17. Hired Producer (고용 프로듀서)

their deal & our sweet revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a weekend, Kai was discharged from the hospital and all his five friends went to fetch him together. Kai dreaded going home knowing that his appa is living there. The hospital refuse to extend his stay there as Mr Kim have ordered them not to do so even if Kai is willing to pay for the extra expenses to continue his stay.

The boys reached Kai’s apartment and unlock the door. Oh Sehun was the first to walk in the door but he stopped in track when he saw someone very unfamiliar sitting in the living room, watching the television making himself comfortable as if that’s his house.

Chanyeol who was next in line bump into Sehun’s back. He was busy carrying the fried chicken and didn’t even realise that the boy before him stopped walking. He gave him a soft nudge but Sehun still didn’t budge.

“Yah yah maknae, stop daydreaming and move yo- Ahjusshi, nugusaeyo?”
 
Chanyeol’s loud and booming voice caught the attention of the man in the living room. He took his fedora hat which was previously on the coffee table and placed in on his head. The slim man with shoulder length frizzy hair approached the 6 boys to introduce himself.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Kim hired me as your composer for the music video. I am Jang Hyun Teuk”

“Mr Kim? Kai’s appa? How did he know that we needed a composer? Isanghae…”

“Ne, I hired a composer for you boys. Bora contacted me the other day and said that you needed help with the lyrics for a competition.”

“Oh really? Thank you and sorry for troubling you Mr Kim.”

Suho nod slightly after thanking the man who Kai refuse to call appa. They set the dining table for lunch and invited their newly appointed composer to join in. Mr Kim has an appointment with a client and had to skip lunch with them. Kai was having mixed feelings. He is quite glad that they have a composer to help out but at the same time, being the egoistic person he is, he doesn’t want to feel in debt to the man he swore to hate for life.

“I’m running late, Jongin-ah I’ll see you for dinner. We need to talk.”

After Mr Kim closed the main door of the apartment, there was an awkward silence for a brief moment. The boys wanted to comment on what Mr Kim had just said but they couldn’t since there is an outsider with them right at that moment. Suho as the guardian of the group started to lighten the mood by cracking some lame jokes. Soon, the atmosphere started to get normal with their usual teasing and insulting to each other.

By being the guardian also means that he has to clear the tables after meals. Lucky for him, Kyungsoo never fails to give a helping hand and offered to wash the dishes. The rest of them, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun headed straight for the television. Besides than them, even the composer is sitting there watching the television which was airing a sitcom. In fact, he was the first one to be there after the meal.

The composer is being way to comfortable as a guest. He legs are propped up on the table and he took quite some place that leaves the other four being cramped in the 4 seater sofa.  Sehun is clearly showing his displeasure by glancing at the other boys when the composer started to hit his back a few times when he finds a part of the show hilarious. Even his laughter is annoying.

He rested his arms on Sehun’s shoulder and that is the boy’s last straw. He gave Kai an eye-contact and told him to chase the man out from his apartment. It was slightly funny to see Sehun’s reaction every now and then and therefore Kai continue watching the show silently. However when he saw Sehun’s pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter