Date Night

Shy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I changd the time of the fireworks from ten to eight because I realized how silly and long it would have been otherwise

~~~

Three hundred and eighty-nine. Three hundred and ninety. Three hundred and ninety-one. Three hundred and ninety-two. Three hundred and ninety-three. Three hundred and ninety-four. Three hundred and ninety-five. Three hundred and ninety-six.

His left foot stopped at the edge of curb for what was probably the thousandth time that evening, and he quickly turned back around, counting the three hundred and ninety-seventh second he had been waiting for Kyungsoo to arrive.

It was almost ten minutes after seven, and Jongin was nearly having a heart attack. He had failed to realize before this point that he had an unhealthy obsession with people being on time. That or he was extremely nervous that Kyungsoo had stood him up.

With a flip of his stomach, he knew that was the answer.

Why could Kyungsoo have just arrived on time? It would have spared the worry and stress that was eating him up inside.

Jongin let out a frustrated sigh, running his fingers through his hair as he took a seat on the bench he had been pacing in front of.

This is why you shouldn’t get your hopes up so high Jongin, they will be crushed almost as soon as you thought things were getting better.

“Are you waiting for someone?”

Jongin mumbled a no, his face in his hands as he began to rethink his life.

True love? Did it even exist? He felt the wood bend slightly as someone sat down beside him. It didn’t seem likely, not when Jongin was getting reject every other ing day—

“Are you sure you’re not waiting for someone?”

Great now this person won’t stop talking to me.

“Because if I recall correctly, you’re the cute guy who gave me cheesecake and then decided to come on a date with me—oh right, that was after your friend called for you.”

Jongin’s head shot out of his hands in a millisecond, his eyes widening instantly as he saw the short man sitting next to him.

How could he have forgotten that voice?

Kyungsoo hadn’t bothered to dress up nice, but the red sweatshirt and the dark jeans he had on was enough to make Jongin’s breath hitch, because he had never seen someone quite as beautiful as Kyungsoo.

His dark hair fell just above his almond shaped eyes, and a small grin was playing on his lips as he watched Jongin’s expression morph from shock to embarrassment.

“So I was right, wasn’t I?” Kyungsoo teased, nudging Jongin’s thigh with his knee. “You were waiting for someone, and that someone was me!”

Jongin gulped, red faced and embarrassed as Kyungsoo watched him.

“Are you mute?” he smirked, cocking his head to the side. “Because you didn’t seem to be over the phone.”

“N-No! Of course not I’m not!”

Kyungsoo’s lips curved into a smile, “There’s that voice I liked so much! Come on nervous nelly, we got food to buy and spots to save.”

Jongin hesitantly stood up, giving Kyungsoo time to pull out his wallet and check the contents inside.

Jongin opened his mouth to ask if he should pay for his share, but Kyungsoo spoke before he had the chance, snapping his wallet shut in the process, “You’ve already bought me cheesecake, so I’m buying this time.”

“But—”

“You really shouldn’t argue. Food is expensive, so be happy I’m offering to pay for you. Because next time I expect you to be the gentlemen.”

“…Next time?” Jongin spluttered, Kyungsoo’s straightforwardness slightly freaking him out.

“What? There is going to be a next time, isn’t there?”Kyungsoo teased, a cheerful twinkle in his eye as they began their way down the sidewalk.

“Well—I don’t know—I mean—I hope so.”

“Good. I hope so too.”

Jongin’s eyes wavered to the people around them as Kyungsoo led them down the street, embarrassed for acting so stupid and quickly regretting his decision to let Kyungsoo pay.

They passed several food vendors before Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s arm, bringing them both to a sudden halt.

“Do you want pizza?” Kyungsoo asked, never releasing his hold on Jongin’s arm as he pointed towards a snack shack selling the greasiest pizza Jongin had seen in his life.

“Uh—”

“Come on it’s my treat. Pizza sounds better than the Chinese place I was thinking of anyways.”

There was little time for protest as Kyungsoo pulled Jongin towards the shack, and Jongin didn’t have the heart to tell Kyungsoo he didn’t really like pizza because apparently that’s what he wanted to eat. So twenty minutes later they were sitting in their spot, handpicked by Kyungsoo of course, enjoying their pizza.

Well, Kyungsoo was enjoying his, it was hard to say the same for Jongin.

He was mindlessly nibbling at it, not very aware of how Kyungsoo could see his looks of disgust every time the flavor came in contact with his tongue.

It was when Kyungsoo put his plate down, having eaten his food at the rate of a normal person, and looked at Jongin that he realized how obvious it was that he wasn’t enjoying it.

“You don’t like pizza, do you?”

Jongin’s eyes widened and he tried to shake his head in denial, but Kyungsoo was already laughing at him.

“You should have said something instead of letting me bully you into getting it, be more assertive next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter