Manage you, Manage me

Manage you, Manage me

“Onew hyung, did your fan really give you a mug?” Minho asked in envy, “I want one too!”

 

“Of course! Don’t be jealous like someone here!” Onew pointed towards his mini manager.

 

The men laughed heartily. Onew was intent on making Taemin look bad in front of his colleagues. It’s as if it shows the power and control he had over the boy. And he already knew Taemin would never retaliate because he’s so much in love with the Onew on stage.

 

“I’m not jealous!” Taemin barked in defense.

 

“Awwww our Taeminnie is jealous?” Minho teased, “So cute!”

 

“It’s okay, hyung will get one for you too!” 

 

“A-ah, don’t mind me, Minho hyung. Onew’s being an idiot.” Taemin beamed at the handsome athlete.

 

“Yah, did you just call Onew an idiot?” The frog prince burst out laughing, “Our daring cute little makdoongie!”

 

“Shut up, the both of you.” Onew snapped.

 

“Taeminnie, I’ll protect you!” Minho wrapped the boy in his arms tightly.

 

It was really just a joke, but Minho was taking his chance to lock the youngest in his embrace. For once, Minho was actually considering having a manager to settle his schedule for him; since he was the type who likes to be in command of his programs.

 

“You…” Onew started but was cut off.

 

“Don’t touch my baby, froggy.” Key pulled Taemin out from the clasp by his wrist.

 

By now Tae was a bunch of confused noodles at the subtle conflict.

 

“LEE TAEMIN, LET’S GO. NOW.” The grumpy eldest snarled at the group.

 

Key did a ‘call me’ sign to Taemin before the manger followed submissively behind his apparent master.

 

“What are you angry for? Don’t be such a petty king.”

 

“A petty king? I was not.” Onew rebutted childishly, “You’re just being a little too close to Minho, and it’s annoying.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Because…I said so! Shut up and drive.” Onew huffed out looking out the car window.

 

Putting two and two together, Taemin sometimes wondered if Onew has something for Minho. He was always fidgety when Minho got a little closer to Taemin, and got angry after in their last two meeting.

 

“I’m going to the hospital tomorrow anyway, to see appa and umma. I’ll fetch you to the dance studio and back at night, so I won’t have to see your stupid bunny face.” Taemin said as a matter-of-factly.

 

“Jealous.”

 

***

 

“Appa!” Taemin ran forward and gave his father a bone-crushing hug.

 

It has been some time since he saw him and he missed him terribly.

 

“Forgotten your umma?” His mother joked by her husband’s bedside.

 

“Umma! I missed you soooooo much, too!” The lovely son ran to his mother’s side exactly the same way he did when he was five.

 

“How are you, appa?”

 

“I’m okay…just hurting a little these days. My bones are getting old.” He sighed.

 

His hand naturally reaching to rub on his hurt ankle as Lee umma looked at him worriedly.

 

“Ani, appa is as fit as a fiddle! Get well soon!” Taemin gave his father a little peck on his cheek as encouragement.

 

Lee appa and umma chuckled at their son’s adoring behaviour. They were so proud of their son: so young yet extremely talented in music. If Taemin didn’t insist on completing his education, Lee appa would have introduced his son to SM.Lee for considerations.

 

“So…” Lee appa started cautiously, “Enjoying your time with Onew-ssi?”

 

Taemin’s face changed immediately; showing ambivalence in his thoughts about his idol.

 

“I don’t know…He’s so mean with the people he works with, but he still loves his fans so much!” 

 

“How do you feel Tae-ah?”

 

The fan felt his cheeks warm up to a crimson colour as he reminded himself of how he feels of Onew, “I…still like him.”

 

“Guess I underestimated Taemin’s devotion to the one and only Lee Jinki. We lost our son to Onew, yeobo.”

 

The Lee couple laughed again at the blushing boy.

 

They talked the rest of the day away, catching up on what they’ve missed out being away from each other. Taemin shared his rough start with Onew (how he was so picky about breakfast), the befriending of Kibum (which Lee appa was very approving of) and the very kind Minho who would sometimes look out for him during work.

 

“Tae-ah, those gifts from Mint…was from you right?” His father asked suspiciously.

 

“Ne…How did you know?”

 

“You’re my son, of course I would know the kind of things you’d do.”

 

“He must be an idiot not to know. Coincidence – twice in a row? I don’t think so.” Lee appa snickered.

 

“I call him an idiot too!” Taemin gave his appa a hi-five, “I don’t think he knows. I hope he doesn’t!”

 

Mr Lee nodded his head, understanding his son’s concerns. Taemin has always been strong-headed at home and in school, so he would naturally be at work too. It just never occurred to Lee appa how smitten his little Minnie was with that Onew guy.

 

As the clock struck 10pm, Taemin excused himself to fetch Onew from practice back home. He gave his parents a final hug and a kiss goodbye before leaving to the hospital and heading for the training building.

 

***

They reached back to their haven each, door were closed as they prepared to rest in anticipation of a new day tomorrow.

 

Taemin didn’t forget to check his mailbox for any incoming letter addressed to his appa, but instead, he found one address to him instead. He ripped the envelop open to find a small mobile phone chain of half a heart with a nicely written note:

 

‘Dear Taeminnie, you’re doing a great job! I’ll be your first fan!’ – Choi Minho

 

The manager held the charm in his palm close to his heart. Finally, finally, there was someone that would appreciate him and all his work. He was always conscious about his competence to be manager of the ever-popular Lee Onew, and today he’d received some recognition. Not exactly from the one he wants to receive it from, but precious to him nonetheless.

 

He strung the chain to his mobile phone and admired it for a while before deciding that his drowsy eyes could no longer hold out. He’d better go to sleep so that he can work harder for his first fan.

 

The next day, Taemin resumed his knocking on the idol’s door to wake him up for his schedule.

 

“So noisy!” Onew groaned as he opened his door to find his manager, already freshened up and ready to start the day.

 

Onew rubbed his sleep away in his tiny eyes to see Taemin standing cutely by the door. His heart fluttered at the sight.

 

“What is it? What’s the schedule today?” The idol had to stop the nervousness in front of his fan by being mean.

 

“You have dance rehearsal in the day. Then SM’s dinner party tonight to conclude the year.” Taemin said flatly.

 

“You’re going with me right? The party?”

 

“Wae? I don’t want to.”

 

“You have to. I order you to come with me. As my partner.” Onew demanded sternly.

 


Annyeong! Hope all's been well in the first three days of 2014! 

Here's a little of Appa&Tae and Minho starting to take action on our innocent manager.

 

Let me know what you think! 

Thanks for reading and please comment!