Someone New

Shy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin pushed open his apartment door carefully stepping inside, and once the door was safely clicked shut and locked, he didn’t hesitate to let out the girlish squeals he had been suppressing since he and Kyungsoo had parted.

Needless to say, Jongin was happy. He was so happy. He felt as if his heart would beat straight out of his chest just from all the excitement. Kyungsoo was like an angel; sweet, polite and not to mention he was absolutely stunning.

There was no doubt that Jongin liked him, he’d be a fool not to. But just because he liked Kyungsoo didn’t mean the feelings were mutual—but he really hoped that they were.

Casting aside his thoughts of Kyungsoo, he slipped off his vans and hung his jacket in the coat closet. He had just found his way into the kitchen, filled himself a glass of water and was going to take a sip when his phone buzzed. He paused, taking a moment to slide the device out of his pocket and almost had a heart attack when he saw the message was from Kyungsoo.

To: Jongin
From: Kyungsoo

I had a great time tonight, you’re too precious Jonginnie~ ^^

Sent 9:17pm on November 4th

Another delighted squeal slipped past his lips and he was soon flailing around the kitchen. That was until he heard very familiar sounding laughter coming from the living room.

He stopped mid-flail, realizing all too quickly that he wasn’t alone anymore. He hurriedly scuttled into the living room, seeing that not only Junmyeon was laughing at him, but his boyfriend Kris as well.

“How was your date Jongin?” Junmyeon inquired, a knowing grin on his face as Kris tried to hold back his chuckles.

“Hello Kris,” Jongin greeting sourly, his eyes narrowing at the tall man before turning to Junmyeon. “It was fine. Which I’m sure you’re well aware of, since you were eavesdropping on me!”

Junmyeon gasped cutely, pulling himself from his loving boyfriend’s grasp as he tried to reach for Jongin. “We were not eavesdropping! It’s not like you were having a conversation with anyone, you were just mindlessly fangirling over your date with Kyungsoo—and you better tell me how it went!”

“I wasn’t fangirling!”

“Please Jongin, we could hear you squealing all the way in Junnie’s room.”

Jongin blushed, trying to ignore Kris’s snickers as he attempted to push past Junmyeon to go into his room.

“Yah! Where are you going, you need to tell us how the date went!”

“You’re just going to make fun of me!” Jongin pouted, pausing at the door to look at his roommate.

“Yup.” Jongin assumed the eye-smile Junmyeon was giving him was supposed to make him feel better about relaying all of the dates events to him, but it was proved to be unsuccessful as Jongin snorted and closed his bedroom door in the older’s face.

Jongin could hear the older cursing at him through the thin wood, and all the whines begging him to come out again; but all was soon hushed when Kris coaxed him into his own bedroom. Jongin could only imagine what they were going to do in there. Looks like Wu Fan is staying again tonight.

On any other evening Jongin might have tried to persuade the couple to do their business elsewhere, but since he was in a particularly happy mood after such a successful outing he didn’t have the heart to tell them to leave—that or he didn’t remember to say anything.

Or he was distracted with the text he had just received.

To: Jongin
From: Kyungsoo

Yah. Are you ignoring me right now? I know you got the message. T_T
Either that or you are too shy to text me back (✿◠‿◠)
Or you got kidnapped >_<

Sent 9:41pm on November 4th

 Jongin could feel his palms start to get sweaty as he read the message over a few more times, and he couldn’t stop the sudden racing of his heart at the cute emotions’ Kyungsoo had placed in the message.

God he barely knew the guy and yet he was having this effect on him; it couldn’t be healthy.

He collapsed on his half made bed, and he went to type back a message; feeling overjoyed that Kyungsoo was paying him some attention, but also in mental hell because of that same attention.

To: Kyungsoo
From: Jongin

Sorry ^^;
I just got distracted by my roommate and his boyfriend

Sent 9:47pm on November 4th

Jongin held the phone patiently, expecting a somewhat quick response since the older had seemed so eager to begin with. But soon the minutes began to add up, and Jongin began to realize—with slight disappointment, (hell who was he kidding, extreme disappointment) that Kyungsoo had fallen asleep.

Sighing slightly to himself he typed a quick message bidding him a goodnight and sweet dreams (which Kyungsoo would later coo over) before going to brush his teeth and also head off to bed.

A groggy eight hours later Jongin woke up to the sound of 소녀시데  blasting from his phone speakers, his head aching as I Got a Boy repeatedly blasted into his ear. Groaning he grabbed the device, fumbling for a minute as he tried to find the button to turn it off. Moments later silence filled the room, and he lazily let himself fall back amongst the heaps of blankets, savoring the last few minutes he was going to have.

But sadly he knew work was awaiting him, so he silently encouraged himself to get out of bed and trudge to the bathroom.

A short shower and breakfast later, Jongin was on his way to work, a sad drizzle beginning to come down as he maneuvered down the sidewalk to the small cheesecake shop.

Naeun was already there when he arrived; she was shuffling around three very large boxes and Jongin quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter