Chapter 5

GucciPanda has commented on your blog

As days passed, Kris began to feel for the other. He loved talking to Tao. It was the only thing he looked forward to in the day. This particular day though, he was feeling extremely sick. He didn't know why. He sighed as the thermometer beeped. He pulled it out, and before he could check it his phone rang loudly which resulted in him dropping it.

"." He muttered as he picked it up, and looked at it. Tao was video calling him. He sighed as he turned the water on, and answered the call. Tao waved to him. He smiled, "Good morning, Tao. What are you up to?" He asked while shutting the water off. He began drying the device.

"I'm getting ready for school. What are you doing? You're not in your room I assume." He shrugged, "I've been feeling sick ever since we ended our conversation yesterday. I'm checking my temperature right now incase I have a fever." He could see the boy's facial emotion change to worry.

"What's your temperature?"

"I don't know yet. I'm about to check it."

Tao nodded and watched him. He put the device in his mouth and stood there. He glanced at Tao who was watching him intently. When the thermometer beeped, Tao jumped slightly. This made Kris chuckle as he pulled the device out. He looked at the number on the screen.

"Ah." He frowned.

Tao blinked, "What does it say?"

"102.4"

The younger's eyes widened, "Kris! Go to the doctor!"

Kris just chuckled, "I'm sure if I take some medicine for my fever, I'll be ok."

"No, Kris! Go to the doctor! What if you're really sick?! I don't want..."

The end of the sentence was faded out.

"What was that last part?" The older questioned.

A slight blush spread across Tao's cheeks, "I said... I don't want to lose you..."

He smiled warmly at the response, "You won't. It's ok. I'll go to the doctor. Alright?"

Tao nodded.

Before either of them could talk again, Baekhyun walked into the kitchen. Kris looked at him and he looked back. A small smirk pasted itself on his face, "Are you talking to your boyfriend?"

Tao rose an eyebrow at the language being spoken, "Who's that, Kris?" Kris sighed as he looked at Baekhyun, "Yes. It is. Now could you go please." He turned back to Tao, "It's Baekhyun. Ignore him." 

"I can't speak Korean anyway, so I kind of have to." This caused the older to laugh slightly.

"Kris~ I wanna talk to him too!" Baekhyun whined as he inched his way over to him.

"He doesn't even speak Korean, Baekhyun. How do you think you can?"

"Be the translator?" The smaller smiled widely.

The other sighed, "Seriously, just-"

"Please~!"

He groaned out of frustration. He looked at the iPhone screen, "Baekhyun wants to see what you look like. Is that ok?"

Kris could see the hesitation, but he nodded nevertheless. He faced the phone towards Baekhyun. The smaller looked at the screen and his eyes widened.

"Kris! You got yourself a hot one!"

"Baekhyun, please-"

"Tell him I think he's gorgeous!"

He sighed before speaking towards the phone, "He thinks you're... uh... gorgeous."

Baekhyun giggled as he saw the noticeable blush, "He's blushing~! He's so adorable."

Kris frowned. He was feeling a little jealous now.

"I just want to cuddle him until he falls asleep in my lap! Oh, how cute he would be asleep in my lap."

"I want to skin you alive." Kris gritted his teeth as he spoke in Mandarin.

"What did you say, Kris?" Baekhyun smiled.

He gave him a forced smile back, "Nothing." He switched back to Mandarin, "Nothing at all, you boyfriend stealing freak." 

All of a sudden, a laugh was heard. He looked at Baekhyun, but he wasn't laughing and was only staring at the iPhone screen. Kris rose an eyebrow. He grabbed his phone, and faced it towards himself.

Tao was laughing.

Laughing.

He felt his heart skip a beat as he heard the beautiful sound. He wanted to hear it again. It was the first time he heard it before, and he wished to hear it again.

"Why are you laughing?" He questioned.

Baekhyun watched him speak into the camera.

Tao scratched the back of his head, "You're jealous."

Kris blinked, "No I'm not."

"Kris, did you forget I could still hear you speaking Mandarin to yourself?"

The older blushed.

Baekhyun finally spoke up, "I'm going to go. Chanyeol will take you to the doctor once he drops me off at work, ok?"

Kris nodded, and the smaller left.

"So maybe I am jealous... He was calling you cute, and said he wanted to cuddle you and stuff." He pouted.

Tao giggled, "I think it's cute that you're jealous."

Kris blushed slightly.

"I have to go to school now, ok? Make sure you go see a doctor, alright?"

The elder nodded and smiled, "Goodbye."

Tao waved back and ended the call. 

Kris locked his phone. He smiled slightly. Tao laughed at him. It was an accomplishment.

-

"Kris?" The said male looked up from his waiting room seat. A nurse had called him for his checkup. "I'll be out here when you finish, okay?" Chanyeol smiled. The older nodded and go up to follow the woman. They went to the back rooms. She smiled at him as she showed him inside the room. He hesitantly sat down on the cushioned laying area.

The women signed in onto the computer in the room. "So, Kris. What's the problem?"

"Well... I have a fever, and I feel dizzy and... I guess that's it really..."

She nodded as she typed in his words. "Well, Kris. I can tell you right now, it's nothing too serious. Just stay in bed and take some fever medicine. Have you been eating well? Are you on any medication?"

He nodded, "Yes, I've been eating well. I'm on medication for insomnia. I take sleeping pills."

She nodded, "When did you last take them, and how many did you take?"

"Last night and three."

"Yeah, like I said, it's nothing too serious. Sleeping pills have side effects that happen at random times. Yours probably just shocked your body with them. You'll be fine after a day or two of resting around."

Kris nodded thankful that he didn't have to tell Tao any bad news.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you need me to write you a prescription for fever medicine?

"Ah, no. It's fine. Thanks again."

She nodded, "Anytime."

-

Kris laid in bed as he stared at his laptop. Any minute now. He was waiting for Tao to send him a video chat request. He wanted to reassure him he was not going to die of some deadly disease. It was only a few minutes until the request had reached him. He quickly answered. Tao came onto the screen.

"Kris, did you go to the doctor's?" 

The elder nodded, "I did, and there is no need to worry. She said that it's nothing life threatening. It's just that the side effects of my insomnia medicine are acting out."

He could see the boy's face visibly relax at the words. "Ah, I'm glad it's nothing too serious."

Kris smiled, "Wouldn't it be a pain if it was?"

That was when he notice Tao's eyes had darkened.

Neither of them spoke until Tao finally did, "Kris, you don't understand how much you mean to me..."

He didn't know.

He really didn't.

"If you ever fall sick or... worse..." The other's voice stung like a sharp knife.

"I don't think I'll be able to handle the demons that try and take my life."

They stared at each other. Kris sat up straight and looked directly into the camera.

"Those demons can't win against a fighter, Tao. You and I both know that you're a fighter."

Tao shook his head as he gulped, "N-No. I'm not. I'll break if you slip away from me, Kris. Please believe me when I tell you this."

"I believe you only to an extent."

The younger sighed, "Okay... just... don't plan on leaving me anytime soon."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

 

 

---

 

 

As the days passed by, the two continued to grow closer. They were always there for eachother whenever they needed it the most. One of those supporting times was today. 

-

Kris was eating dinner with his roommates when his phone began ringing. He pulled out the device to see Tao was video calling him. He hesitantly answered due to being at the dinner table. When the screen focused, he dropped his fork.

Tao was crying.

He was crying as he stared at the camera.

"." Kris muttered as his two friends looked at him. "I'm going to get on my computer. Don't do anything, ok?" He spoke in mandarin to the boy.

Tao nodded as he wiped away his tears. The blonde stood up and looked at his friends, "Thanks for dinner. I'll finish it later. I need to deal with something important right now."

They didn't question it and let him go on. He ended the video call on his phone, and rushed to his room. He almost broke his laptop trying to open it so fast. He went to the site and called his boyfriend. Tao picked up almost instantly.

