Manage you, Manage me

Manage you, Manage me

“I’ll call you later.” Onew said as he slammed the car door behind him.

 

The famous singer was meeting SM’s artists for a typical drinking night. This is the night when all the artists of SM would come out and share their rants and woes. Because who else would understand them other than people who have gone through the same hardship as them?

 

Who else would understand the amount of smiling they had to force at photo-shoots until their mouth went stiff, the amount of signing they had to do at fan-meetings until their hands would cramp, or the amount of repetitive moves they had to do for a single scene in their music videos.

 

And that was just the part where their fans can see results. Nobody has really bothered to think about the amount of time and efforts they’d spent backstage to get to where they were today. And most of the times, people don’t even care because “it is ought to be”.

 

Onew was a pretty good drinker himself, but nights like these are where he lets himself loose and drink to his heart’s content. Moreover, Manager Lee wasn’t here to breathe down his neck about drinking. Since he had a driver tonight, there was nothing more to concern himself. He could drink all he want!

 

“Onew-ah, your new manager’s pretty cute. What’s his name?” Leetuek sunbae asked.

 

“S-sure he is. But I don’t think it’s safe to intro-introduce him to you.” Onew laughed, quite dizzy in his mind.

 

“Wae? Sharing is caring!” Leetuek snorted.

 

“That’s right! Leetuek hyung, Jin-Jinki – he was so rough with his little new manager.” Minho interrupted, “Next time, we should in-invite him and t-take care of that boy!”

 

in SM, Minho came in a little later than Onew; he’s still training his vocals, so most of his assignments come from CFs and drama shoots.

 

“Not this time! Leetuek hy-hyung, I-I’ll share anything, anything with you because you know how much you mean to me in this company, but n-not my manager!” He let out a loud burp.

 

“And Minho-ssi, I’ll take care of Taeminnie myself! He’s mine!”

 

“What a possessive namja, Onew-ah!” Sunbae retorted.

 

The group roared in laughter at Onew sudden change in regard to his manager. He was never like that with Manager Lee, obviously. It was supposed to be a chill-out night, so everything that was said was not to be taken too seriously, as always. Especially when Onew’s quite an aloof person when drunk.

 

 “Jinki’s Taeminnie~” She hiccupped, “Come pick Jinki back, he’s unconscious!”

 

The woman started giggling uncontrollably, followed by a bunch of other noonas laughing atrociously.

 

“Victoria noona?” Taemin squeaked, “Is Onew alright?”

 

“Taeminnie~” Victoria continued, “He’s fineeeeeeee…he won’t share you!”

 

What are they talking about? Taeminnie? Share me?

 

Taemin quickly hung up the call and drove to fetch Onew back to their apartment.

 

He switched off the replay of Onew’s recent concert he’d recorded during his exams period, took the car keys and left the building.

 

“Onew-ssi,” Taemin knelt down to slap his face lightly.

 

“Ah, is that Onew’s little Taeminnie?” Donghae teased, “We’d better steer clear of him lest Jinki comes after us!”

 

That resulted in the same round of chuckling by the SM artists.

 

Taemin flushed red, hidden by the dim lighting in the bar. He pulled Onew up with all his might and slumped him on his shoulder before dragging them both out into the car.

 

“Aish, Onew!” Taemin scolded, “Take care of yourself! Why’d you drink so much?”

 

Onew chuckled, as if being asked a stupid question, “The sunbaes say if I don’t drink up, they’ll take my manager away!”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Taemin pushed the rest of Onew’s limbs into the car before shutting the car door and returning to the driver’s seat.

 

“Nobody’s going to take me away from you.” He mumbled to himself.

 

The younger drove slowly to ease Onew’s headache since they left the bar. He kept hearing Onew’s murmuring.

 

“Min-ah…”

 

He wondered who was Onew dreaming about in his hazy state. Mint, the fan? Min from 2NE1? Minho…as in Choi Minho?

 

“Stupid.” Taemin grumbled behind the wheel.

 

As he pulled into the parking lot in the basement, he glanced over to see Onew finally knocked out and sleeping peacefully. His face was spotless under the minimal moon light shining through the front window screen, his long eyelashes forming shadows on the apple of his cheeks.

 

The young fan found Onew irresistible. He unknowingly began leaning forward to look at him closer and planted a kiss on his round cheek.

 

Taemin pulled back immediately, realising what he’d done. Is this an act of a saesang fan? Is this chargeable under criminal law for ual harassment?

 

He slapped himself awake for trying anything weird.

 

“Onew! Wake up, or else I’m going to leave you in the car alone tonight, breathing in all the carbon monoxide and die!”

 

He nudged roughly at his idol’s hands and shoulders.

 

Onew’s eyebrows cringed and furrowed at the pain from his shoulders, grunting at the mistreatment.

 

Taemin stopped at once, remembering the injury.

 

Letting out a long sigh, he decided Onew was not going to wake up from that long night of drinking. It was up to him to drag that body up to his dorm.

 

He pushed up his sleeve and grabbed carefully at Onew’s arms, hauling him out of the car. The limp body supported itself full on Taemin, as if hugging a big teddy bear.

 

There was no way the petite boy could maneuver Onew now that he’s fully carrying him. Taemin shuffled awkwardly through the carpark and up the lift like a daddy penguin bearing his young around.

 

Standing outside Onew’s dorm, Taemin was panting as he twisted the door knob. Naturally, it was locked. The manager searched his pockets but only found his own apartment keys.

 

He pondered for a while before deciding to stick his hands inside Onew’s pockets for said keys.

 

It was empty.

 

‘What idiot goes out without bringing his keys?’

 

‘There is absolutely no way I’ll let him in my house. He’ll laugh at me for the rest of his life if he sees my crazy adoration for him. I'll die!’

 

Taemin settled finally for leaving Onew to sleep outside his own door. No matter how cold-hearted that may sound from a hardcore fan, his pride weighed more during his management of Onew.

 


Annyeong! Hope all has been well for you! 

I'll be leaving soon for a short getaway to Taiwan! Up till 3rd January....so I'll see you next year again! :) 

I'll update once again before I leave so I don't stale this fic XD 

 

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and please comment!