Time Flew

Human Logic

Chapter 6: Time Flew

 

"Jong Kook ah!! Open the door for goodness sake!" Gap Jin hit the glass door exasperately.

 

"Hyungggg, don't hit the glass like this! My poor door will shatter into...oomph...pieces!! I told you I will go out on my own after I finish this...oomph...last few pushes. Then you can explain why you are hitting my door like a mad man for the past 5 minutes." Jong Kook's strained voice could be heard coming from inside the gym.

 

"Oh my gosh. Kim Jong Kook, I tell you, one day you will be the death of me! Come out here! NOW. Otherwise I'm just going to tell the producer that you don't want to take up this new variety show with Jae Suk hyung." Gap Jin said sternly.

 

"What did you say, hyung? Something about Jae Suk hyung and a variety show? Wait! I will come out this instant!" Jong Kook placed his dumbbell down. Gap Jin smirked. He knew that would work with Jong Kook. That guy respected Jae Suk till no end.

 

"Erm...wait no. Gap Jin hyung, can I do my warm-down stretches first? If not I might sustain some permanent injury. I'm sure you don't want that, huh." Jong Kook didn't want Gap Jin to feel that mentioning Jae Suk in a conversation every time would get him to stop exercising immediately.

 

"Fine, Mr Health Nut. 5 minutes is all I'm giving you." Gap Jin frowned.

 

"Thank you...oomph...hyung."

 

Jong Kook did his last few stretches, took a quick 1 minute bath and came out of his private gym.

 

"Gap Jin hyung, you can start." he spoke to his manager in a respectful voice. Although to Gap Jin, it seemed like a command.

 

"You...Forget it. Let's get cracking." Gap Jin didn't want to further delay this important news. "You have a new offer from SBS to be a permanent member on a variety show called Running Man.  One of the producers accidently revealed the information that Jae Suk hyung has already signed on. I believe he will be calling you soon to tell you anyway. The producers have also told me that they have invited Haha and another rapper called Gary. However, they are awaiting their replies. So, what do you think?"

 

"And your opinion, hyung?" Jong Kook was deep in thought.

 

"I personally think this is a good chance to gain more recognition for yourself. Especially since Jae Suk hyung is there to emcee, the show won't be a failure. But you must be aware, as the title states, this is an outdoor variety involving a lot of running. And you know your own health condition. Plus the producers said that filming will most probably be during Monday nights to Tuesday mornings. This will be tough for you." Gap Jin did a thorough analysis of the outcomes of joining the show.

 

"Aish hyung. You underestimate my power. What's there to worry about my back? Even the doctor says there shouldn't be any problem. Give me a few more days to decide. I want to contact Haha first."

 

"You have 2 days to decide. Here's the documents with all the information about the show. Good night." Gap Jin simply said, before taking his leave.

 

"Good night hyung! And close the door before you leave! I don't want to leave the studio just yet." Jong Kook's authorative voice rang.

 

Oh why did I ever agree to take on Jong Kook as my artiste? Why did I allow him to build a private gym connecting to his personal studio? Oh Gap Jin ah, what have you done...

 

"HYUNGG, I said close the door!!"

 


 

"Gary ah, congratulations on getting an offer for your first variety show! Cheers!" Gil shouted over the loud rock music playing in the club.

 

"Cheers!" Gary clanged his glass of wine against his partner in the music industry.

 

"Don't forget to promote LeesSang okay? It's time for...hic... the world to hear our awesome music...hehe..hic..." Gil spluttered, half-conscious.

 

"Gil ah, why do you always get drunk so fast....One glass and you fall into this state...Aigoo...Now I have to drink alone..." Gary sighed. He didn't feel like drinking to celebrate his getting an invitation to a variety show alone.

 

Instead, he relaxed comfortably into the velvet armchair he was sitting on and went into his own world.

 

Manager Choi asked if you want to take part in 'Running Man'. He warned you that it would be tough. Does he doubt your capability as a comedian? Or is he just concerned? He definitely knows that it has been your wish for the past 1 year, why did he even have to ask...?

 

Gary ah...How long have you struggled to come to this stage...to be of equal status as Gil...to have a variety show to host like Gil....to be able to meet the famous Yoo Jae Suk and have him as a colleague...Why is it that Gil hyung is always the one who achieves what you want to achieve..?

 

Yoo Jae Suk...Yoo Jae Suk hyungnim...how can I be so disrespectful....How would it be like working with him? But will he accept the invitation? -

 

His train of thought was disrupted by a hard whack on his head. "HEY!" Gary focused to see a woman staggering around, carrying an empty glass cup.

 

"Do you know who I am? Haha... I am the world's greatest actresssss....Wheee.... Do you want my signature? Hahaha..... You sure you don'tttt?"the woman slurred. She staggered about some more, before tripping on her own leggings, stumbling to the ground.

 

"Not another drunkard....actress my foot....Push Up Bar is getting worse...letting in all these crazy people. I'm leaving." Gary thought to himself.

 

"Ahjusshiiiii...you are going alreadyyyyy? Isn't that your frienddddd?" the woman had managed to sit up and propped herself beside the table in front of Gil, eyes half open. But Gary didn't hear her. She soon closed her eyes, in the midst of the noisy rock music and the crowd of people, drifting off to dreamland.  

 

 


A/N: I'm so guilty for not updating for 2 entire months >.< Thanks for reading anyway. I shall post my next update soon (I hope).

 

(06/03/14)