Prologue

Showdown

Song(s) of the Day:

EXO-Baby Don't Cry

(Video and hard work credit to: HanabiTomoLyrics)

(Click here for Chinese version)

(Video and hard work credit to: K-Pop Color Coded Lyrics)

And I don't know why but:

Girls' Generation- Baby Maybe

(Video and hard work credit to: Kpopfanzone)

I don't know why I chose this song, but it has a friendship feel in it and not just a romantic one.

I promise that there will not just be SNSD & EXO songs

tAeYeOn climbed the railings on her patio. It wasn't exactly a nice patio. There was only a straw chair that was ripped off a bit, and a glass table that was already cracked. "Careful," Jondae (it's

Chen from EXO, if you don't regonize his birth name) adviced. Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "It would

be better if you haven't chosen a spot as my unsteady railings."

  "Well, it was the only spot...to hide away from our parents," Jondae muttered.

  "Jondae! I was only joking..." Taeyeon felt bad. She easily felt bad. Tae and Jondae had been friends since they were four years old-preschool...without their parents knowing.

Flashback...

  "Kim Taeyeon?" The teacher called.

  "Yes?" Little, cute four-year old Taeyeon called back. The teacher smiled brightly at Taeyeon's adorable, young, squeaky accent. Mrs. Mrs. (yes, that's her name) then looked at her checkboard, double-checking. "You're sitting next to Kim Jondae."

  "Kim Jondae?..." Taeyeon repeated nervously.

  "Yes, Taeyeonnie, Jondae." The teacher kept smiling. Taeyeon slowly walked over to that boy, Jondae, that Taeyeon saw as a threat. It was just weird kids stuff that she was thinking at that time.

"Hello Taeyeonnie, my name is-" The boy started to speak.

 "Ah!" Taeyeon yelled in horror. Huh. Taeyeon had been so pathetic. She screamed before thisJondae could even speak! She wanted to say sorry, but she couldn't. Wouldn't that make her even more stupid? Apologizing to someone after you've done something you didn't mean, Taeyeon thought that was dumb. "It's just Taeyeon..." Four-year old Taeyeon's voice trailed off. "I don't like to be called Taeyeonnie..."

  "Oh...I'm sorry." Gr...Now Taeyeon had to say something. If Jondae said sorry, Taeyeon should say sorry, too. It just wouldn't be fair. "I'm sorry, too." Jondae's head jerked up in a instant. "I'm sorry I didn't have a good introduction of myself to you. I-I just thought that you were...a...threat." There. Taeyeon finished the sentences she managed to gulp down. Jondae stared gently into Taeyeon's brown eyes. Jondae came over and grabbed each a paper and a pencil and handed it down to Taeyeon. "Write," he said. Puh. Write?! Why did Jondae want Taeyeon to write?! Out of any type of verb or action in the while entire world, Jondae wanted Taeyeon to write?! If only Taeyeonnie here was a good writer. Maybe that would make a difference. But she was four-years old, how could she write?! "Jondae...you think I'm crazy?! I'm four, I can't write."

  "No, write music notes. You know how to write them, right?" Sure, Taeyeon did know how to write music notes. It was the first thing she ever wrote in her whole four years of life. Ever. Taeyon loved music and wanted to become a singer when she grew up. It was her dream of becoming a singer. With the right education, and the right teachers, Taeyeon would be able to become a- "Taeyeon...are you going to write?" Jondae asked once again. Enough with Taeyeon's life stories.

  She picked up her sharpened #2 Dixon pencil carefully. It was a new pencil, and Taeyeon liked new pencils-especially new Dixon pencils. It was sharp, like a knife, with the perfect pink eraser that wasn't already used.All the other kids had already socialized with their buddy, unlike Taeyeon. Her hand shook vigoriously, and she was unable to stop it. "Do...re...mi...fa...so...la..." Taeyeon muttered to herself as she was writing. She knew these words- they were her first step of hitting a "mi" high note. It was only the highest high note she could hit- so far at age four. "ti...do," Jondae finished for Taeyeon. "You do know how to write music notes," Jondae then said.

  "Yes, I do. They were the first thing I was able to write."

  "Me, too! I always wanted to be a singer, but...I'm too scared to tell my parents, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me." From that sentence on, Taeyeon had a thing with Jondae. No, not young love. But like...a spark. They sparked because both of them loved music. They sparked because both of them loved music. Taeyeon knew that Jondae was -from then- her best friend for life.