When their screens connected, Tao broke. "K-Kris!" He spoke as he cried into his hands. Kris didn't ask what's wrong. He knew that wasn't how to comfort someone. "Tao, baby. Breathe. Take deep breaths, ok?"

The boy on the screen sighed deeply as he tried to fix his breathing pattern. "That's it. Now just relax. Everything is okay now. Everything is okay. I'm here. I'm here to help you. Imagine me there holding you in my arms, ok?"

This made Tao whine, "God, I wish you were actually here. I wish you were here."

Kris looked at him with sad eyes, "I wish I was there too, but for right now just imagine it. I'm here for you, ok? You know that."

"I know... I know... Kris... I..."

Tao had calmed down.

He sighed. "Get some rest, Tao. You need it. You and I both know that."

The younger wiped his tears away and nodded, "Okay. okay, I will."

"Sleep well, alright?"

Tao nodded once more before he hung up the call. He sighed as he closed his laptop. He wished he could really be with Tao in his time of need.

 

 

---

 

 

"Teach me Korean." Tao told Kris.

The older blinked, "Really?"

Tao nodded, "I want to be able to listen to your roommates talking with you..."

Kris gave him a sympathetic smile, "Alright... I'll teach you then. How about we start with the basics?"

The younger nodded for the other to continue.

"Hello is annyeong."

"An-Annyeong?"

The blonde nodded.

"That's the informal version of a hello."

"What's the formal?"

"It's annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghesayo?"

"No, no. Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo?"

Kris nodded.

"So I'd say annyeong to you right?"

"Yeah, do that the next time we start a video chat. Greet me with that."

Tao nodded and paused before talking again, "Instead of gege for Chinese, what would I call you?"

"Hyung."

"Hyung?"

The other nodded.

"Okay then. I'll greet you with annyeong, hyung."

"Good. You're off to a good start."

Tao smiled proudly.

Kris liked it when Tao smiled.

 

 

---

 

 

His fingers entangled with the other's black hair. He brushed it lightly. He pushed his nose softly into it to smell the strawberry scented shampoo. He took in a deep breath. "You smell really good, Tao."

Hands wrapped around his waist and a face pressed against his clothed chest. Tao mumbled into his chest, "I love you, Kris." He held him tighter, "I love you too. I never want you to leave." 

"I won't. I promise."

He pulled his body away so he could sink into the covers deeper. Their faces met. Kris smiled warmly at the smaller. He pulled him close and their lips pressed together.

Everything felt right in the world.

Kissing the man he loved in their shared house was all he needed in his life.

All he needed.

Him and Ta-

"Yah, hyung!" Chanyeol yelled as he threw a pillow at the sleeping blonde, making him startle awake. "W-What do you want, Chanyeol?" His voice came out croaked.

It was a dream.

Him and Tao together was only a mere dream.

He wanted to scream.

He wanted to go back to sleep.

He wanted to hold his boyfriend in his arms.

He wanted to live with the boy in their own shared house.

He wanted everything he couldn't have.

"I wanted to check if you were going to work or staying home today. You overslept again."

 Again.

That word reminded him that this wasn't the first time he had dreamt of such happy things. He sighed as he sat up. "I'm going to stay home. Thanks for waking me up though." The younger smiled, "No problem."

 

 

---

 

 

Kris knew he was desperate when he typed the words into google. He stared at the screen before him. He read the words once again, how do you know when you're in love? He clicked a couple of links and read them. They all seemed to be for if you are around the person often. Then he found a few that still applied to him.

That's when he knew.

He was in love with Tao.

He loved him.

It's been two months since they started dating.

Was he moving too fast?

No.

It's been two months.

There was no way he was moving too fast.

He sighed as he closed his computer.

He wanted to sleep, so he tried his best too

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man, it took me a little bit to find inspiration to write this.

When I found it though...

I couldn't stop writing during school!

Lol xD

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Some fluffy taoris moments for yah~

Saranghamnida<3

Thanks for reading~