The Time I Know You...

Definition of [Enternal : Memories]

 

Oh I see . . . so that’s why he’s tearing up. She’s his daughter. But I have never encountered this before. There were no symptoms of anything and now it has been detected that she’s already at stage 4. But at least God is fair, and that she was able to live her life peacefully and not be bothered by this sickness for the past 24 years. “She’s even only a year older than me” I said, continuing to read the file while walking to her room. But I’m sure she will show some symptoms soon.

I entered the elevator and pressed the number six to make my way to the 6th floor. I continued to read the file waiting for the door to open, since I am the only one that was inside the elevator.

*Ding Dong* I heard the bell of the elevator go off as the door opened.

I exited the elevator and headed to the left hall. I scanned the door as I walked passed them looking for room 622. “Found it” I said as I prepared the documents I needed for the check up. After the documents were ready, I put my hand on the door knob but hesitated to turn the knob. I don’t know what happened, but suddenly my body froze and I had this bad feeling struck my heart, causing my body to lose its power to move.

I shook my head and proceeded to open the door. There, I saw a beautiful figure I always adored laying down weakly facing the window. Even though I only saw her back, I can still recognize her well. Usually, every night I would look forward to meet her, but this time my fears are coming back to haunt me. My heart feels like it was being pierced with daggers all over the place causing my heart to crunch into an abstract form.

I hold my tears back and hide my frown. I don’t want her to see me like this. I have to cheer her up. I approach the girl and called her name. “Morning Jessica-shii” I said with the warmest tone that I can produce. She turned her body towards me, forming a shocked expression. “You” she said getting up and sitting on the bed.” From today on, I’ll be the one who’s going to check you regularly.” I said and smiled widely, but actually I’m ready to burst into tears anytime.

She gave me her hands and look at me. “What are you doing? Let’s start” she said coldly. I take her hand and measure her blood pressure. I took a thermometer and asked her to put it between her armpits herself while I wrote her blood pressure on the paper. *pip pip pip* I heard the thermometer and read the result. “Blood pressure okay, temperature’s fine too... Umm can I?” I asked her to lift her clothes. She blushed madly and lifted her clothes a little. “Lay down” I said “Eh?” She said. Wait. Did I just say that in a erted tone, no right?

She laid down still holding her clothes meaning she only gave me that much. I lift it a little and put my hand inside her hospital shirt and put my stethoscope on her chest checking her heartbeat. Okay it’s beating too much, I cannot write this, cause I know the reason, me? No no no Sooyoung, don’t get too confident with yourself.

I continued with the check up. This time it was with her breathing. I put my stethoscope just below her chest and asked her to inhale deeply. Each time we make skin contact. I saw that her face flushed and her cheeks kept getting redder and redder. “Everything is fine” I said as I took notes. She sat back up and tended to her clothes.

I looked at her and she looked back. We stared at each other for about 30 seconds. “Do you feel anything wrong? Like a headache or stuff like that?” I asked her and she just shook her head as a no. “Oh yes, I almost forgot to introduce myself, I’m Choi Sooyoung” I said offering her a handshake. Instead of accepting it she just frowned and looked down. “Sorry . . .” she said. I was confused so I asked her back. “For what?” I asked while taking my hand back.

She held her hands together and moved it nervously. “I don’t want our introduction ending up like this, and I don’t want you to know about it…” she said as her tears starts to shred. “Why I’m fine with it” I said with a smile. What! I’m not okay with it, why I have to meet you now... Why not years ago so I can spend more time with you?”I said inside my heart. But I have to be strong for her.

I sat down on the bed to make her comfortable and faced her. “Really? What if I forget your name?” she asked “Then I’ll just reintroduce myself” I said with a smile. “What if I forgot our happy moments?” she asked getting tearier as each word escaped .  Thank you God that you are keeping me strong enough to hold in my tears in. “Hmmm . . . then we just have to make new ones” I said widening my smile. “You are Stupid! What if I forgot my feelings towards you!” she shouted and soon broke into tears completely. “Eh?” I let out a sound. I was confused. Wait does that mean she just confessed? I misheard right? “I don’t like you!” she shouted at me again pushing me into the world of confusion deeper and deeper. “Why?” I asked stupidly. “I said it! I don’t like you! Because I love you Choi Sooyoung!” she said looking straight into my eyes.

