The Adrenaline Rush.

The Princess.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Enjoy the terrible chapter ahead!

“You look like a princess when you sleep.”

Hana’s eyes fluttered open to the sound of her best friend’s voice filling her head.

It took a bit of blinking for her eyes to refocus on her environment but when she did, she realized she wasn’t in school anymore. The room was dimly lit as the sunlight peeking through the frail window curtain was the only source. A familiar blanket covered her body, and the smell of lavender filled the air. As she scanned the room, she took notice of Mieun kneeing of the left side of her.

Hana groaned as she took this chance to rise from the bed.

“What’re you doing?” Hana spoke almost hushed due to the pain groping her body.

It felt as if her guts were intertwined from being kicked a couple of times and then her body just happened to be flown across the room. She tried to focus on her shaky breathing to ignore the state she was in. Sweat trickled down her face the more she tried to avoid her ongoing pain tearing her down bit by bit.

A sigh escaped Mieun’s lips, “Making sure you don’t overwork yourself.”

Her best friend forcibly pushed Hana down back into her laid position.

“The doctor said to rest that body of yours.”

Hana tried to fight back against Mieun’s force, “I’m fine!”

“No the hell you’re not!”

“How would you know?” Hana grumbled underneath her breath, giving up on sitting up.

Hana avoided her best friend’s concerned eyes and instead focused on a picture of her parents that laid across her room on top of a self. Dust was beginning to pick up on the frame, but the smiles on their faces overpowered the dirt. Both of her parents were behind a little Hana, all of them huddle up to fit the tiny picture.

Her father had tousled hair that resembled the soothing color of warm honey. He was attired in a simple black and white suit he proudly wore to show off his wealth. A dimple kissed his cheek and had blue eyes that would have resembled beautiful oceans, but to Hana; they looked dull.

Hana’s mother was a beauty that enchanted everyone with her presence. She had full lips that sported a bright, deep red, and Hana always remembered the marks she left on her own cheek as she kissed her goodbye. A mole was right next to her brown eyes that could almost see through anything. A pale, white dress covered her body as it flown out in the direction of the wind.

“Hana!”

The said girl broke from her trance to look back at her friend with a deep stare.

Mieun ignored her stare with a shake of her head, “I thought you were going to pass out again!”

“I told you I was completely fine.”

“This isn’t time for any games Hana!” Mieun paused, trying to find a reaction from Hana, “You scared the hell out of us earlier!”

Guilt swarmed Hana’s body a she bit her lip with her head low, defeated by her best friend’s words.

A heavy sigh broke out of Mieun before she recalled past memories, “We were all just eating, when all of a sudden, it looks like you saw a ghost, and before we all knew it, you just passed out!”

Mieun didn’t mean to yell at Hana, but her emotions over took herself.

“Sorry Mieun, I just thought that I saw-”

Hana cut her words off, realizing how crazy she would’ve sounded if she spoke about the boys being cladded in crazy looking robes one second, then the next, back to their normal selves.

“Saw what?” Mieun questioned, confused by the stopped speech.

Hana shook her head continuously, trying to rid of the topic.

“Nothing! I thought I saw my sketchbook.”

“Your sketchbook…” Mieun’s voice wandered off in thought.

Suddenly, the same book was on the lap of Hana.

“Sehun said he found it in the classroom he was cleaning.”

Relief washed over Hana’s face staring into the one thing she held dearly in all her years of living. A smile appeared on her face as she brought the book closer to her, silently thanking her saviour.

A sudden knock echoed throughout the room with a creak of the door soon after.

“Miss Nam, if you may, I think it’s time for Hana to rest herself.”

At the door stood Smith, a family butler that has been in Hana’s entire life. The most iconic thing that Hana loved about his appearance were his glasses. They were circle lenses that never ceased to amaze her. She’s always loved them.

“Oh right, sorry,” Mieun apologized, packing up her stuff.

“I’ll see you later, babe.”

Hana watched her best friend’s back retreat from her room with a wave of her hand.

Mieun stopped at the doorway, turning her head to meet Hana’s eyes, “Don’t forget to tell everyone else you’re okay. They were worried about you too.”

A sudden click of the door and the girl was once again filled with loneliness.

 

-

 

The pain slowly subsided from the girl’s body after Mieun’s leave. Her body was stiffened from all the sleep she had, and she knew she had to get up and stretch. She pulled her blankets and sheets off of herself before taking a step on the floor. Once her feet met the ground, she was met with a cold touch cause her to shiver for a split second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter