Manage you, Manage me

Manage you, Manage me

“Ah-choo!”

 

Taemin turned around from his cooking at the stove to see a red-nosed Onew all wrapped up in his thick fluffy blanket, sitting by the window trying to soak in all the warmth from the winter sun.

 

The manager came in as usual to make Onew his breakfast while the artist was getting ready. But today, the singer seemed too ill to do anything.

 

The younger walked over to Onew and put the back of his palm over his forehead only to find him running a high fever.

 

“Onew-ssi, go to bed now. You’re too sick to work today.” Taemin hurried him, tugging his arm.

 

Onew let out another loud sneeze. He was pulled along by Taemin, too weak to put on a resist.

 

“But I’m having a fan-meeting event today…” His voice was groggy from his stuffed nose.

 

“You’ll spread your cold to your fans, do you want that?” Taemin asked sternly, knowing how Onew is with his fans.

 

The artist’s face formed a cute (handsome too?) pout, allowing his manager’s words to sink in and obediently covering himself with his comforter on his bed.

 

Taemin warned Onew again about leaving bed, pointing his finger like an owner to his puppy. He informed him that he was going back to SM to settle some documents and to pick up his now-overflowing fan mails. Taemin made sure his idol took his medicine (with the bunny cup!) and well-tucked in bed before leaving, his mind laced with worry. He secretly blamed himself for proposing to even walk home in the snowfall last night.

 

“Wait!”

 

The voice sharp and shrill, and Taemin already knew who that was before seeing him.

 

Key popped into the elevator, sighing in relief at being able to catch the lift before it closed on him.

 

“Taemin-ah!” Key gave his favourite dongsaeng a tight squeeze, “Where you going?”

 

“Key hyung, I’m heading to the Office. You?”

 

“I’m fetching Jonghyun home, he was at his parents’ yesterday.” Key beamed, “How’s your morning?”

 

Taemin bit his lips before pouring his worries to Kibum. Key listened attentively, chuckling while imagining Taemin scolding the obnoxious Onew to stay away from his fans. And there is little Tae whose sticking by him no matter what.

 

“Although I think you should consider moving on from being his fan and shouldn’t even be suggesting this to you; but you could get him a scarf!” Key advised, “When Jjong was sick, I got him one too.”

 

 Taemin thought for a moment before his face finally brightening up, “I got it! Thanks Kibum hyung, you’re the best!”

 

The younger gave his mentor a quick peck on his cheeks before running into his car and driving away, “I’m going to knit him one!”

 

Taemin rushed through the papers and stuffed all the mails and gifts into his santa bag before driving to the mall excitedly to get his knitting materials. The boy had learnt some handicraft skills from Lee umma when he was younger for home economics class.

 

He hurried back home to put down his bag of gifts, then deciding to check on Onew for a bit next door.

 

Taemin crept in quietly to his bedroom to see his angel sleeping soundly. He was snoring slightly from all the tiredness given his hectic schedule. It was an adorable sight, far too tempting and alluring for the fanboy. Taemin didn’t realise he was inching closer until his lips touched the soft cheek of Onew, freaking out when he saw the elder’s eyelashes fluttering a little and his brows furrowed from the uncomfortable heat in his head.

 

“Ngh…” Onew groaned as he stirred, “Taemin…”

 

The manager backed away from his bedside looking at the awaking Onew, his heart racing wondering if Onew could feel his kiss. He felt like digging a hole and burying himself in it there and then.

 

“What are you doing in my room?” Onew asked as he burrowed into his mushy cocoon, voice noticeably irritated.

 

“I-I’m going ba-back next door,” He stuttered in response, “Just came to che-check if…if you’re still alive!”

 

“Really?” Onew questioned, “I want to go over too. It’s cold and lonely over here.”

 

“A-ani! You stay here! I don’t wa-want to ca-catch your stupid c-cold!”

 

With that, Taemin ran straight out the doors and into his own apartment, slamming his door on the way. His heart still thumping fast from his forced kiss on Onew, and the thought of Onew wanting to come into his house scared him further.

 

He dropped on the floor with his head in his hands, repenting over his actions earlier. He had done it twice. Who knows what else he would do to Onew again if he didn’t keep himself in check. Taemin took in deep breaths to calm himself down before finding the peace of mind to start on the love-scarf. He’ll have to finish it by tomorrow so Onew can use it to keep himself warm, that is, if he gets better the next day to work.

 

Dear Onew,

                I’m your #1 fan! ;)

               The winter season is setting in and it’s getting cold lately. Please use this scarf to keep yourself warm so that you don’t fall sick. I knitted it myself so please don’t laugh at me! I will be waiting to see you healthy and strong to be on stage again!

                Saranghaeyo, hwaiting!

 

Yours truly,

Mint

 

As usual, Taemin signed off the note sealed with a kiss before disguising it within the pile of gifts that was sent in by all the other fans.

 

***

 

“Are you feeling better? If not, I’ll cancel your performance show for Channel K and the talk show later in the day.” Taemin asked, trying to hide his concern.

 

“Don’t need to. I’m think I’m feeling alright to perform today.” Onew yawned and waved him off, “Where’s the fans’ letters you said you were getting?”

 

Taemin pointed to the red sack in the living room table while seeing Onew run towards it like a child on Boxing Day.

 

“AH!” Onew yelled in surprise (imagine his manly surprised yelp) as he read the note.

 

The fan couldn’t help but peered over from the corner of his eyes to where Onew is, tearing the wrapping papers roughly.

 

“MINT.” His voice trembled, “She sent me a scarf, a knitted scarf!”

 

Onew eagerly wrapped the shawl around his creamy neck, feeling the warmness from his number one fan. He smiled widely, immersing himself in the faint sweet scent of his fan.

 

Taemin, in the kitchen, was secretly leaping in joy at the reaction of Onew to his hand-knitted scarf. He gave himself a mind-pat for persevering through the night to complete it. It was all worth it after all.

 

“Manager, do you think…this fan is someone we know? Why does Mint always give me the right presents at the right time?” Onew asked innocently, “And…she even knows I was sick.”

 

“Was it you…” The idol faced his manager, his left eyebrow arching up.

 

Taemin was speechless. How was he going to keep on managing Onew if he were found out to be his fan instead? Will Onew continue to keep this crazy fan by his side, not know what Taemin is going to do next?

 

“…who told her?” Onew completed his sentence.

 

The manager heaved a huge sigh of relief as colour returned to his face. He lives to stay with Onew for another day.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. Eat your medicine and let’s go.” Taemin finished and left the apartment to wait for Onew in the car.

 


Annyeong! I'm collecting bets: Does Onew know it's Taemin? keke x) 

And let's put a caption on the chapter image. My caption is: "Taemin accepted my proposal!" 

Awwww, can you loooooook at that genuine happy face of Onew?

 

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and please comment! ♥♥♥