Yuri was already extra confident. She smiled slyly.

(Taeyeon)

“Sweet dreams~! But no, no, no, what did I say?”

(All)

“I had a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink, pi-pink dream, the best dream of my sweet dreams!”

(Taeyeon)

“And what did I see, huh?”

(All except Tiffany)

“Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby (2x)”

         “Wait, what?” Tiffany was confused. “You’re not following the script!”

(Jessica)

“My sunshine! Uh, uh, let’s go!”

(Seohyun)

“Neomu neomu meotjyeo nunee nunee bushyeo

soomeul motshigesseo ddeollineun geol

He’s so nice; it makes my eyes dazzle

I can’t breathe because he makes me tremble

(All)

“Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby (2x)”

“Neomu banjjak banjjak noonee booshyeo no no no no

Neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nolla naneun oh oh oh oh oh

Neomu jaritjarit momee Ddeollyeo gee gee gee gee gee

Jeo noon bit (Oh yeah) joeun hyanggi (Oh yeah yeah yeah)

He twinkles brightly; my eyes are dazzled

I’m suddenly shocked!

My trembling body starts tingling

Our eyes meet and his sweet fragrance me in

 Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

         The grandfather judge claps. “Bravo! Encore, encore!” It was short, but the girls were sure that it got his heart. “That was magnificent…” Kris’ grandfather judge said. Kris glared at the girls, and then back at his grandfather judge. “But, the boys were the best one today…” The boys were surprised, and then jumped up into the air, excited. The girls’ faces sadden and Tiffany glared at the girls for not finishing her song. “It’s not because of the performance…it’s just I need my grandson to win so he can have enough money to take care of me…” The grandfather judge said and the girls found out he was sitting on a wheel chair the whole time when he rolled out. His feet were…destroyed. “I’m…er…sorry,” the grandfather judge said as Kris rolled him out of the building. “I’ll be seeing you envy us when the finals are on TV. Bu-bye Girly Girls!”

         “It’s Harmony in Music…” Tiffany mumbled as she sat down on the stage. Everyone had left but the Forever Sisters.

         “Huh?” Yuri asked, confused. “How did you-“ Tiffany held up the piece of paper Yuri had written over on when the girls were planning the “Rebel Attack”, Tiffany called it.

Tiffany cannot do what she wants to us. The lyrics to “Gee” will be taped on your bedroom door ten minutes from now. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, you’re going to help me write. Gee was actually written by Tiffany…but she gave up on it after her parents gave her up to a drug addiction. She was a perfect songwriter/singer but I guess that she’s just in a cranky mood after her parents left her. Well, let’s get going! (Even though we’re named “The Forever Sisters”, we should make up a better name! Let’s think and work, girls! Fighting!

Yuri Kwon, one of your Forever Sisters

Ooh! I got one, let’s be “Harmony in Music”, we’re in Harmony and we’re singing music? I don’t know…but it sounds great…and I thought of it. We should totally name ourselves that!

Yoona Im, one of your Forever Sisters. (I’ll apply makeup on your face if you don’t accept my suggestion!)

  “Er…I guess they’re afraid of my makeup techniques?” Yoona said with a nervous laugh. Tiffany sighed and grabbed a microphone from the stage. “Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby?” Tiffany managed to say and then chuckled at how weird she sounded. “It’s actually a nice song…and we should star writing our own songs, too!” Tiffany exclaimed. The girls gasped in excitement, and then went to hug Tiffany, who supported them, just like a noona would do. “Uh…girls? Can we grab some pajeon or something at Lee Soombok’s place? I’m starving,” Sooyoung said as she hugged the rest of the girls who were hugging Tiffany.

         “Yeah. Let’s go to Lee Soombok’s Palace. They have the best restaurant in town!” Hyoyeon added. The girls giggled and got hailed three taxis. (Mr. Taxi, Mr. Taxi!)

~

         When the boys got home, they all cheered furiously and uncontrollably. All cheered except for Xiumin. Why were the guys so happy about it? Xiumin didn’t know. And why was their only goal was to win the Singing Showdown Competition…again…for the fifth year? It was so annoying to Xiumin. All Kris would talk about was “Hey, your vocals aren’t high enough to win!”

         “It’s not like you can do any better,” Xiumin would mutter.

         “Your dance moves are pathetic.” “All you can do is make your voice crack. That’s sad and disappointing.” “Practice is over because of Chanyeol, whose rapping is horrible!” Xiumin wished Suho was here. Suho would never yell at them like Kris did, if one of them messed up, Suho would explain it to them and tell what they did wrong, and let them practice on it, instead of Kris…who screams and shouts at everyone. Xiumin finally got to the point where he was going to talk some sense into Kris. Xiumin was the oldest of everyone (surprisingly). Kris would never talk back like that to Xiumin, right? “Hey guys, why are you so excited? We’ve won this competition four times already, remember?” Kris glared at Xiumin and then made the boys move so he could come up to Xiumin, face to face. Kris scuffed and snapped for Chen to give him a tablet, an iPad. “Xiumin, let me explain something to you,” Kris said. He scrolled through the screen which then said, “Boyx Won Their First Ever Singing Showdown Competition, Beating Queen Diva-star!” “This? This was the newspaper that made everyone know us. We finally had fame after what? Seven years of training, for some of the members?” Kris scrolled the screen again. “Five-times Straight Winner, Boyx! What Will They Do To Beat Queen Diva-Star’s Five-time Record?” “This newspaper was last year. You know what, Xiumin? You actually won fifteen awards for being in this group! Fifteen! If you don’t appreciate the fame that we have, you don’t deserve it.”

         “Kris, I don’t care about fame. I care about my character, and you were being mean to people today that you never got the chance to know. They were mean back because you were mean. Kris, think before you do something,” Xiumin said harshly.

         “Those girls will steal our fame from us, and we can’t let that happen. Fine, I’ll let you think through this until tomorrow. If you don’t agree, you’re welcome to join the Girly Girls,” Kris commented and then left. Some of the boys exchanged looks nervously. “It’s Harmony in Music, leader,” Luhan added and then stared at Kris as he stared back.

         “You too, Luhan?” Kris said in a mocking voice.

         “Um…” Luhan looked at Xiumin and then looked at the floor. “No, leader. Never mind.”

         “That’s what I thought…” Xiumin didn’t want to get kicked out of the group. Where would he go? But then, he didn’t want to follow Kris’ strict rules, either. It would be…horrible. Xiumin slept on the couch that night instead of sleeping in the dorm with Luhan.

{Want to check out he deleted scenes? If you want to wait, you can, or subscribe and add GirlsGenerationEXO as a friend to exclusively see the deleted scenes! Remember to subscribe, because if you don’t, you won’t get any important information!}

Sorry for such a bad second (2nd) chapter!