...

Chanyeol, Pretty?

...

He walked into the store and immediately made a beeline for the hats along the back wall. Contemplating on his choice he didn't notice the two other tall men follow behind him; one with a floppy black hat sitting neatly on top of long blonde hair and the other also blonde but without the funny-looking hat. They stopped behind him, unamused that they had been dragged out here just to watch Chanyeol try on a bunch of hats that may or may not make it into his already gigantic collection.

The blonde with the hat gave him a funny look before being dragged over to the rack of shirts on the opposite side of the store by a suddenly enthusiastic Tao.

"Ooh Kris-ge look, they're so pretty." Kris sighed, not Tao too. Kris glanced back at Chanyeol to make sure he would be okay by himself for a bit. Judging by the amount of caps he had in his hand and the mirror he was currently looking into making sure everything looked good on him, Kris determined he'd be occupied for a good while. 

Allowing Tao to drag him over to a ridiculous amount of clothes on a rack Kris gave in and humoured Tao by giving his opinion on every piece of clothing that Tao showed to him. To be honest his opinion only consisted of a simple yes or no, but that was enough for Tao.

After about the fiftieth gaudy shirt Kris was starting to become antsy. He was hungry and cold and he only agreed to come in here for a couple of minutes like Chanyeol had promised. That couple of minutes had turned into a good half and hour already. He was not in a good mood.

"Kris-ge what do you think? Isn't it pretty?" Tao shoved another shirt into his face.

"Yeah it's pretty. Just like the last ten you showed me," Kris just wanted to get out of here already.

"I like this the best." Tao checked the price tag then smiled up at Tao. "Will you buy it for me? Please?"

The exasperated blonde sighed and checked the price tag and paled. "Tao! It's too expensive! We still have to eat."

"Please Kris-ge! I'll do your chores at the dorm for a week." Kris wanted to say no, but then again not having to do chores sounded pretty enticing.

"Fine. Two weeks." he handed Tao his card.

"Kris-ge you're the best." the adorable blonde panda beamed cutely at him and wandered off to find the register. He was spending a lot of money just on a shirt. Chanyeol had better be buying dinner. Speaking of Chanyeol, where was he?

Kris wandered back over to the hats only to find Chanyeol still staring at himself in the mirror. He had two caps in his hand now and from the looks of it he was trying to decide which one to get, taking one off and putting the other on only to put the other one back on again. Kris stood back a little from the black-haird, conflicted boy watching with mild interest; a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He really did look adorable when frustrated.

 

Cold, brown eyes bored into the back of his skull and he knew immediately that it was Kris. Good, he needed someone else's opinion.

"Hyung, what do you think?" Chanyeol spun around putting on the hat he thought looked best on him.

Kris was spacing out and not paying attention because wow, Chanyeol looked handsome.

The constant pestering earlier by Tao also didn't help, calling everything he had been shown pretty had caused a short-circuit in Kris' brain.

"Wow, it's pretty." he blinked, then mentally facepalmed.

"Kris-hyung! You didn't even look. You were just staring into space and said 'wow, pretty'."

He breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness Chanyeol didn't take that seriously because Kris didn't really mean it. Did he?

Chanyeol just laughed and put the hat back. "It's okay. Come on let's go eat." and Kris eagerly complied because by now he was starving and blamed the slip of his tongue on lack of food. The caught back up with Tao at the entrance toting his brand new shirt courtesy of Kris' card and slipped back out into the busy night looking for the restaurant they were supposed to be meeting Baekhyun and Sehun at.

For some reason Kris just couldn't get Chanyeol's face out of his head though.  He blinked and shook his head trying to shake away the image of Chanyeol's smiling face as he showed Kris his hat. Chanyeol was just a friend, a younger brother that he looked after, he wasn't supposed to think he was handsome right? But as he spied Chanyeol hugging Baekhyun at the entrance to the restaurant he couldn't help but stare at his face again.

Well, maybe it was okay. Just a little bit.