Baby, Please Come Home

12 Days of Christmas (Wish List)

They're singing Deck the Halls

But it's not like Christmas at all

I remember when you were here

And all the fun we had last year.

photo 1f9c9443-79ca-4f80-8904-e57ee3b62489_zps169431ab.jpgphoto efea9ad4-e78f-428a-8b3d-d9dfb550e213_zps42931762.jpg

Luhan x Krystal

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Death Cab for Cutie


Popping champagnes, firecrackers sizzling outdoor, and strewn pieces of confetti indicated the holiday merriment of the Byun’s residence. This was an annual post-Christmas celebration, now on its third year since they all graduated high school. Luhan has resolved to keep himself sober, drinking just as much as one glass of wine while the homeowner coaxes him to drink the night away. He politely rejects the offer and as much as Baekhyun is a bit disappointed, he still respects his decision. Reason? He would have to go through another painful reminder of why she left the Christmas party last year so eagerly just because he wasn’t sober enough to force her to stay. He has kept this regretful event to himself and every time people ask him ‘How are you and Soojung?’ you’d see him shrug and smile, ‘The usual. Fine.’

Luhan remembers the fun they had the year before last year and the year before that, and the years not in the Christmas season where he professed his silly infatuation turned love to an unloved girl.

He remembers the joy hidden beneath her tears when she’s finally got someone to love her.

He sighs looking out the window seeing his best friend, Yixing, taking his girlfriend’s hand in his, blowing them warm beneath his lips. He could still be doing that now, if only she was home.

But she’s not coming home. It doesn’t even help that Soojung doesn’t have any social network account save for a non-existent e-mail account (unused in ages). The night he made a ‘Merry Christmas’ out of his drunken stupor, he couldn’t remember a lot of what she said before she left for good.

California? Canada? Cambodia? Is that where she said she'll go? He doesn’t bother to ask Jinri as the two girls have not ended in good terms after high school. She doesn’t even have friends to begin with after her; it was only Luhan who stood up for her in her hurting state.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” says his concerned giant friend Chanyeol taking a seat beside him in the living room couch.

He merely smiles and shakes his head.

He knows he’s not supposed to forget that Soojung loathes drinking with her life and she would really hate putting up with drunk people remembering she tried to help out her step father, only to be shoved away hard she ended up hurt physically.

Last year’s Christmas was a blur, literally, as he can’t remember the exact moment alcohol hit him but he can only remember the scowl she condemned him with before she left. She ended up hurt emotionally.

 “Hyung, they’re going to carol Deck the Halls next door, you know, Baek, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo singing a capella? We should go and jingle some bells with them!” Chanyeol gleefully pulls his hyung from the couch ignoring whatever needs to be ignored tonight.

But it’s not like Christmas at all.

Baby, please come home.

He lets out a lone tear quite unnoticeable as the snow pours down harsh and cold like the last face he remembered she gave him.


a little angsty here >< I'm sorry! I know I'm supposed to update daily but you just can't avoid resposibilities. it's life! :D