Espresso

Downpours

Turning his head, Daehyun was more or less surprised to see an expectant looking Himchan standing there.

 

"Himchannie, wassup?" The younger beamed, bounding over in a flurry of water droplets. Grunting, Himchan held a hand up, wanting Daehyun to keep his distance due to the fact that he was practically soaked. "Why did y-"

"Are you cold? Hungry? Can I get you a coffee?" Himchan interrupted, fishing his wallet out of his pocket and striding towards counter, leaving a confused Daehyun trailing hesitantly behind him. Glancing up at the chalk-written menu, he pursed his lips in thought. "Can I have a...no, an espresso? Please?" He turned to look at Himchan, asking for approval more than anything else, feeling like a child asking a parent for something at the market. The latter nodded his head, "Size?" Pausing, Daehyun bit his lip. He was indeed thirsty and cold, more like parched and freezing-- but how could he let Himchan pay for anything? He shouldn't. Even if he offered, he should keep his own money. That's why it was his. "No, wait, forget it, it's fine--"

"I asked, what size?" he repeated in a firmer tone, squinting at the other in annoyance.

"I don't want it--" 

"Daehyun--"

"Himchan I really don't--"

"Jung Daehyun."

"LARGE--" he blurted, immediately flushing and turning away. He mentally slapped himself, what was his deal today? It must have been the cold, that's what it was. He was getting sick, that was all. Nothing a few naps and hot drinks wouldn't fix. Himchan's cheeks glowed from across the room as well, "Venti," he mumbled awkwardly to himself. He approached the cashier, keeping his voice barely above a whisper, apologizing for the outburst. Meanwhile, Daehyun found an empty seat at a table in the corner. He pulled out a chair, quickly plopping down and burying his head in his arms, hearing his hyung order his drink with a sigh. Talk about embarrassing. He wouldn't be able to show his face around here again for at least a month. And he had still never gotten a pastry...

 

His stomach growled again, demanding attention, only making the ashamed boy feel worse.