III – LOVESICK/MISSING YOU

(LOVESICK) FOR ME... WOULD YOU?

There has never been a longer January in the history of Januarys. It was… such a sad first month of the year.

 

I tried distracting my mind from the unavoidable thoughts of you – but they trapped me every time.

 

You barely showed up in the social networks. You wouldn’t answer my text messages and your number was never reachable. I missed you, but I couldn’t tell you directly without looking desperate. I decided to let it go for a while. I’d wait and see if the waiting was worth it.

 

 

+

 

 

Idiot.

 

I’m such an idiot. I shouldn’t have got my hopes up – I shouldn’t have got into your charm. I was starting to feel really miserable. I should just let it go for real. You didn’t even know about my feelings, so what was the point? There wasn’t a special good reason for your comeback. You could find another better town to study anyways and just leave me here.

 

Beginning of February. How I wish I was okay. I wasn’t – you wrecked my heart. It was probably not even your fault – or was it? Argh!! Yes, it was!! I wouldn’t be like this if it weren’t for you and your goddamn beautiful features! The smoothness of your hair, the sweetness of your voice, the innocence inside your eyes – every single thing. Every single thing made me cry. Damn it. I just… Sigh.

 

I couldn’t listen to another love song. I was sick. I was lovesick.

 

 

 

+

 

 

 

One afternoon. Adding to the sensation of my misery, it was raining outside. Rain is sad when someone needs it to be sad. It was the perfect time for it to be.

 

I watched the water drops on my window. It matched my face. My tears.

 

I felt suffocated inside my room. I wanted to feel the freaking droplets on my skin. I wanted the rain to wash away my pain. I ran outside my house, unlocking the necessary doors in the way. Reaching the front gate, I was already getting wet by the raindrops – my hair sticking to my face, the wind blowing on my skin.

 

 

I closed my eyes.

 

I yelled.

 

 

“IDIOT!”

 

My body was shaking – I would definitely get a cold from that, but did I give a damn about it? I did not. I was so frustrated.

 

I yelled the same thing again and my knees began to give in.

 

I prepared myself to fall to the dirty, wet ground, but the contact never came. I felt something else instead – and heard another unexpected thing as well.

 

 

“Who’s idiot? Me?”

 

 

It couldn’t be… It couldn’t possibly be…

 

 

“I’m sorry, I wanted it to be a surprise…”

 

 

I felt an arm wrapping around me, bringing me closer to a warm body, under a big umbrella. Was I daydreaming again?

 

I lifted my head, but my heart had already told me what it was all about.

 

Your eyes met mine, desperate, hopeless ones. Actually, not hopeless anymore.

 

You smiled. I wanted to kick you – at the same time I wanted to kiss you.

 

The next sentence you spoke made me freeze, even more than the rain could have done.

 

 

“I read your letter – the one you wrote the day I was leaving.”

 

 

I gasped. I was speechless. H-How? I looked down, what was I to do? I wanted to run away. I didn’t want to hear the end of it. My heart couldn’t take it if… if…

 

 

“Hyoyeon, look at me,” She cupped my cheek, making me turn my head towards her face. “… I saw the letter in your trash bin the day we last saw each other, last year. I don’t know why I picked it up. Intuitively, I just did. I’m sorry I took so long to realize it. But…”

 

 

I tried to look away, tears again in my eyes, but she kept my face in place.

 

 

“Aish!, let me finish. It’s rude not to look when I’m speaking.”

 

 

I mumbled “I’m sorry” but she barely heard it.

 

 

Don’t you see?” She asked, out of nowhere. As soon as I looked into her eyes, she spoke the final sentence:

 

 

“…I love you too, Hyo. And I said I’d be back by the time you were sick of me.” She smiled, again.

 

 

I tried to say, “Fany-ah, I’d never get sick of—“

 

 

“…you are lovesick. That also counts.” There goes that smile again.

 

 

And then, Tiffany, the cause of my sickness, kissed away the pain that had settled in my heart and ended my suffering, only to start a new whirlwind of feelings – this time, we both shared the same addicting feeling of being in love.

 

---------------

The END!

Hoped you enjoyed it :) and thanks for reading!