  Taeyeon had figured out that Jondae lived a building away from Taeyeon. They would try to play with each other, but their parents had never let them. Each other their parents thought that the other friend would be influcing the other to be able to sing. Their parents nevered believed that music was a possible career choice. So, they kkept Taeyeon and Jondae as far from each other as possible. Very far. Taeyeon had a temper about it and never talked to her parents again until two months after. With their daughter being so serious about it, Mrs. and Mr. Kim decided that Taeyeon and Jondae could just play with each other for a bit afterschool- for like five minutes. The other Mrs. and Mr. Kim agreed with that too, but five minutes was such a rush. Jondae, at age seven, came up with the idea to sit on the balcony and chat with each other until each other tired enough they couldn't talk anymore. That's where Jondae's idea left them today.

Present

  "It's very high from below, though, Jondae," Taeyeon protested as she looked down on the ground. Cars rummbled and honked at each other at someone accidently passing the red light. Headlights flashed down from the ground and Taeyeon's left leg shook with great fear. "Jondae...it's-" Taeyeon started.

 "Yes, I know, It's seven feet down. I get it. But, Taeyeon. We're finally gone from our parents!" Taeyeon managed to not look onto the ground again with the rushing energy of the cars and the beeps and honks. "Yay," Taeyeon said quietly with no energy at all.

(First song can begin)

 Little by little, Taeyeon got used to the feeling that she was going to fall down onto the sidewalk of Seoul, or getting crushed by one of the cars, and...die, without achieving her dream of being a singer. Jondae and Taeyeon would talk about KPop, and how'd they want to join it so much. They would also talk about the drama of the school day while coming home from school. They'd talk about the upcoming holidays and how they would spend it...not with each other, though (because they can't). They would repeat this scheldule they came up with for years-seven more years, actually. Fourteen years old Taeyeon was, and she was just enjoying it perfectly-until her parents popped up with the news of having another baby.

 "Another baby, umma?" Taeyeon asked, terrified. She knew that her family would not be able to afford everything for the little child. Her little sister, Amina, clung on to Taeyeon's hip, as Taeyeon hugged her sister tightly. "Umma, umma," Amina called. Mrs. Kim would then look at Amina with a scowling face. "I don't want Taeyeon unnie to leave me."

 "We just don't have a choise right now," Mrs. Kim said and picked up Amina. Taeyeon knew what this meant. She would be kicked out of the Kim house hold. Her parents would not be able to afford enough money for three daughters, and with Taeyeon being the oldest, they would send her to an orphanage or something like that. "Taeyeon, go pack up your stuff," Mrs. Kim said strictly. Taeyeon pondered, looking at the ground as she (with shame) go to her bedroom one last time and pack all of her stuff. "Taeyeonnie," her father called after her. Taeyeon jerked her head up, hoping for something positive from her father than from her mother. "Spend as much time saying good-bye to Jondae as you would much possibly like." Her father left her. "I'm sorry I mistreated you with Jondae all these years." Tears fell from Taeyeon's face as she picked up her favorite items and toys to go into her luggage. Gr...If only she had a larger luggage. She would not be able to fit in all of her favorite toys. 

 Saying good-bye to Jondae here would be the hardest. Did Jondae know already? Did the other Mrs. Kim tell Jondae already? That night, Taeyeon climed carefully onto the railings of her patio. She didn't see Jondae, though. "Jondae," Taeyeon softly called. "Jondae." Jondae came out, looking awful. His hair was all messed-up, his eyes were red from possibly tears, and he didn't look as happy as he was from seven years ago. "Taeyeon, I know you're leaving," Jondae managed to say.

  "I'm sorry, Jondae. It's for my parents."

  "For you parents, what Taeyeon? What? What could possibly be the reason why that you're leaving? Oh,  right. Your parents hates me. They hate me so much that they'd move you!"

  "Jondae, that's not the reason," Taeyeon's voice trailed off. But, Jondae didn't hear her. He was too busy trampling on how Taeyeon's parents hated him. Taeyeon wanted to protest and say that his parents hated her too, and they didn't kick him out from the household. "Blah, blah, blah! That's all they would say to me when I would talk! Kim Taeyeon, that is tottaly the reason why your parents hate me. They want to kick you outta the house so that I have no one to talk to!"

  "Jondae."

  "It's no fair, Taeyeon. Really. It's not. I want a reason on why they hate me so much."

  "Jondae..."

  "Nuh-uh. No talking. I'm going to get off of this railing, stomp to your apartment, and argue with your parents." Really? Jondae was managing to do that...for Taeyeon? "Jondae, you're not listening to me!"

  "Oh, Taeyeon. I'm just getting ready."

  "JONDAE!" Taeyeon screamed. Jondae looked at Taeyeon, breathlessly. Jondae turned his head to the left, folded his arms, and waited for an answer. "That's not the reason why my parents kicked me out. They kicked me out because THEY'RE HAVING A BABY AND THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO RAISE ALL THREE OF US!" Taeyeon yelled. She was actually furious at Jondae. He wouldn't listen to her! He just kept blabbing on and on, on how about how he was mad at her parents. And that? That wasn't very nice. But, Taeyeon, being the kind person that she is-forgave Jondae easily, because he was her bestest friend (forever). "I'm sorry Taeyeon," Jondae said& slowly. Taeyeon moved her head sideways, as a sign of forgiveness. She started to pick up her small, blue suitcase and patted Jondae on the shoulder. "Good bye, Jondae." The hugging seemed like forever. It stopped when (Taeyeon's) Mrs. Kim cleared , and folded her arms, waiting impatiently. "Kim Taeyeon, you're going to miss the taxi and the flight if you don't go now," her mother said in a strict voice. Taeyeon batted her eyelashes, dumbfounded. "You're not driving me to the...um...airport?" Taeyeon asked in a nervous voice.

 "Taeyeon, I have duties I need to take care of. A pregnant lady cannot drive someone to the nearest airport." You just found out that you were going to have a baby. Taeyeon thought. "Your father -obviously- had a new job he needs to work hard into. And, well...Amina can't drive yet." Taeyeon was heart-broken by her mother's harsh words. Worst of all, Jondae was there the whole time! "Very well," Taeyeon muttered so quiet so both Jondae and her mother couldn't hear.

 Outside, the yellow and black taxi was waiting for Taeyeon, patiently by the car, and impatiently by the driver. "Hurry up, kid." Taeyeon fumbled. "Okay, okay."

  The drive to the airport wasn't as long as Taeyeon thought it would be-and what her mother told her. Taeyeon wished that she and her mother would've had a better good-bye to each other like Taeyeon hid with her father. Taeyeon's tears fell through her face. She had to face it, she was leaving everyone behind in South Korea-especially Jondae. Taeyeon was going to see someone in America that was somehow related to her. America is expensive to go to, and Taeyeon knew that she was fortunate to go there than some random, unknown country. The airplane shifted into the sky. Up, up, up. "Good bye, Seoul," Taeyeon whispered, turning forward to look in the window. It was filled with nothing but but white, big clouds. She then fell back into her seat. "And hello U.S.A."

 

 Taeyeon had arrived at the American city of Chicago, where she would be staying at her mother's sister's friend's husband's uncle's house. Somehow, these people Taeyeon was going to meet we're related to her. RELATED TO HER! A large mansion arose around Taeyeon when she wheeled her little suitcase to the gate with the letters of "H", "J", and another "H". The coal-black gates had been recently polished, Taeyeon could see, and it looked like the letters were engraved in the gate a while ago.

 Taeyeon blew her hair out of the way. She signed, and walked towards the gate. She knocked silently, waiting patiently for a response from whom she did not know. "Hello?" Taeyeon said in a cracked voice. A monitor shocked Taeyeon. "Hello visitor. You have not been recognized. Please say your first and last name and put your hand on the pad," the monitor said. Taeyeon realized it was those security alarms she learned about while reading books. Most people in America had them, to protect themselves from the danger that could come from any direction. "My name is Kim-uh..." She paused for a moment. They did not put their last name first in America, Taeyeon had learned. "My name is Taeyeon Kim. I-uh...I am supposed to live here from now on. A relative is supposed to take care of me?" Taeyeon carefully placed her hand on the pad. The system scanned it and red emerged from the screen. "You have not been detected. Danger approaching." Red light flashed everywhere, and Taeyeon had sunk down in her coat. "There is a misunderstanding. I am supposed to meet someone here!" This time Taeyeon had fallen to the ground, and she had slowly crawled backwards.

 A blond-haired girl had came out of the golden-painted doors. She was pretty, and she had a short   hair-cut, but looked natural in it. Any boy would like her. She was wearing a highlighter green shirt and a yellow-furred coat over it. She also wore tight, denim jeans. She looked like the impolite kind, though, chewing gum, and walking fashionably in those high heel boots. "Dad! We have a visitor-that was not invited," the girl barked, and glared sharply at Taeyeon who had fallen to the ground, scared. 

 Taeyeon did not know why she had picked such an outfit today. She also did not know that Chicago would be this cold-in the December month. She wore a pink jacket that had been ripped, with her hair tied in ponytails (like what she did in the Beep Beep! Music Video), and a white skirt with pink flats. 

 A strange man walked out, he looked much nicer than his daughter. He simply just stared at Taeyeon, with a confused look on his face. The man was wearing a suit, and he looked very professional and serious. Another girl walked out, she was a redhead. She was also wearing the clothes her sister was wearing in a similar style. She did also look nicer than the blond. "Ah! You're Kim Taeyeon aren't you? I'm sorry, I was supposed to greet you a while ago. Welcome to the Hasiver household. We have a lovely room for you, there are also eight other girls inside. My name is Mr. Hasiver, but just call me Henry," the man greeted.

 "What kinda name is KIM?" The blond girl asked.

 "She's from South Korea, my dear Jennifer, therefore, their last names are their first. Just like when you look at your report card, it says 'Hasiver, Jennifer'." Oh, so that's what her name was. Jennifer. Jennifer twitched. "Then what kinda name is Tayyoung?"

  "Again, Jenny. She's from South Korea, and it's 'Taeyeon'."

 "Whatever," she replied, and spit her gum onto the floor, going into the house. The redhead waited until her father had given her a chore. "Harper, you know I won't give you anymore chores," Mr. Henry said.

 "I-I know. But, Jennifer said I had to listen to you," Harper replied. Mr. Henry chuckled. "Go in, my dear." Harper went inside. Taeyeon stared at Mr. Henry. "Come! It's dark," he said and led Taeyeon inside.

 There was indeed eight more girls inside. Taeyeon looked at them scrub, and clean, and washed, and evacuated the bugs and dust. One by one, each were working. Taeyeon was terrified. Had her mother led her into some kind of trap? These girls looked like they were servants to Mr. Henry! Maybe he was like his daughter after all. "Girls, please line up and meet Taeyeon." Taeyeon walked through the line and looked at everyone deeply. Yes, eight of them, Taeyeon counted. "I am Tiffany Hwang." The girl's voice shocked Taeyeon as she was looking at the short one (It's Sunny!) "I was adopted from San Francisco, on August 1st."

 "My...my name is Seohyun...I'm only the youngest and I was born on June 28th..." Each of the girls introduced themselves to Taeyeon, one by one. They all looked like they have been driven over. Dirt and dust were everywhere on them. On their faces, their arms, their clothes, their hair?! Maybe Taeyeon had fallen into a trap hole.

  "Here." Jennifer tossed an apron and a white t-shirt to Taeyeon. "They're your uniforms."

  "U-uniforms?" Taeyeon stammered.

  "Yes, uniforms. You're cleaning in this house. It's my house. I make the rules and you follow it no matter what," Jennifer replied. Taeyeon sank back. Taeyeon ran into the bathroom and changed quickly. The light orange-haired girl that met Taeyeon earlier approched Taeyeon. She gave Taeyeon a mop and-with her feet- she moved a bucket of water closer to Taeyeon. "You're going to clean around here...a lot." She lowered her voice. "Jennifer forces us to clean around the house here. You have to follow her rules. Even Mr. Hasiver is afraid of her...and he's her own father! There was fourty girls-well maids here. Each of them got slowly sent into the open when they refused to clean. There's only eight of us left, we lived here for our whole lives. But, we get fancy rooms so I don't complain. Here, let me show you around." Jessica...that's what her name, wasn't it? Taeyeon was sure that was her name. Jennifer began to glare at Taeyeon and Jessica's direction. "Jessica! What are you doing?" Jennifer scolded.

  "I'm just showing Taeyeon around. She's new," Jessica replied, shaking.

  "Fine, but you have seven minutes-and that's it. I'm timing you," Jennifer answered. Jessica ran up the stairs, holding Taeyeon's hand.

  The second floor was magical. It had eleven rooms lined up, each with a real golden handle, and the doors were painting glowing white. Jessica slowly reached in her apron pocket for something. Taeyeon could hear something jangle. They were keys. Jessica found the perfect one and unlocked the beautiful door. "Wow." Tayeon couldn't even try to talk. Inside was a beautiful twenty-inch TV, with a white dresser under it. The bedsheet was Taeyeon's favorite color, blue, and it had gigantic pillows so Taeyeon could sleep and not even hear a pin drop. The vanity was so elegant, with rows and endless supplies of makeup, maybe even though Taeyeon rarely used makeup. "Yep. These are our rooms. It's magnificent, isn't it?" Jessica asked.

  "I-I don't know what to say...it's so..."

  "Breath-taking. We may be slaves to Jennifer and all, but our rooms are the best. And we only spend the whole day working for her, so we can spend the night, wide awake, watching TV, trying on the different eyeshadows...although we need to wake up at seven o'clock sharp." Taeyeon didn't know what to say. It was so...you couldn't even imagine how pretty it was.

~

  Taeyeon spent each and every day cleaning and cleaning. But she would enjoy the fact when she could st and go to her room. One day, Jennifer mysterious asked all of the girls to join their singing group, "Golden Hearts". Taeyeon wasn't so sure about Jennifer, but all thr girls joined so Taeyeon guessed she joined. An unpredictable moment happened and Taeyeon knew that she had chosen the wrong choice.

  A/N (Author's Note): Anyunghaseyo fanfictors! This prolouge was getting WAAAY too long, so I put some of the parts in the second chapter. Thanks for subscribing! I am also still looking for someone to make a poster :)