Chapter 3

Least Expected

Once Minji got into the car, she looked back at the two teens in the back seats. They looked cute together in that moment. “My name is Minji,” she said with a shy voice, glancing at Kyungsoo who was staring intently at her. It kind of scared her, but little did she know the boy sitting next to her couldn’t take his eyes off of her for one big reason.

To Kyungsoo, it felt like an angel took its place in that passenger seat and in his heart. What do they call it, love at first sight? He thought. It wasn’t normal for something like this to happen to him. He was never one for dating, he didn’t really have interest in girls. He just found finding a girlfriend and future wife to be pointless at his age, but something about Minji made all of that change for him in that moment. “So, why are you out this late all by yourself?” Taehon asks while Yoongi is still laying on her shoulder, smiling.

“Well,” Minji started. “It’s a long story but let’s just say I don’t have a home anymore,” she looked away, at her feet. Kyungsoo’s head perked up, and he had just started driving. He glanced at the girl.

“Eh? What do you mean? What happened?” He asked, suddenly frantic. “Aish, Sunbaenim! If she doesn’t want to tell us she doesn’t have to, calm down.” Taehon says with a chuckle. “Yah, Taehon, why don’t you love me? I am only nice to you!” Yoongi says suddenly sitting up from her. “Aish, this again Pabo? You are so irresponsible and all you do is get into trouble. I can’t stand it every single time we go somewhere it’s me and Kyungsoo saving your life!” To everyone else, they thought she was complaining. To her, however, it was a hidden list of all the things that made her fall for him. “Yah! Taehon! Stop being like this to him! Do you not understand he becomes this way because of how you treat him? He is so madly in love with you and you are too blind to notice it. I dont know why you are so cold to him!” Kyungsoo says in a stern voice, scaring everyone in the car. “Su- sunbaenim… Why did you just yell like that to me?” Taehon said in a shocked and hurt voice. “Aish, Taehon. All im trying to say is stop yelling at him all the time. Instead, maybe try and see it from his eyes.” He replies back in a much softer tone, because he heard how Taehon reacted.

Minji averted her eyes, thinking that maybe she shouldn’t have gotten into the car. She got out her phone, staring blankly as she unlocked the screen. Taehon ignored Kyungsoo, trying to think over in her head if she should trust him. She wanted to, but she couldn’t believe him.

“I know what can make me feel better! Ice cream!” Yoongi said, clapping like a child. “Hyung, can’t we get ice cream? Please!” Yoongi leaned forward, resting his chin on the shoulder of Kyungsoo’s seat.

Kyungsoo let out a breath and nodded. “Okay, we can get ice cream… Minji-ssi, do you know any good ice cream shops around here? Do you even know where we are, maybe?” He gave Minji a small smile.

Minji nods, glancing at Kyungsoo who caused her heart to beat slightly faster the way he was looking at her. “There’s one down the street if you turn right at the next intersection. I know exactly where we are.” She pointed to said intersection up ahead.

Kyungsoo nodded and drove towards where she was pointing. Once the car came into the parking lot, the boy in the back started complaining about how he didn’t want to move. His head was on Taehon’s shoulder. “Yah, I can’t move right now,” Taehon said. “Sunbaenim, can you get us coffee and raspberry flavors?” She finished with a smile, batting her eyelashes.

Kyungsoo just stared at her for a moment before agreeing, looking at Minji who was getting her wallet out. “What do you think you’re doing?” Kyungsoo said with wide eyes. “Uh, I’m gonna pay,” Minji said with a smile. “It’s the least I could do, since you’re being so kind.”

“Nonsense. I’ll pay. Come on, put your wallet away and let’s go.”

Minji let out a huff and put it away, closing the door simultaneously with Kyungsoo’s.