Yersinia Pestis

This cant be the end

It had been on the news for months, but every one ignored it. It was just some story, there were thousands of them. It wasnt until the deaths actually started happening did people take notice. Who would have thought that history would have saved us, but still people didnt realize. 

Yersunia Pestis is a bacterium plague and is transmitted from rats to humans by the rat flea Xenopsylla cheopis. When it jumped from rats to humans and other mammals it was too late to stop it or contain it. Symptoms started off like the flu or a cold; chills, an ill feeling, high fever and cramps. Then it progressed to seizures, lymph and gland swelling, gangrene and color changes and pain in the area of swelling. Heavy breathing, vomiting blood coughing and extreme pain came as well. The pain was from the skin decaying. 

That was what the scientist told us were happening. They didnt even know about the rest. They were so far off. They told us that half of Asia was safe and that the British Isles were empty of the Plague. 

What they didnt know about was the mutations the body goes through to attempt to fight the pathogen. They didnt know that the human brain got fried when it tried to fight that hard. 

I'm getting ahead of my self. That all will come. Dates dont really matter anymore, so I'm not sure when to tell you this happened but they think it started in India. It quickly traveled due to the incubation period, but when deaths appeared in India they started appearing all over the globe. When my parents found out they wanted to get out, so somewhere quiet. 

Supposedly South Korea was safe, they were seclude because of North Korea and that would be one of the most safe places to be. My grandparents told my parents that I could stay with them until this all blew over. So I packed a few bags, got on a plane and flew to the Incheon airport.