The Simple Mistake.

The Princess.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*ENJOY THE TERRIBLE CHAPTER AHEAD!

Squeak after squeak, the mechanical pencil that laid in Hana’s hand wrote in scribbles of equations, covering her entire paper.

She read each problem thoroughly, not missing a single variable and yet, she still couldn’t figure out the solutions.  A quiet, yet annoyed groan escaped her lips as she patiently waited for the class to end. The paper in front of her mocked her existence with algebraic expressions she dared not to attempt. The pencil that was once in her hand, slammed down on top of her desk earning some stares from her classmates.

Hana took this opportunity to glance around the room. She noticed some of her classmates chose to ignore the assignment due the next day and instead they gossiped about the latest news. Others, on the other hand, who were known for their smarts, diligently took their time to come up with accurate and probably correct answers. Hana could still hear the quiet ticking of the clock as it teased, slowly but surely, making its way towards the end of class. It hanged in the middle of the room as if it was watching over the students. She was too caught up in her own world to realize that a figure happened to appear next to her desk. 

“You looked like you needed a break.”

Hana looked over to meet a relief of sigh that escaped her lips. There stood her best friend, who she was grateful for interrupting her work time.

“Mieun, you know me oh so well,” she spoke gesturing for Mieun to sit in the unoccupied desk in front of her. 

Mieun tsked at her friend, "You should be happy for what I'm about to do."

A sly smirk appeared on the best friend as she brought out her own completed worksheet. Hana’s eyes lit up in grattitude as she eyed the paper from head to toe. Mieun flung the piece back and forth tauntingly with a mocking hum of her enjoyment. Hana instantly clasped her hands together, placing them ahead of her face in a pleading manner.

“I hope you understand I love you, and I’m totally not using you.”

Mieun rolled her eyes at Hana whilst handing the paper over, “Just take the damn paper.”

Before Hana could snatch the paper from her hands, Mieun pulled the worksheet away from her prying hands. 

“But, you have to let me see your sketchbook.” Mieun ordered, eying the book that was peeking from her bag.

Hana instantly nodded her head in agreement, “Take it away!”

The two girls had been together since the years of Junior High, and it was to their utmost surprise. Both of them hadn't thought of being more than people who simply glanced at each other in the hallways. Just people who knew of each other's existence, but didn't bother to communicate with other another. Instead, Mieun’s friendliness spread like wildfire and before they knew it, they had been inseparable ever since. All it took was a simple compliment.

Mieun observed the girl known as Hana, who at the moment, was sketching a picture of a tree that almost looked to good to be true. The fluidity of her hand's movements flew with the branches of the tree as they glided out into many points. Despite the picture being deprived of color, it was as if Mieun could see the colors appear on the paper as Hana continued her shocking talent. She hadn’t really thought much about the girl, but the image Hana was constructing, captivated her.

Hana was a hushed, reserved girl who kept to herself and rarely ever spoke, unless spoke to. It was not that she was meek or anti-social, she just preferred to stay in her own bubble. Hana could feel the stare emitting from a certain direction, but couldn’t quite place who exactly it was. Still, she didn’t really mind the curiosity.

“Hana, right?”

The said girl looked up from her sketch book to meet the eyes of her looker. She recognized her as the girl everyone referred to as ‘popular’. The girl who smiled at everyone. Hana took a second to look behind herself to check is she was actually talking to her. 

“Oh my god, did I seriously mess up your name?” Mieun’s voice wavered in worry with an agape mouth. 

“No, no! My name is definitely Hana.”

Mieun’s hand made its way towards her chest as laughter built up inside due to her stupid mistake. Hana watched this girl warily, twirling her pencil around her fingertips. This was normal for Hana; she didn't really know how to take people's attitude in conversation. 

“Anyways, I wanted to ask what made you think of drawing a tree?” Mieun smiled at the girl, completely intrigued by the compelling illustration. 

Hana eyed her drawing cautiously before responding with her words, “Things like this just happen to pop up in my mind, and I just happen to draw it.”

Awe escaped from Mieun, “It’s pretty.”

“Thanks.”

The sound of the ringing bell broke Hana from her duplicating process. She had managed to copy most of the work from Mieun’s paper, but there was some q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter