~Someone who cares~

Someone who cares

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every street in this city
Is the same to me
Everyone's got a place to be
But there's no room for me

Am I to blame?
When the guilt and the shame
Hang over me
Like a dark cloud,
That chases you down
In the pouring rain.

It's so hard to find someone
Who cares about you,
But it's easy enough to find someone
Who looks down on you

Why is it so hard to find someone
Who cares about you?
When it's easy enough to find someone
Who looks down on you

It's not what it seems
When you're not on the scene
There's a chill in the air

But there's people like me
That nobody sees
So nobody cares

Why is it so hard to find someone
Who cares about you?
When it's easy enough to find someone
Who looks down on you

Why is it so hard to find someone
Who can keep it together
When you've come undone?
Why is it so hard to find someone
Who cares about you?

I swear this time it won't turn out
The same 'cause now I've got myself to blame
And you'll know where we'll end up
On the streets that is easy enough
To find someone who looks down on you

Why is it so hard to find someone
Who cares about you?
When it's easy enough to find someone
Who looks down on you

Why is it so hard to find someone
Who can keep it together
When you've come undone?
Why is it so hard to find someone
Who cares about you?

~Three Days Grace - Someone Who Cares~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   The moon was up high in the dark night sky. The streets were empty and only the wind in the branches of the trees was heard. Their leaves already were of a brownish colour and some of them fell to ground from time to time. The people were all already sleeping. Well, most of them. In one of the houses you could see some light burning. It was a really smal building and looked old, because the paint was peeling off and it seemed like no one took care of it for quiet some time already. But though the house looked like this, there was still a peaceful atmosphere.
Until the door of that house was slammed open.
"DON'T YOU DARE TO SHOW UP TODAY!!!" A shout was heard and a boy of ten years fled out of the house and ran down the road. His fast little steps were heard loudly in the silence of the night. He ran through the night not looking left and right while tears were staining his little face.

 

~~~

 

Soon he had to slow down, because the tears were choking him and he couldn't breath properly. After some minutes of catching his breath, the little boy started to walk down the street in a slow pace again.
He didn't know where to go for tonight. He never knew. But he knew one thing exactly: he couldn't return today. So he walked trough the dark streets with a lowered head. He wasn't really afraid, he spend too much time in the night to be scared of it, but he exactly knew that it was dangerous. So he tried not to gain attention. He hated attention. Attention meant questions and questions always meant that he had to lie. And he didn't want to lie. He wanted to have someone who cares about him, someone he could tell everything, but the boy knew that something like this won't ever happen. Because he was just a worthless little piece of .

Slowly he arrived at a playground and decided that he would spend the night there, since his feet started to hurt and he barely could keep his eyes open. He crawled under the slide and hugged his jacket tighter feeling the cold air around him. He was really cold, but the tiredness was stronger than the cold surrounding him.
While curling into a ball the boy's eyes started to slowly close and then the little boy was already sleeping deeply while the moon was shining down onto the playground.

 

~~~

 

   Slowly and tired the teenager was walking down the road and wishing something would happen so he wouldn't have to go to school. How he wished to be at home sleeping, but unfortunately he had a biologie project to do. Sighing deeply he dragged himself towards his school. He was a good student and normally he was really motivated, but due to the lack of sleep he was having, he would have prefered to just hide in a hole and rest.
He was about to cross a road when he heard some weird noises. Seeing the chance to escape from the school, he changed his direction. Instead of walking to school that was only few meters away, he walked into the direction where the noises were coming from. With every step the teenager took, the sounds became louder. But when he walked around a corner, he stopped, looking in shock at the scene in front of him.
He had arrived at a little playground which looked quiet old and rarely visited. Everything was dirty and lots of grafity was seen. But that wasn't the reason why he stopped in shock.
Just a fey meters away, there was a little boy curling up on the ground while two older guys were hitting and kicking him. The child was crying and whimpering while he tried to sheald himself with his short little arms. Searching for some safety, the boy tried to crawl over the dirty sand and under the slide, but one of the his bullies grabbed his leg and pulled him back out, so they were able to continue merciless kicking him.
Only now the teenager realized that he knew the boys, who were beating up the kid, and gulped. They were the most dangerous people from his school and to make it even 'better', they were his classmates. They were dangerous not because they were the typical bullies, but they were part of a gang. A gang that was famous for  brutality and violence.
But i have to help him... if they continue, they'll seriously hurt him. He's just a little kid after all...
Finally, when the little boy let out a broken scream due to the pain he was experiencing, the teenager took all his courage together and made a step foreward.
"Y-Yah! Stop that! Let him go!" The shout stopped the two dangerous boys as they turned around and looked at him. A grin appeared on their faces as they recognized the now slightly trembling teenager. "Hey Myungsoo. Want to join?" the older one asked and the teenager had the urge to puke. How can someone cause others pain and even enjoy it? He felt his knees shaking a bit since he knew that his action was probably the biggest mistake in his entire life, but it was already too late to back off. "Let the poor boy go." was all he could say trough gritted teeth. But the boys just laughed. "Make us do it." One of them smirked. Myungsoo could barely feel his legs when he walked towards them. With every step he took he got ready to be beaten up a bit more.
Just like he thought, the teenager immediately got a punch in his face. The impact caused Myungsoo to stumble backwards slightly. The next thing he realized was a kick into his stomach. He gasped for air as it fled out of his lungs and he was forced to squeeze his eyes shut while bending over. The boy was already expecting the next hit when someone's mobile phone started ringing. When he opened his eyes a bit, he could see one of the bullies talking on the phone. A relieved sigh escaped Myungsoo and the teen hoped that the call would be important, so they would leave him alone. As if god heard his pleas, the bully ended the call and motioned the other boy that they had to go. Then he turned towards Myungsoo. "You have luck. See you in school." These words didn't meant anything good and the teenager swallowed. After saying this, the two guys turned around and disappeared around the corner.
Myungsoo hugged his stomach and tried to breath. It hurt like hell and the boy knew that the bruise on his stomach will be seen for at least a week. He didn't even wanted to think about his face.
But then, after he finally could breath more or less , he remembered the little boy and turned towards the place he last saw him. The child finally manged to hide under the slide and only the corner of his jacket was seen. Slowly, Myungsoo kneeled down and tried to look as calm and friendly as possible. But he guessed that was quiet difficult, because his eye already felt swollen. That didnt mean anything though, Myungsoo still had to try.
"Hey there. You don't need to be afraid anymore, they are gone." His voice seemed tired and hoarse. Slowly the teenager sat down beside the slide. As he didn't get a reply he tried again. "Hey, did you hear me?" He waited for a while, but his only reply was a silent sniffling.
He felt a little bang in his chest as he realised that the boy was crying. How much pain did he have to bear? Was he seriously hurt? Only now the teenager realized that the boy probably had to bear much more pain than he did with his face and stomach. Carefully and slowly he reached out and took one little hand into his own, caressing it with his thumb. The little boy tried to pull away, but Myungsoo didn't let go. "Come here. Hyung won't hurt you." The fact that he used 'hyung' surprised him himself because he wasn't really caring about these formals, but it seemed like it had the wished effect on the little kid. Slowly the little boy crawled out and got picked up and put down onto the teenager's lap. Myungsoo hugged the boy and patted his head calmingly while the boy burried his little tears stained face into the teen's shirt and sobbed his heart out.
"It's okay..." Myungsoo kept petting the little head and decided that he won't go to school  today. First of all he needed to look at the boy's bruises and second he didn't wanted to get beaten up.
Slowly the sobs got weaker and finally they stopped, but the boy was still hiding his face, afraid that this kind stranger will get mad at him for staining his shirt. He still couldn't belive that the stranger saved him. And then i am staining his shirt. I really must be useless. I am not even able not to harm that nice stranger. The little boy lowered his head and bit his lip in guilt.
Myungsoo noticed this change and pulled the boy away slightly and smiled at him. "What is it?" But the boy kept looking down. Then, finally he mumbled. "I am sorry." Myungsoo frowned. "Why that?" "I-I made y-your shirt dirty...." New tears gathered into the boy's eyes as he looked up at Myungsoo. And i'm crying again... how pitiful... Now he will definitely hate me.
But instead of hearing accusing words he felt a big warm hand on top of his head and saw a friendly smile.
"It's okay, don't worry about my shirt, i'll just wash it later." The kid's eyes widened in surprise and disbelieve and the tears dried in shock. He really is a nice person. I never met someone nice like him...
Not wanting to bother the teenager, who was this nice to him, the little boy got up and bowed though these movements caused him a lot of pain. "Thank you a lot for your help!" Myungsoo nodded and got up. "You're welcome. I'm Myungsoo by the way." "I'm Woohyun. Thanks again." The boy bowed again, but suddenly he felt his legs giving in and the ground coming closer. In the last moment he landed in a pair of strong arms and got lifted up carefully. "Wah! Please let me down!"  He gripped onto Myungsoo's shirt tightly.
Myungsoo on the other hand only started walking. "Nope."
"Yah!! Why?!" The boy started wiggling but the pain shot trough his back and he imediatelly stopped as he bit his lips. In the meanwhile Myungsoo was the calmness itself. "Cause you are injured. I won't let you walk around like this." After hearing this answer the little boy relaxed a bit. Myungsoo seemed to be a very nice person, he probably won't harm him, would he?
Woohyun was still unsure how to behave around this stranger or if Myungsoo would get mad and hurt him like these bullies from before, but the teenager didn't get mad as he ruined his shirt, so it would probably be okay to ask him something, wouldn't it? The boy was still unsure but then he decided that it should be okay. He still didnt ask immediately, instead he waited for a few more minutes, enjoying the safety of the hug.
Then, after biting his lower lip, Woohyun finally gathered enough courage. "Where are we going?" "To my house." Was the simple and short reply.
As the child heard that, he stifftened. He never was at someone else's house. He also has never been alone in a room with someone beside his father before. What if i get hurt? What if i do something wrong and Myungsoo would get mad at me? I don't want such a nice person to be mad at me. The child didn't worry about his own well-being, he was used to injuries and they didn't matter much to him. Instead he was worried since he didn't know how he should act in a situation like that.
Myungsoo felt that something was bothering the younger and patted his head. "What is it?" But the boy could only blink, surprised that someone cared to ask. He probably is trying to be polite 'cause he is pitying me. So the boy preferd not to say anything. The teenager realized that he won't get an answer that easy and kept his mouth shut until he arrived home.
The little boy who was hiding his face in the broad chest of the teenager whimpered slightly due to the pain as Myungsoo had to move his body in his arms a little to be able to open the door. Sticking his head trough the front door, the teen looked for any signs that his parents were home. Normally, they would be on a buisness trip, but you could never be sure. Carefully he carried the boy upstairs into his bedroom and put him down on his bed. "I will be right back. Just stay still." With these words he left the little boy and walked back into the kitchen. After getting the first aid kit, some ice, water and pain killers he headed back.
As Myungsoo returned, the boy was curled up into a little ball and whimpered softly. Myungsoo sat down next to Woohyun and did his best to sound calm and soothing. "Woohyun. I have something that will help you against the pain." A sniff was all he got as an answer. Carefully the teen touched his shoulder. "Woohyun." Only now the boy seemed to realize that Myungsoo was talking to him. Opening his red and puffed eyes he looked at Myungsoo in a questioning way. "Take this against the pain." The teenager held out a painkiller and a glass of water. He helped the kid to sit up and smiled at Woohyun after he finished drinking. "Great! Now lets look at your bruises."
The small boy nodded, but he didnt make a single attempt to show them to Myungsoo. "Woohyun... can you take off your shirt and pants?" Myungsoo felt quiet awkward asking something like this, but it had to be done. He was quiet surprised though as Woohyun became really pale and bit his lips while holding onto his clothes desperately. Does it still hurt? Was one pain killer not enough? Did i say something wrong?
"Woohyun..?" There was an awkward silence before the child answered stuttering and avoiding Myungsoos eyes. "Daddy t-told m-me not to a-alow others to t-touch me unless t-they pay him...." There were tears forming in the corners of his eyes once again. "W-Woohyun is willing to give himself to h-hyung.... after a-all h-hyung saved m-me... But d-daddy... D-daddy will find o-out.. he will b-be m-mad." Now the tears were flowing freely and the teenager could only stare at the child in disbelieve. "W-What?!" The kid hiccuped as sobs escaped his mouth. "I-I said..." "I know what you said Woohyun..."
Does his father really use this small boy to satisfy the needs of men? That sick bastard! This is his son!!! Myungsoo couldnt believe his ears. This all seemed so absurd and simply impossible.
In the meanwhile Woohyun was crying even harder, thinking that he dissapointed the teenager and that he will be beaten up and trown out right away. "Woohyun...." Myungsoo tried to get his attention but the child was only sobbing and clutching on his clothes. Finally Myungsoo had enough. He placed his hand on top of the boys head. There was a small shiver running through the small body as Myungsoo touched him, but now the teenager had the boys attention. "I won't touch you like that... Never, i promise. Hyung just wants to treat your wounds." A small smile appeared on Myungsoos lips and startled the child. "R-Really?" His eyes were red and his face puffy and wet from tears as he stared at the teen in surprise and disbelieve. Myungsoo only nodded. "Yes Woohyun. Now, let hyung help you..." The smaller boy nodded and slowly removed his shirt. The painkiller already stared working, so he didn't feel as much pain but it was still there though.
Myungsoo, on the other side, had difficulties not to gasp in shock. The boy's body was in an awful condition. Everywhere  bitemarks could be seenand red and blue areas showed that the boy was hit and kicked on daily basis. You could even see some scars on his right side which might be caused by a leather belt. As the child took off his pants as well, the marks only continued. Especially his thighs were abused and Myungsoo could barely watch this sight. It was completely impossible to see which injuries were made by the bullies and which have already been there. The teenages gulped but did his best not to show his shock.

First slowly and carefully and later with more confidence he started to treat the boys wounds. He felt his heart hurt at the sight but he didnt show it. As he was finally ready, Woohyun fell asleep right away. He was tired from the pain, the stress, the fear. Moreover it has been a long time since he laid on a bed and it simply felt awesome.
Myungsoo watched the kid for a few minutes before covering him with a blanket. Then he stood up and left the room, fleeing from the thoughts of what the boy had to go through.

 

~~~

 

When he opened his eyes he saw white. It was weird. The sky didn't look like this, such a monotone white. There was not even a tiny bit of blue. Slowly, Woohyun stretched but stopped in pain right away. His whole body was burning. He was used to a pain likes this, but something wasn't right. Still, the boy could make out that his body laid comfortably, it was warm and soft. After a few minutes the boy decided that he had enough energy and looked around. He could see a closeth and a window. A warderobe? Outside? The confused little boy frowned and looked around more. Only after a few more minutes he realized that he was in a bedroom. A bedroom that wasnt his. What?! W-Where am i??? A soft whimper escaped his lips as he couldnt understand where he was.
The boy sat up ignoring the pain in his body and realized that the only thing he was wearing were his boxers. His eyes widened. Someone touched me. Daddy will find out. God, daddy will find out... He will be so mad! He mustn't find out! Panic was filling his body with every passing second and he couldn't control the shaking that went through his little body. The boy was silently sobbing in fear as he thought about his dad's reaction. The fear made him unable to move, all he could do was hug himself and sob while his little body was trembling.
Soon he was so drained that he fell onto his side still hugging himself and sobbing. Trying to shield himself from the bad thoughts, the child curled into a ball and tried to hide in the bed covers. He couldn't think straight anymore, there was too much panic to do so. His daddy would punish him and throw him out. That was clear and the little boy knew what it would mean to be trown out. It was his dead penalty: everyone could touch him and since a lot of men knew him, he wouldn't be safe. His dad would not give him any safety anymore.
The boy didnt realize that the door slowly opened and Myungsoo stepped in. The child simply continued crying and trembling. But when Myungsoo sat down next to him, the little boy let out a scream of surprise. It sounded like the desperate scream of a hurt animal and Myungsoo flinched at this awful sound. While the other was startled, Woohyun tried to run away only to fall out of the bed and scream in pain.
"Woohyun! Are you okay?!" Myungsoos was shocked and unsure of what to do. Still, he hurried to the child and picked him up while talking in a soothing voice. "Its alright, Woohyun. Its okay, hyung is here, hyung wont hurt you."
After a few more minutes of talking and hugging, the child calmed down and asked while stuttering, still not fully understanding the situation. "H-Hyung? I'm with hy-hyung?" His vision was still blurred by tears, but the warmth seemed familar and safe to him. "Yes sweetie, you are save with me." As the boy heard these words, he simply burried his face in Myungsoos chest and stayed like that while the teenager rubbed his back.
A few minutes passed until the kid finally pulled away and looked down shyly, now remembering everything that happened. "T-Thank you hyung..." "Aww, its alright." Myungsoo couldnt hold back a soft chuckle while he patted the boys head before hugging him again.
It was weird for Myungsoo to hug someone like that. He had no silblings and never was he this close with anyone before, not even his parents. His whole life was like this, so holding this small and weak boy in his arms and spending safety and strength was a new experience for the teen. It was a nice feeling though and the boy enjoyed it as much as possible.
Slowly he nuzzled his nose into the boys hair and enhaled deeply. It smelled a bit like sweat and smoke, but behind that scent the teen could smell summer. It was impossible to define that smell more, but if anyone asked him how summer smells like, he would say that its the scent of this boy. 
Myungsoo lost any track of time while simply breathing in that smell of the boy in his arms, ignoring everything else around them. The ten years old boy on the other hand was very aware of the situation he was in. His cheek was pressed against the chest of the teen and he could hear his slow and relaxed heartbeat while feeling his chest rise and fall. His eyes were clear from tears and he was completely calmed down by now. The warmth of the teenager surrounded him safely and soon his eyes were lidded, it just felt too good. The somehow dark and husky yet calming scent of the teenager lulled him into a trance like state where he still was aware of his surroundings but somehow far away from it.
They spend a whole hour, sitting like this, until Woohyuns stomach started making funny sounds. Myungsoo did not understand right away where the noise came from, but as he looked down and saw the childs face bright red as his stomach rumbled again, he had to hold back a soft laugh.
"Lets eat something." 

 


please leave a comment below!^^