I stood up from the bed and faced my back towards her. “I see . . . that means I hate you so much, because I love you so much . . . since we first met.  You grabbed my heart and made me fall more and more in love with you” I said as I turned around and looked into her deep brown eyes with a soft gaze. I lay my hands on her cheek and caress it gently. “I love you Jung Jessica, would you be my girl?” I asked her and she nodded as an answer and let out cute sob.

I wiped her tears and she smiled at me. I turned around again ready to leave. “Oh yes” I said startling her a little “About your last question, if you forget your feelings... I will just make you fall in love with me all over again” I said as I leaned in closer to her just to pat her head while she closed her eyes, expecting a kiss.

“Hey!”she shouted. “Oh you wanted kiss?” I tease as I pout. ”You just pat me?? I’m older than you!!” she said with angry tone. “Woah! You know my age? Are you stalker?” I asked playfully “Don’t test my patience Choi Sooyoung!” she said “You just look younger than me” she said with a cute shy voice. “Well bingo!! I’m 23 and you’re 24 right ... Oh don’t think of something weird, I just saw it from one of files” I said as I held up the file playfully in front of her.” I better leave then … see you tonight ... I’ll come to pick you up ...” I said as I poke her nose and leave.

As I exited the door and closed it, the tears I’ve been holding in up until now began to fall from my eyes and slide down my cheeks. I headed straight to my office, making sure that no one sees me like this. I don’t want anyone to see me now in this state.

I reached the door and entered the room and closed it. I rest my back against the door and slowly fall to the floor starting to cry all my heart out. Why? I have finally found the one person that can complete my incomplete heart… and now you will take her away from me soon.. I know that there is nothing I can do… surgery will just harm her even more.

*knock knock*

I heard someone knocking on the door and quickly wiped my tears. I was shocked to saw Dr. Jung standing in front of me when I opened the door. “Ah, Dr. Jung … come in” I said “Are you crying Dr. Choi.” he asked me. I just covered my face and proceeded into the room. I pulled a chair for him to sit down. “Ah thank you …” he said. I walked to the chair in front of him and sat there. “You met my daughter?” he asked “Yes...” I simply answered. “I see … take care of her okay ...” he said “Of course sir...” I said He took out his cigarette and light one up. Well this is doctor office so actually is okay to smoke here even though I don’t smoke. “I thought you stopped sir...” I said to him. “Well sometimes I need it...” he said

I rolled my eyes and thought that maybe should I tell him about me and his daughter. “Um sir...” I managed to say. He looked at me “Yes?” he asked “Actually... I’m in love with your daughter sir… right now I’m dating her...I just asked her out today sir…” I said a little bit afraid of his reaction. He looked at me with a shocked look and laugh “Hahahahahaha... so you’re that cute doctor my daughter has been talking about... I see...” he said “You’re not mad sir?” I asked him “Of course not...” he said putting out his cigarette using the ashtray.

“Thank you... and take care of her okay”he said taping my shoulder and then standing up to leaving the room “I don’t know what to do sir!” I shouted stopping him from exited the room. “I don’t know what to do sir... I know that surgery will only hurt her… I know that in this stage there is nothing we can do… any treatment will only hurt her… But I don’t want to lose hope... I… I...” I said crying all my heart out in front of him” I also know that Dr. Choi... Just make her last moments of life beautiful. Give her your love… make great memories with her… We don’t know when God will take her from us… Just don’t give up your love for her...” he said and leaves the room “Yes sir...” I replied softly.

 

==================================================================================

Author Notes

Here is chapter2 guys. I’m so sorry... logically there are no hopes to heal Jessica since the cancer already spread all of her brains, treatment will only harm her. But God are fair enough... she doesn’t feel pain all this long… but yes, suddenly she already at the last stage of the cancer. Don’t mad at me..TT_TT

Well does this sound umm they are giving up? Well It does sound so… but actually, it’s the best you know right chemotherapy and other treatment are painful and this is brain... hiks…

Okay… this is dedicated for my friend who died 5 years ago cause of brain tumor… so yes…

Last! Thank you for reading the story Keep commenting and Subscribe hehe..

Credit for ForeverNine9 who edited this for me... Love you dongsaeng ^3^