Final

Wheel Of Confession

 

what luck;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                                                           -You know they say the ferris wheel is supposed to bring good fortune.
-❝This isn't a gameshow you dimwit, shut up.

"You're doing it all wrong." The curt, disinterested remark made her cheek twitch. Her body was screaming for her to pivot just to face the boy and send the dart flying towards his eyes. God! How annoying does he have to be? Must he dampen any good mood she's in even for a jiffy? Her eyes stayed focus on the balloons attached to the board; swaying at the slight breeze that came about, tresses of her wavy auburn hair draping over her features only to distract her. With a sigh of frustration, she dragged the strands away from her face, locking it behind her ear. Aiming the dart in her hand, she estimated the distance and amount of strength she had to exert to attain her momentary goal, only to shrug and throw it carelessly, hoping that she'd win something by fluke. 

Her prayers were answered much to her surprise, it did hit a balloon, but instead of sticking to the board, it bounced off the stretchy material landing somewhere on the ground. Albeit that didn't stop Tiffany's shrill scream of delight as the contact had the balloon popping; revealing a purple tag that had '60p' scribbled on it. With rattling fists held close to her, she bounced on the spot happily as she basked in her golden moment of glory. This was sure to secure a spot in today's journal entry later on when she gets home. However, with every golden moment came the damper as the sound of hands clapping slowly brought her out of her reverie.

"Wow, you managed to score yourself some points. Bravo, brava." Oh how she wanted to punch him in the face. That face that showed no emotion to anything what so ever when it concerned her. What did she do to deserve this kind of treatment? She didn't know. No one did.

"Why I outta--" She snarled menacingly, pushing the sleeves of her coat up her arms, stomping her way towards him only to be pulled back by her best friends; Kibum and Amber. Each of them had  a firm hold on her arm, anchoring her back to the spot as she huffed like a wild bull chasing after the sliver of red that caught it's eye. Kris however, stood there with hands stuffed in his pockets; his languid demeanour ticked her in so many ways. He looked away before his gaze landed on her, one corner of his lips tugged into a lazy smirk as he watched her. Pulling a hand out of its confines, he ran it through his bleached locks before mussing it up ily. Tiffany almost gagged for thinking that. 

"Hurry up and collect your prize. This is boring me." He quipped before turning on his heels, taking effortless strides away from the trio. Her blood was boiling to the point she was trembling with anger. Her friends did their best to chip in some comforting remarks to calm her down as they ushered her over to the stall, picking out something that would fancy the distressed girl.

It was supposed to be a great day today. The skies were of the most vivid colour of blue anyone's ever seen, the softest looking Columbus clouds painted across the widespread of the atmosphere. Not a droplet of rain they had said today. The cool breeze added to the perfect environment to go out and have fun with friends they said. Perfect day to go to an amusement park, they said. Smiles that made your cheeks cramp from curving upwards so often, laughter that brought tears and humiliation towards them in the eyes of the public they guaranteed. 

Who in their right minds would decline such an offer? Tiffany leapt at the request before the question was even popped a day prior to this. With a beret resting neatly on her head, and a black dress that had silver anchor prints splattered all over its form fitting material. She waited there outside of the amusement park rocking back and forth happily with her hands held behind her back. 

Funny how they failed to mention the fact that the person she despised the most was going to be joining them. 

Her expression was priceless, a precious kodak moment it was the very second her eyes trailed from the soles of his nike airforce, making their way up to it's set destination-- his face. She reeled back into the iron gates with her hand clutching onto her handbag as if her life depended on it. Kris scoffed at her reaction kicking at the dirt on the ground before shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he waited for the final two to arrive. That was the moment she knew her day was bound to be ruined. 

Hours flew by fairly quickly and the beautiful lights began to grow more prominent with the darkening sky alerting everyone of the time. And like every other girl in their youth, Tiffany begged her friends to go on the ferris wheel with her. 

"Come on! It's the Ferris wheel, who doesn't want to go on it? I mean come on, look at it and tell me you don't want to-"

"I don't want to go on it." A quick reply was thrown at her by none other than Kris. He's jaw was clenched as he stared at it with disgust.

"I don't remember asking you Kris." She scoffed with the roll of her eyes. Of course he wouldn't want to do anything she suggested, he almost always did but this wasn't stopping her.

"You never directed it to anyone so anyone could answer it, no?" He raised his brows, challenging her.

"It was supposed to be a rhetorical question you dumba--" 

"Alright, alright! We'll go on the Ferris wheel with you ok? Just quit it." Kibum threw his hands up in defeat with an annoyed expression. It was getting late and he didn't want the headache to drag on longer than it should. Tiffany jumped in delight with a victory cry. She was too busy rejoicing that she failed to catch Kris' complexion pale drastically. 

 

Why can't the universe be fair to her for once?

Why does this always happen?

Life just loves to tug on her pigtails doesn't it? Here she was in one of the carriages of the ride that was meant to be the highlight of the day. And sitting right in front of her was a very rigid Kris awkwardly bent to fit into the small confinements. She would have laughed for eons if it wasn't for the nasty glare he sent her way. Leaning forward, she dug her elbows into her knees, letting her chin rest in the palms of her hands as she admired the view outside with a sigh. 'How breathtaking.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in the other carriage were the diva and the champ. They exchanged countless of comments with their faces pressed against the glass screen that protected them, fingers pressing against the glass as they point in various directions, laughing at the funny things that caught their eyes. Nothing was better than viewing everything from such a high spot. 

