Chapter 3

That Playboy is My Husband

I was walking alongside the sea shore. My hair swayed as the sea breeze blew at my direction. It was dusk and it was the perfect time to take a walk. Everything was very soothing and calming until a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. It made my heart beat faster. I bit my lip and turned my head to see the guy. His visual was blurred for a moment and I began to wonder about the identity of this man. When I finally could see his face, my eyes widened in disbelief. Barom Yu.

I screamed.

I immediately sat up and realized that I was soaked with sweat. It was just a dream, I told myself. I yawned, glancing at the digital alarm clock on a small table beside me while I scratched my nape. It was five o'clock in the morning. No wonder my room was still dark and gloomy. I was still sleepy and I was about to doze off again when my phone suddenly rang. I ignored it and I admit it started to annoy me. I grabbed the phone and answered the call with the most iest voice in the world.

"You've got the most hottest voice ever babe."

"Dude it's 5 AM and I just woke up. How come you're so cheerful and energertic at this dreadful hour?"

"Wear a tracksuit, you're going to thank me later. I'll pick you up at seven. See you babe,"

He ended the call. Ugh I just woke up and I was told to get ready. I don't feel like going anywhere at seven o'clock in the morning and I certainly don't want to wear a tracksuit at the cold hour. I tried to push the thought aside as I tried to sleep once more. After a few tosses and turns later, I realized my effort was pointless. Maybe he'll bring me for a morning exercise, I thought. Well, what else can you do when you wore a tracksuit? OK. I know there is some other reasons for wearing a tracksuit but my brain are too awesome to think right now. Reluctantly, I raised from my bed and immediately wore my dark blue tracksuit. I yawned as I walked slowly down the stairs until I heard a rough knock on the door. My eyes widened in alarm. What the hell? I grabbed Junho's baseball bat sat by near the front door and slowly unlocked the padlock. I was about to hit the person when I saw Barom Yu was grinning at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Barom Yu. It's only six." I hissed and pointed to the clock hung on the wall. Barom just smirked at me in response. He took my hand and kissed the top of it. I watched him as he placed his soft lips on my hand. It gave me a tingle of cold sensation down my spine. I also had this weird stir in my stomach everytime when he did something towards like this to me. He lifted his head afterwards and winked at me.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I can't seem to rest well after I called you. I was too excited for our exercise today."

"Well, since you're already here, can we go now?" I folded my arms and rolled my eyes at him.

"OK. Let me start the engine first. But before that, can I have a kiss?" He said cheekily as he pointed his cheeks.

"Never in your wildest dreams," I replied as I made my way to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.


 

At the park

"We're here! Come on babe," He shouted and waved impatiently at me.

I waved back at him and grabbed my phone from my duffle bag. I checked all my accounts on all the social networks I'm using. I was checking my twitter account when I bumped into a person or rather a man to be specific. At first, he looked pissed at me but after a moment, his expression softened. I was confused.

"I-I'm sorry. It was an accident!" I blurted out. The man was at least six foot one. He had sandy blond hair with a pair of angry bird-like eyebrows. He gave me a smile which made me even more confused than before. I tried to recall back his face. That smile, I remembered them somewhere. I tried to put the pieces together. When I had a sudden realization, I widened my eyes in shock. I knew this man. His name is Wu Yi Fan.

"Yifan! No, Kris! Isn't it?" His smile turned into devious one. It was really him. I was speechless that no words came out from my mouth. I ran up to him and hugged him tight. It had been a long time since the last time I saw him. And he's sure more taller than me. I met him when my family and I went for a holiday to Canada during summer break when I was still in Australia. We stayed in one of my father's business partner's house in the surburban area. It was a very nice place and the playground was certainly a better place for our first meeting.

Flashback

"Hello." I approached the lonely boy who sat at one of the swing while watching his friends played soccer. He looked up at me as if I was an alien to him. Maybe he doesn't speak Korean, I thought. I started to turn away when the small boy tapped my shoulder.

"Hello."

"I thought you couldn't understand Korean because of your,"

"Chinese looks. Well, that's what you thought. I began to learn Korean when I was six," He said in a matter-of-fact way.

"By the way, my name is Wu Yi Fan. You can call me Kris for short,"

"I'm Song Ahreum."

End of Flashback

"Oh my god. I can't believe it. We meet again." I giggled. His eyes widen and I noticed both of his cheeks turned rosy. As we began to talk into a deeper conversation, Barom was heading at our direction. When I observed him, I saw his eyes turned frosty and his expression became serious. Gone is the playful Barom Yu. As he stepped into our little circle, Barom wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Hello stranger. I don't think we've met before. I'm Barom Yu, Ahreum's soon-to-be-husband. And you are?" He said sarcastically, ending his sentence with a smirk. I looked up to him and I felt my cheeks are burning. For the first time in my life, I have to admit. Barom Yu is hot.

"I'm Wu Yi Fan or Kris for short. Ahreum's childhood friend." Kris smiled and held out his hand. Barom reluctantly shook his hand and pulled me even closer to him until there was no space left between us.

"Well Mr. Wu, it's been a pleasure to meet you and will you excuse us, we are having our morning together." He said coldly. Barom tugged my arm, forcing me to go along with him. I glance at Kris and gave him an apologetic smile. He waved me good-bye and gave me his version of an apologetic smile.

Barom was still pulling my arm that I couldn't stand properly on my feet. I tried to pry my hands away from his grasp but man, he's too strong for me. As if he understood my cue, Barom released my arm. When I took a quick glance at him, he closed his eyes and inhaled sharply. When he opened his eyes, he turned around to face me and his expression was... unreadable. Damn.

"I don't want you to get near anywhere that guy," He finally speak after a long moment of silence. I looked at the ground because I knew he's still staring at me with his sharp gaze. I fiddled with my fingers and bit my lower lip. Again, silence hung in the air, making me shifts uncomfortably. When Barom saw my awkward body moves, he took my hand (gently this time) and lead me back towards the car.

"Let's go somewhere else. He's still here and it ruins my mood. And I don't want that," He snapped.

 

Hello! applecandy- is speaking here!

I'm so so so sorry for not updating for long.

I'm so busy with things lately and I also got no idea about how I would continue this story.

But then again, I did. And it's crappy (I know) ._.