Pleasant Surprise

By My Side Forevermore

Hey, I'm Leonel Digal and a weird, sort of crazy thing happened to me today. And here's a recollection of the events that lead to that fateful meeting.

--------

I slowly opened up my pays and looked at the clock. What? 4 P.M. already?  I must have slept throught the entire lecture. I guess that's what I get for playing video games so late at night. I hope the professor didn't notice me sleeping.

"Mr. Digal, good morning. Was your sleep satisfying?" A voice echoed through the lecture hall. However, it was too embarassing to reply to the jest of my professor as my classmates were already laughing their off.

"As punishment for your blatant act of disrespect," The professor continued, "I shall ask you a question."

"Bring it on, Sir." was all I managed to reply with a smirk.

"Very well. I will bring it on, Mr. Digal." The professor coyly smiled. "Are companies safe with regards to aggressive overexpansion and their built-in safeguards?"

This was an easy question. As you can see, I am an econ major and I love it. To the question, I reply, "No, they aren't safe at all. Even if there are built-in safeguards, there aren't any for human nature. As humans were wired to over-reach and history can tell us that. As a result, stocks would completely devalue in around 2 years."

"Very good Mr. Digal. As expected of my best student, I see that the sleep has benefited you well. Okay, class dismissed. you may all go now."

I hurriedly packed my bag and went home as I badly needed to get some rest. This day has been brutal to my body due to fatigue and lack of rest. As soon as I arrived home, I quickly went to my room and laid on my bed. It didn't matter if I didn't take my clothes off, all I care about now is some shut eye. 

The following morning:

"Oppa, oppa" I heard a voice coming through my ears. Why an I hearing korean?

"Oppa, can you hear me?" The voice grew louder.

"What oppa? I'm no Korean. God, sis, if you're playing korean dramas on my laptop again, I swear I'll tickle you to death!" I shouted in annoyance and snuggled my face into my pillow more.

"Hey you lazy bum! Get up and listen to me!" I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful girl above me.

"Oh my God! What the? How the? But.." Those were the words that I managed to stutter

"No need to panic. Hi oppa, I'm Krystal. What's your name?" She said in total laughter.

------

A/N:

I know I haven't updated this story in months an I'm apologize for that. College really drains the motivation out of you. I hope you like what I've written here and I do hope it made up for the months of inactivity.

Also, I hope you people don't mind if I used a foreign name for the leading male. I felt that it's kinda boring if we use korean names all the time right? I feel that, through this, the story can reach out to a much broader international audience. Anyway, if you feel that this shouldn't be. Please comment, and I'll happily change it for my readers.

If you notice the question part, I got that from the movie, limitless. That line really appealed to the econ major in me so I just had to put it in this fic. Haha

I do appreciate comments, more so criticisms. So, write them on the comment box below. Much thanks to all!