A Load of Bull

We're the Ones You Were Warned About

Minhee's POV

I was at peace, in the comfort of my own bed.

Up until the time, Eunmi bursted into my room, shouting in her usual bright tone, "wakey wakey, sunshine!"

I furrowed my brows with my eyes still closed and let out a loud groan, then turned over, hoping I could go back to sleep. But I felt the other end of my mattress weigh down and then hands trying to steal my only joy, my comforter, away from me.

"Minnie, wake up or you'll be late."

I sighed and then removed my comforter, rubbing my eyes and trying to adjust to the morning sunlight.

"Get ready, I bought us some food," Eunmi said as she held up a plastic bag. "red bean fish and your favorite peach drink."

The mention of food was enough to get me up and out of bed. After I got ready, we ate some of the red bean fish and saved the rest for lunch. Then headed to school.

The hallways were bustling with students (no duh, right? it's school).

Eunmi left for her locker which was further down the hall. I spun my combination and pulled open my locker door, grabbing my notebook and literature textbook. I was mentally going over some notes for the mini quiz today and had just closed my locker when the hallway fell silent. One second, students were screaming and then the next, you could hear crickets. Or in this case, you could hear the chorus of footsteps walking down the hall.

I turned my head to see Niel, Ricky, and Changjo. Niel and Changjo looked normal, but Ricky had suspiciously worn shades.

Everyone started whispering. But I don't even think it could be considered "whispers" because you can still clearly hear most of them.

 

Girl 1: Did they really get into a fight with Infinite?

Girl 2: I don't know. They look unharmed.

Girl 3: Maybe it's because Infinite didn't stand a chance.

Boy 1: Are you kidding me? Have you seen Infinite's Hoya?

Boy 2: Yeah, they must've had to deal some kind of damage at least.

 

"Young man," one of the teachers called out. He walked straight up to Ricky. "Sunglasses are not allowed during class hours. Please, take them off."

Ricky looked up at him, but didn't say a word.

"Did you hear me?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah, I heard you," Ricky said.

"Then take them off. You can wear them after school hours."

Even from this distance, I could see Ricky's fine jaw clench before he reached up to his face and removed his shades. He stuffed his free hand in his pocket and looked up, revealing a black eye.

Everyone gasped and again started 'whispering'.

 

Girl 1: oh my god, the rumors are true!

Girl 2: it has to be true

Boy 1: They really did get into a fight with Infinite

Girl 3: My poor baby. Look at his face.

Girl 1: If I were his girlfriend, I'd kiss it and make it better.

Boy 2: *makes gagging noises*

 

Among the whisper, I heard Changjo snicker a bit and Niel looked like he was trying to hold in his laugh too. 'They must think these rumors are a bunch of bull too,' I thought.

"Actually," the teacher began, probably shocked about his black eye too, "you can keep the shades on. But only for this matter." He cleared his throat and said, "you may proceed with class," before walking away to the teacher's lounge.

Ricky unclenched his jaw and looked around, eyeing everyone with a glare that made them all look away, before he put his shades back on.

Just after the three disappeared around the corner, Eunmi came up beside me. "Come on, let's get to class," she said.

The classroom was slowly starting to fill as the time for class to start drew near. All but one seat in the column of desks to my left was taken when our teacher walked in.

Noticing the empty desk, he looked around the class. "Where's Jonghyun?" He asked. No one answered. He let out a loud sigh, "is he skipping class again?"

Just then, Changjo appeared in the doorway. "I'm here," he said before walking down the aisle to the desk right to my left.

"So nice of you to join us today, Jonghyun," Jung Seonsaengnim said with a fake smile.

Changjo smiled back. "It's my pleasure to bless you all with my presence," he said.

"Yes, thank you for this honor," Jung Seonsaengnim replied. "Why don't you bless us with your presence after class? In detention."

"Again?!"

"Well maybe if you stop skipping class and start coming on time, you might be able to go home early."

Changjo leaned back in his seat and grumbled something incoherent to himself.

 


Changjo's POV
(last night)

I wiped my sweat with my shirt and took a swig of water. "Tie breaker," I said and slapped the ball. I stood outside the court, trying to pass the ball to one of my teammates. C.A.P was blocking Chunji and Ricky was trying to block Niel. I waited for Niel to find a way around him and then passed the ball.

He dribbled to the other side as we all raced down the court. He threw the ball, but missed, and L.Joe managed to grab the rebound. He dribbled in place and then passed it to C.A.P. We all crowded in the center, with C.A.P trying to find someone to pass it to. L.Joe was being blocked by Chunji real good that he couldn't find a way around. "C.A.P, pass it!" Ricky yelled. "Pass it here!"

C.A.P side eyed him and tried to fake before he passed it. But he misjudged his aim and in the next split second, Ricky was lying on the ground, covering his eyes, shouting, "I'm blind, I'm blind!"

"Stop your , Ricky. Just open your eyes," I said.

He opened his right eye, but his left stayed shut. "I can't open my left eye."

Chunji hyung knelt down and examined him. "It's probably just swollen shut right now," he said and then helped him up. "We should probably get some ice for that. It looks like it'll bruise."

The next morning, as we were getting ready to leave the house for school, Ricky came out into the living room with shades on. 

"What's with the shades?" Niel asked.

Ricky didn't say anything but responded by lifting it up and showing us his black eye. We both bursted out laughing. "Nice," I said. "Maybe people will believe you're a true fighter."

" you," he frowned and put his shades back on.

Once we walked onto campus, I could immediately hear everyone talking about us and our 'fight' with Infinite. So when Ricky showed off his black eye to Cho Seonsaengnim and everyone started to think that the rumors were true, I couldn't help but laugh a bit. I looked over Niel and he was trying to suppress his laugh as well.

When Cho Seonsaengnim dismissed us, we headed to the restroom. 

"This is a load of bull," Ricky exclaimed.

"Aww, is little Ricky embarrassed?" I teased.

"Shut the hell up, maknae," he spat back.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I mumbled.

"It's not even that bad," Niel commented. "People think you got into a fight with Infinite. It's actually boosting your rep."

Ricky pushed his hands into his jeans pockets. "Whatever. It's still a load of bull."

Just then the bell rang for class.

"Great," I said, "now we're late for class and I'm probably gonna get detention again."

"Oh boo hoo," Ricky said.

I shot my tongue out at him before I walked down the hall to my class.


 

Minhee's POV
(present)

Class went on as usual but halfway through the quiz I glanced to my left to find Changjo's head down on the desk, sleeping. 'How did he even manage to make it up to this grade?' I thought and then went back to finishing my quiz.

 

Every day after was the same.

Eunmi came over in the morning with food and we walked to school together. And every day there were new rumors about Teen Top floating around school. I didn't believe much of the rumors, although they always looked true.

That is, up until Saturday night when I found out one of the rumors were true.

 


it's my birthday today, yaaaay. so here's my treat for you guys. an update!

lol poor ricky. his story behind his black eye isn't that glorious

anyways let me know how this story is going. did it start off good? idk. tell me things so I can improve.

and don't forget to comment and subscribe! stay tuned for the next update.