Chapter 5

Least Expected

Hello everyone and sorry its been so long! This story was created by me and a friend of mine, we started it and then lost steam of it so it stopped for awhile... and then we stopped being friends. HOWEVER, I completely miss writting and all such creative outlets so i will be starting this up once again! This time, hopefully will be true haha. Also, I understand this isnt the most long or exciting chapter so far in the series but i didnt really know how to transition it very well to get to the destination... I promise next chapter will be VERY exciting. so stay tuned!!

 

 

Minji’s POV


       Kyungsoo and I slip into the car again. I turn around to hand the two ice creams to Yoongi and Taehon, only to find Yoongi pinned down to the seat and Taehon fast asleep. “..Oh.” I say and look at Kyungsoo, confused about what to do with the ice cream. “Should we wake her up?” I ask him.


       “No,” Yoongi answers for Kyungsoo and holds his hand out for his ice cream, maneuvering to eat it while laying down. “See, this worked out well. You can eat Taehon’s ice cream, unless you still want to share with me,” Kyungsoo says with a small smile and takes a bite of his ice cream.


       “But I feel bad, she wanted this ice cream…” I say, worried I’ll get kicked out of the car if the girl finds out I ate her ice cream.
       “It’s fine, she’ll survive. It’ll probably melt by the time she wakes up anyway.” The big-eyed boy started driving, not looking at me while he was talking. “If you say so,” I mumble and slowly start eating the pinkish ice cream. It was awkward sitting in this car with a bunch of strangers. It was already dark out, and I wasn’t sure where I’d go. I thought for awhile and got out my phone. Kyungsoo glanced at me, seeming to read my mind. “Is there anywhere you’d like me to drive you?” He asked quietly. I glance at him and nod.


       “Yes, if you don’t mind… could you drive me to my friend’s apartment? He works with me, and in the morning he could take me to my uncle’s house and I’ll be okay from there. He doesn’t live far from here.” I chew on my lip, knowing Sehun would take me in no matter when I asked.
       “Alright, we can take you there.. but could you help us first? We’re not really sure where we’re going and it’d be nice if we had some sort of directions,” He purses his lips and takes an awkward at his ice cream. I try not to giggle, and nod instead. “Yes, I can give you directions. Where are you trying to get to?” I ask, unlocking my phone to send Sehun a text.


"Well the kids wanted to go find another party but I think it's about time to get home." He asks me if I have any idea where a neighborhood is, and I nodded. "I can tell you where to go. Actually, you could just drop me off when you get home and I'll try to catch a taxi." I said. Or maybe I'll get another chance to find a bridge on the way to Sehun's house.

 

"You sure?" Kyungsoo asks and peeks at me, then looks away oddly quickly again as if I'm the sun and he might go blind if he looks too long. I nod. "Absolutely. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." I smile softly at him and eat my ice cream as I text Sehun, asking him if I could stay with him for the night.


"If you say so. Hey... Excuse my nosiness but," he pauses, hesitating on his words. "Why did you say you don't have a home anymore? Were you kicked out of your house?" He asks, giving me a worried and caring look that I haven't seen in a long time. I couldn't help but answer. "Yes." I say, wanting to continue but unsure how. "Oh... Um, by your parents?" He guesses. I nod. "Why?" He asks.


"Because they hate me. I'm useless to them. I think they're just frustrated because my brother has been gone for so long," I trail off, not wanting to think of my brother at the moment.

 

“Ah, is he… you know…” he asks and purses his lips, not wanting to actually ask about everyone’s inevitable future. “No! He’s not dead. He’s just in Japan studying abroad for a few years” I say wide eyed, not realzing just how dramatic that could have sounded.

 

“Oh, well… I guess that’s good then.” He says a bit awkwardly. Just then, I get a text from Sehun. ‘I’m at work right now, but if you come here I’ll be able to take you back with me’. . I really didn’t want to have to do this, visiting his work. Considering that’s also my job, which so happened to be owned by my uncle. However, i guess I didn’t have a choice but to accept the offer, no matter how difficult it was going to be for me. I end up giving directions to the water resort.

 

Taehon’s POV

    “mmm, where are we?” I ask groggy and look around, only to realize I’m still laying in Yoongi’s arms. I try to ignore my blush and slowly sit back up, looking out the window. “we’re driving Minji to where she needs to be” Kyungsoo replied and looked at me through the rear-view mirror.

“Ah…. yah, wheres my ice cream?” I ask with a slight pout and look at everyone who seems to be almost done with their servings.

 

“You were sleeping, so we ate yours” Yoongi replies softly and gently pulls me back down into his arms. “You should have woken me up” i say frowning and look up at him. “Ani, you needed the sleep” he says with a slight grin, then sitting up a bit to crack open to window, then fiddle around in his pocket to light up a cigarette.

“Whoa… is this it?” Kyungsoo asks with even bigger eyes than what they are normally, and the girl we’ve helped just nods shyly.

 

“Why are we here? are you just gonna stay at a hotel tonight? Omo! Sunbaenim! We should too! That would be awesome!” I say excited and look at him, hoping he’d be up for the idea. “I mean, i guess so… it is getting late” he says after a moment of thinking, figuring if this is where Minji is staying he can hopefully have more time with her. “Really? Yes!” I exclaim and we all file out of the car.