Sungmin

No Other

I know all those reasons that clearly say that you’re here,

It’s the only one I’m always thankful. I could do better as you do

~Reader’s POV~

I walked into my classroom and the lights. On my desk sat a vase with one red rose that was in full bloom. The steam looked like it was having trouble holding up the weight of its own bloom. I gently touched the velvet petals. “So pretty…” I murmured. I looked around my desk to find a card.

“To the teacher of my dreams.”I blushed at the message. So one of my students left this. I’m a teacher fresh out of college but I can’t lose my job here for a love-struck college kid. I just started here and I like it. I do teach the seniors though…

I moved the rose to the corner of my desk and began writing on the board the notes my students will have to take.

~At the end of all classes~

“You are really a spectacular music teacher. Every time I pass the hall and hear one your students play, I’m almost moved to tears.” The principal smiled at me as we walked down the hall.

“Thank you very much, but it’s the students who have all the talent. I just guide them.” I smiled back at the principal.

Music floated up from the stairwell. From the top of the stairs, I could only make out his back and black hair. The principal went to inspect who it is and I followed. When I got closer I figured out it was Sungmin.

He was playing my favorite song. “Is this one of your students?” The principal asked me. I just nodded unable to take my eyes off of him. His finger glided over the keys effortlessly. He is never like this in class. Usually Sungmin is playing around rather then practicing. “He is wonderful. This is just another example of your teaching.” The principal smiled at me and walked down the hall, leaving me alone with Sungmin.

Sungmin stopped playing the piano and smiled at me.  “Did you like it? I’ve been practicing for weeks trying to get it right.”

“How did you know my favorite song?” I asked still dumbfounded.

“I didn’t know, it came to me in a dream.” He winked at me.  HE SENT ME THE ROSE! I blushed.

“Come to my classroom so we can talk.” I pulled on his arm and led the way so I could hide my burning face. I shut the door firmly behind us and turned back to Sungmin. “Sungmin, we can’t date. You’re a student and I’m your teacher. It’s against the rules.” I took a deep breath.

A smile was playing on the corners of his lips. “Okay, well in 3 more months when I graduate I won’t be your student and you won’t be my teacher.” He took several steps closer to me so he had me pinned to the door with his body. “There isn’t a rule about me dating you then.” He was looking down at me, breathing warm air on my face.

“That’s true…” I mumbled and looked away so I wouldn’t have to look in his eyes.

“In 3 months, you’ll be mine then.” He grabbed my chin and made me look at his face. Then he lowered his lips to mine. I teased up for a second before giving in to the kiss. This is defiantly wrong, but defiantly right. I warped my arms around his neck and pulled his closer to me.

Sungmin broke the kiss. “You better wait for no other but me.” Then he lowered his lips to mine again. This can be our little secret for now.