Columbus Day

School Days

Kim Jongin remembered when he was a wide eyed freshman.

He discreetly scratched his and yawned.

Naiveté, how he missed it.

Jongin really hated that he had to come to school today.

He groaned and stretched back in his seat, lazily slapping Sehun upside the head.

Sehun sent back a deadly glare.

Or was that his normal stare?

Jongin had known him since kindergarten, but he still wasn't quite sure.

He focused his attention on the teacher.

Mr. Lu was blabbering on about the principles of federalism and the election of 1800.

"And Aaron Burr kind of swooped in and refused to give up the chance to be president, so Alexander Hamilton was like hell n- I mean, he decided to just give the presidency to Thomas Jefferson instead because he trusted Jefferson more. Any questions before we move on?"

"Mr. Lu, it's Columbus day and every other school in our district got a day off. Can't we do something interesting?" Jongin whined.

Mr. Lu whirled around and in a flurry of motion, ended up with his pointer directly in Jongin's jugular and Jongin pressed up against his chair, eyes huge.

"DON'T YOU ING SAY THAT NAME IN MY CLASSROOM."

"But you're the history teacher..." Jongin whimpered, looking at Sehun for help.

Sehun let out a little sigh, smiling dazedly at Mr. Lu's enraged face.

"It's like an angel," He thought to himself.

Mr. Lu roared,"HE'S A  MONSTER, YOU LITTLE . HE SAILED THE ING OCEAN BLUE IN 1492 AND ED UP AN ENTIRE CIVILIZATION, THAT'S WHAT HE DID."

Jongin nodded quickly.

"T-That's right, Mr. Lu." He croaked out as the pointer relentlessly added pressure to his windpipe.

Mr. Lu continued to lecture frantically on the crimes of Christopher Columbus, adding more and more pressure to the pointer.

DING DONG DAENG DONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Mr. Lu smashed his pointer down on his desk, smashing it into thousands of tiny wooden pieces.

Jongin nearly cried. (He would deny that later)

"DAMMIT, WHO'S PHONE IS THAT?"

"That's the bell, Luhan."

"WHO SAID THAT? WHO HAS THE AUDACIT-"

Mr. Minseok, one of the home ec teachers, stuck his head through the door, chuckling at Luhan's antics. (Or as Jongin called it, temporary bouts of insanity. "He's just passionate about his work!" Sehun protested.)

"Baobei!" Luhan gurgled happily. Minseok rolled his eyes playfully.

He stopped short and glared haughtily at the students.

"That's the bell. See you tomorrow!"

Luhan smiled brightly, practically blinding the students with the intensity of the smile and giving them whiplash with the sudden mood swings.

Jongin raced out, dragging Sehun out with him.

Sehun stared back wistfully.

"When will he notice me?" He mumbled under his breath.

Jongin breathlessly cried,"Senpai will never notice you, and it doesn't help that he seems to be hella tsundere."

Inside the classroom, Luhan draped himself against his desk.

"Stupid kids. I'm so tired."

"Sorry, Luhan. But you can never be as burnt out as Kris."

"Poor Kris." Luhan agreed, smirking at the very thought of the tall man.


Across the school, kids streamed out of the art classroom.

"Poor Mr. Wu." Chanyeol said as he walked out of the classroom, pushing his large glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"I really wonder how he got the job." Junmyeon muttered.

"Should the student council president be talking about a teacher?"

Junmyeon glared at him.

"His cobra looked like a with a rattle. You can't blame me."

"True." Chanyeol consented.

"We have a meeting today, so make sure you get your lunch quickly."

Chanyeol nodded and looked back into the classroom to see Mr. Wu slam his face into his desk and his hand reach around for his cup of coffee.

There was a shattering sound as his huge hand accidentally knocked it off.

The principal, Mr. Sooman, frowned when he heard a low voice bellow,"GOD ING DAMMIT. THAT'S THE TENTH ING CUP THIS WEEK."


"Mr. Tao? My name is-"

"Hush, darling. I'm a little busy right now."

Tao's eyes narrowed at the computer screen, contemplating on which gray square to click on.

He waved his fingers at the petite girl.

"I'll take care of you later."

"But you're the only secretary! I really need this absence excused or I'll be suspended." She whimpered.

"That really sounds like a problem. How unfortunate." 

She stormed out, grumbling curses under her breath. "ing lazy useless secretary."

"Bratty little ." Tao sniffed, clicking on the second to last square.

The screen lit up with tiny bombs.

"."

Kyungsoo, who was getting the supplies out of his car for his home ec class, stifled a sob when a computer crashed out of the window in the main office and smashed through his windshield.

"I guess Tao is playing minesweeper again." He sighed, sifting through the insurance papers in his car.

 

A/N: I hope you like the first chapter lol 

It's a little short and unedited atm

but please comment and tell me what you think!