Chapter 4

Least Expected

Minji POV 

    Kyungsoo held the door open for me as we entered the ice cream shop. There was a small line inside, but it was moving fairly quickly. “What do you want, Minji-ssi?”
    “Mm…” I looked at the menu up above the cashiers. I shrugged. Everything sounded good, and I tend to like surprises. “I don’t know, surprise me.” I said with a smile. Kyungsoo nodded, staring up at the menu with his wide eyes. I couldn’t help but stare at him and how his eyes moved back and forth.
    “Are you sure you don’t want anything specific?” Kyungsoo looked at me. I nodded. Secretly, I wondered what he would get me.
    “Yep, I’m sure. I like surprises.” I grinned, earning a smile from him but he quickly looked away as if he couldn’t look at me for too long. It was kind of upsetting, but I didn’t show my disapproval.
    “If you say so.” Kyungsoo went up to the cashier and got out his wallet. “One chocolate, one raspberry, and one coffee flavored ice creams please.” I internally count how many ice creams he ordered, and it comes to me.
    “Yah!!” I pout, hitting his arm gently. “Rude!”
    Kyungsoo chuckled. “Ey! Don’t hit me, we can share my ice cream~” He winked, causing me to blush and put my hands together in front of me. Oops.
    “Yah… okay.” I frown a bit, feeling embarrassed.
     The lady behind the register handed us the ice cream, I took two and Kyungsoo took the last one after paying. "Mianhae, jagiya, I hope I didn't upset you." Kyungsoo said as we turned away from the counter. My eyes widened. Jagiya?
    "YAH! I'm not your jagiya. Don't call me that." I pout at him.
     "Ah, I'm sorry... jagiya." Kyungsoo smiled cheekily. We're not even dating, we just met. What kind of people does this kid hang around with?
     "Shut up! That's weird!" I said. Kyungsoo's cheeks turned slightly red, and I noticed right away.
     "I'm sorry. I don't know why I called you that," he opened the door and let me through to the outside. I didn't say anything to him, trying to hide my blush. It's been awhile since I heard the word jagiya. Before today it might've been years. Deciding to forget about it for the time being, I walk towards the car.


Taehon's POV
    Once kyungsoo and Minji got out of the car, the butterflies in my stomach became alive and I felt like I could float away. Me. In a car. With Yoongi. ALONE. It was like a scary dream come true. Sunbaenim usually never lets us alone in the same place, he thinks either two things: we are going to kill each other, or we are going to stain whatever furnishings are near. For some reason, he knew I like Yoongi, despite the fact I never told anyone at all. I guess he was just able to tell based on how long I have known him. 
“Yah, Taehon, are you still mad at me?” Yoongi says with an innocent puppy dog look on his face. Jezz I hate when he does that face, it’s so hard to control myself. “Aish, aniyo. I just don’t like when you get this drunk, you know that.” I admit, trying to keep my cool while looking into those deep brown eyes. “Sunbae was right, did you know that? Were you aware about me liking you?” I couldn’t handle this anymore. I hate when I am mean to him but it’s the only way I am able to keep my distance with him. I never knew how much it hurts him. “A-aniyo… You only call me Jagiya when you aren’t sober, that’s why I never believe you…” I mumble with my head hanging down, afraid to make eye contact with him. “Yah, Taehon. Look at me… please.” Yoongi almost begs in a whisper. When I look up, he is very close to me, almost too close. Our faces are inches away when he loses balance and puts his hand on my leg to keep from falling… when he feels a few bumps on my thigh through my leggings. My eyes widen in pain as i feel his weight through his hand on my fresh wounds. 
“T-Taehon… what is this?” he says in a scared yet compassionate tone as he lightly slides his thumb across them. I try and choke back the tears of knowing my first love has discovered my darkest secret, “Yah, i-it’s nothing..” I stutter and brush his hand off my leg. I curiously look up to see the possible reaction on his face might be. When I saw, I was crushed. A single tear, streaming down his face. “Yoongi, wh- why are you crying?” I say and lean over toward where he was sitting. “How… Why…. Why would you do this to yourself?” He says in a whisper, with almost no sound coming through his mouth. “Yah, Yoongi, please don’t cry for me. Please don’t do this.” I say as hot tears stream down my face, causing some of my makeup to slide down with it. I put my hands in front of my mouth, astonished that he is showing this sort of emotion toward me. I move to the other side of the car where he is and I sit down right next to him, sitting with my legs crossed and toward him. I pick his chin up so he looks at me. “Yoongi, why are you crying for me? There is no need for you to, I promise. I will be okay. You just have to allow me to get better on my own.” I speak to him in a calm tone and I rub his back with my free hand. “Yoongi, you are important to me. Did you know that? I have liked you for a very long time, but I have been scared to admit it to you because of what you discovered.” Without a response from him, he takes the waistband of my leggings and pulls them down to confirm to himself what he felt. After looking down at my scars for a few moments, he looks up to me with a serious looking face. “You don’t need to do this anymore, I will be the one to rescue you. I love you, and I have since the day I met you.” Yoongi says while never losing eye contact with me and takes my hands into his. At a loss for words, I take my hands out of his, pull the waistband back up, and wrap my arms around him, causing him to lay back. “I’m sorry that I caused you harm by doing this to myself. I didn’t mean for it to happen.” I sob into his chest while he just combs his fingers through my hair and rubs my back, until I fall into a deep sleep. Finally, in the arms of the man I loved.