"You think she'll be ok? Maybe I should have sat with her." Amber turned to look at him with a worried look. She would have expected Tiffany to have strangled him and come up with a plan to dispose of his body by now. 

"Nah. They're fine." Key's eyes stayed focused on the view outside before glancing at their friend's cabinet with a smug knowing smile.

"Yah, are you hiding something? What's with the face." Her eyes zeroed down on him suspiciously. She knew that smile all to well.

"Nah man," he shook his head with a chuckle. 'You go get her.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

'How breathtaking...' he thought as he focused on her. The lights attached to the carriage shone on her face, making her pearly complexion glow in such a manner that stumped him. Or maybe that's just the height of this ride that was making him feel like this. No one out of the immediate family was aware of his fear of heights but it was going to change after that night. The things he does for the girl of his dreams, he inwardly sighed. 

Kris was never the expressive type of person, nor was he very vocal about it. It didn't help that everytime he was around her, he would freeze up and grow cold with hands stuffed in his pockets as always from growing unbearably clammy with cold sweat. Yes he was annoyed with himself for not mustering the courage to just confess but what can he do? Not much apparently when it came to her. 

But right at that moment, the only thing keeping him from hurling all over the floor was looking at her face. Her angelic face that practically glowed whenever she smiled that famous eye smile of hers. He's lips curled into a small smile before his muscles clenched at the abrupt halt of the ride followed by a surprised squeak. The loud static of the loudspeaker situated at the top of the door sounded before a shrill shriek sounded through, signalling an announcement from a very apologetic coordinator.

"Ah, I'm sorry for this, but it seems we're facing technical difficulties at the moment, please be patient while we fix the problem at hand. It'll be a 10 minute wait at the most. Thank you for listening." The frequency cut off, suggesting that the broadcast was over.

Looking out the window proved to be the worst decision he had made in years. Out of all carriages, it had to be theres that was at the very top of the wheel. He's skin was tingling with anxiety. He's hands were growing painstakingly cold where it felt like his nerves were being pricked by needles. With clenched teeth, he tried to slow his breathing; cautious not to alert Tiffany.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Odd, she would usually feel really calm in such a situation, but the air around her was so tense and dark it made her worry. Her eyes darted around them to see where her friends were. When she couldn't find them, she sighed-- shaking her head before looking at Kris. It shocked her, he looked petrified to the point of no return.

'No way... is he scared of heights?' Her eyes widened in realization. So the cold hearted prince was human after all. She almost smiled before trying to ease the tension.

"You know, they say the Ferris wheel is supposed to bring good fortune to those who are stuck at the top." She stated, it was the first time either of them had exchanged any words to one another since setting foot in there.

"This isn't a gameshow you dimwit, shut up." he hissed, eyes piercing hers with furious eyes. She noticed the tinge of fear behind all that fury. It almost reminded her of a kid she once babysat. That twerp gave her the same look when she threatened to tell on their parents for staying up past their bedtime.

"Yah, I'm only trying to help ok?" She rolled her eyes before clicking her tongue. "Why are you so scared of heights?" His eyes flashed with alarm, bolting up from his previously slump posture only to hit the back of the seat with a cuss.

"Where did you-- where did you hear that? No I'm no--" he bit his tongue at her bemused expression, watching as she slowly leaned back into her seat graciously, crossing her arms with much ease. "I fell out of a tree once." he blatantly admitted with a low voice hoping she wouldn't hear.

She did.

She released the heartiest laugh that day and it was because of him. He's heart tightened at the sound, he was falling helplessly in deep like with her the more he was around her. 

"Why the hell were you in the tree? What, did you think you could fly like Peter Pan?" She joked, not realizing that she hit home. His cheeks flared with embarrassment before looking away with a gruff expression.

"Oh my god, you thought you could fly?" Her voice went up another octave before she laughed harder than she knew she could.

"Shut up. I believed I could fly, so I thought I could." he glared at her before frowning at her.

"Yah, you're missing one thing though. Peter Pan had Tinkerbell and her pixie dust to help him fly." she chuckled.

"I-- Well I forgot about that at the time ok?" he defended himself hopelessly, he didn't realize it but she managed to distract him from his phobia of heights. Chuckling, she shook her head before singing merrily.

"I'll be your Tinkerbell in the sky~" she tipped her head from side to side as she sang those words. It was one of her favourite songs. 

He smiled inwardly before muttering softly, "And I'll be your eternal Peter Pan."

His words struck a cord in her heart surprisingly. Perhaps they could be friends, or more. Who knows. Only time will tell.

"You know, you're not so bad when you're not glaring or being sarcastic." She admitted. 

He stared at her in shock, only to glance down at his shoes. 'Now's the time.'

"Tiffany-- the only reason why I was like that was because-- because I--I-- li--"

"Shh, I think I know what you're about to say, don't worry." she waved her hand in the air, she found it adorable how he seemed to stammer with his words. She would have never thought it was true thinking back to what happened earlier.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Key pulled her aside from her bickering with Kris before whispering into her ear. "Yah, do me a favor and give him the time of day."

She stared at him in confusion. Why would he tell her to do that? Kibum caught her look before rolling her eyes. 'Girls, they're all so oblivious.'

"He likes you, . Now go play nice for umma and appa ok?" With that he pushed her towards Kris, ushering for the two of them to enter first.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Ha, haha. I'm actually sorta happy with the outcome of this oneshot-- for now. I'm not used to fluffy pieces but I hope this was fluffy enough.
I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you think about it ok? ; u ; Please? Pretty please? With icing on top? I-- come on. Please?

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )