Chapter 8

That Playboy is My Husband

Hello lovely people! /waves.

A continuation from previous chaptuh :)


"Are you serious? I'm not ready for this," I stuttered. I wanted to root both my feet into the lovely stairs. But somehow, my feet betrayed me. I looked at Rome and caught him smirking at me. My heart raced and I think I forgot to breathe. I tried to pry my hand out from his tight grip but failed. I'm in the state where I felt like a stranger is going to me. But this is no stranger, this is Rome, my legally-wedded husband (but the feeling is still there).

"Are you kidding me? You're not my type and besides, this will be like our only getaway from the hectic atmosphere downstairs," Rome scoffed and opened the door to his bedroom. There was a wave of relief after I heard that sentence but I felt as if I was stung as well by his sarcastic remark. When I stepped inside the huge room, I was amazed and stunned and wide-eyed and whatever adjectives that could perfectly described my current situation.

"Please tell me you are joking. Because no way you have this all by yourself," I said while observing every inch of the room as I walked deeper into the depth of the room, "Fantastic, isn't it?" Rome bragged as he leaned against the door frame.

"Are you kidding me? It is absolutely dull," I sassed, mimicking the way how he mouthed off earlier. I looked at Rome from my peripheral vision. His mouth was wide agape as if it almost hit the floor if he could (which I would be freaked out if he did). I smirked and continued to walk around his bedroom, feeling like a diva. But unfortunately, my heels were not co-operating with me. I felt a sudden wobble and lost control of my right foot thus creating an embarassing all four position infront of the playboy (which I did not noticed how did he stood infront of me that fast).

"Oh darling. I thought you said you're not ready yet," He smirked and my face was blushing with shame. I should have worn flats than high heels. You have to wear them honey, you'll look beautiful in them, the voice of my sweet mother rang in my head who forced me to wear the god damn heels. I sighed and grunted, 'Looks like another point for the cocky casanova.'

I tried to stand but I couldn't as my right ankle shouted in pain. I winced and tried to stand once again. I let out a cry of pain and fall back down like a baby bird who failed at its first try to fly. Rome chuckled and decided to help me. He looked down at me like a predator who plotted several ways on how to kill its prey slowly and painfully. Only this was not an animal of some sort. Just the plain Barom Yu.

"Need help there honey?" Rome asked in a mocking tone while he held his hand out to me in which I gladly accepted. When I stood up, my ankle was in great pain and I felt like I wanted to embrace the cold floor again. After seeing that, Rome started to have a worried look across his face. He wrapped his arm on my waist and I was hoisted up. I sat on his comfortable bed as soon as my arse felt that soft plush beneath. I looked at Rome who was across the room, opening a somewhat a small refrigerator as he placed a couple of ice cubes on a medium handkerchief.

"Ouch!" I jerked my foot off, hitting Rome on his chin for the nth time, "Keep still Reumie. I know it stings but trust me, I learnt this back when we were in Australia," He hissed and continued to put the ice cubes on my sprained ankle. I looked at Rome and I have to admit that he looked very serious about this. OK the situation just got a little tense and I was actually a bit scared about his seriousness but at the same time, he looked hot when he's serious.

"Did you invite Gain to our wedding?" I stuttered. He looked up at me, ceasing everything he did and in a matter of a few seconds, he continued to work on my sprained ankle, "I don't know. Did you invite Kris to our wedding?" He replied with a question that I sort of knew he would say. I felt like I was slapped in the face hard.

"I didn't. Maybe mother did or father did. But the main highlight is I didn't know how he knew, probably the news spread like a virus," I replied with my head down and my voice getting smaller by a second, "Well same goes to me, I didn't know Gain noona was invited as well but she looked y as usual this afternoon. It's a shame that she couldn't come to this evening's event." Rome sighed. Upon hearing that, I felt a surge of jealousy waved through me. I pulled my foot from his grip after it felt a lot better.

"Hey we're not done yet," Rome whined.

"Well, we apparently are. I'll be downstairs if you need me. Oh probably you wanna call your Gain noona to accompany you up here too because man, I ain't gonna do it," I went through the door and marched my way downstairs with a couple of tears escaping my eyes. I might be overreacting but he should be careful of how he wanted to speak about his thoughts. I am afterall his legally-wedded wife and I know that part is obviously unclear for him.


 

Hello peopur!~

It's applecandy- on board.

So I read some the comments you guys posted,

and yeah, they are not gonna do it yet ;)

as usually (I'm not saying all of them) arranged-marriage couple started off rough.

So yeah hehehe :D

xoxo