Final

Rewind into Eve

" a christmas eve once more. . . "

Jongdae sat quietly, patiently, in the dim lights of the train station and sleepy drift of snow. Leaning against the wall with his legs in front of him, there was only him and a few stragglers left; and half of them were the homeless who lived here. Perhaps that was why they agreed to meet at such a late time, so it was only them who could witness the anticipated meeting. It's special that way.

A quarter til' ten and the train arrived to pick up the few passengers weary bodies chilled from the cold. It was snowing after all, piling on the top of the boy's head, legs, and in a half inch layer around him. Jongdae shifted against the wall and pulled out his phone, misty rose cheeks illuminating with the bright light; it was the third time that day he checked their messages sent to each other. It gave him a thrill every time it flashed, emoticons making it a cute thought as well.

 

From Minseok
03:47PM 12/24/13

Hi Jongie! I can't wait to see you! ^^
10 o'clock right?

To Minseok
03:48PM 12/24/13

I can't wait either! I miss you so much...
Yup!

From Minseok
03:50PM 12/24/13

Okay! I really hope we can get together again... o u o;;

 

And so on. Minseok said he would call when he got to the station, so it would be no use to keep staring at it. After another content sigh from Jongdae he hastily shoved it into his pocket as a short man came by, not wanting to have been seen squealing over the older boy. 

The man glanced his direction and gave a small smile as he approached the sitting one.

"I see you're collecting snow there?" He chuckled.

"Collecting and waiting," Jongdae sighed happily.

"Ah, I would've thought you were a poor man waiting for another kiss," the other laughed. "Your lips are rather wet and red. Running a kissing stall secretly?"

Jongdae seemed to find this man's humor cute, and once again was reminded of chubby-cheeked Minseok. He laughed, tilting his head back slightly and a few drops of snow plunked off his head.

"A kissing stall? Oh, no, I'm waiting for a special someone if you don't mind. Although. . . I wouldn't mind if we shared a small one."

The other's eyes widened slightly in surprise from the offer, blinking a bit. Jongdae knew the chances of getting back together with Minseok was a fifty-fifty chance, so there were two benefits to the kiss: one would be if they didn't hit it off he could possibly find this cute-looking man again (not that he really wanted to, he really wanted Minseok after all, but this guy was definitely worth chatting with), and two, it was to commemorate the last time he would ever kiss another man as long as he got together with Minseok. It wouldn't be a special kiss of course, due to the fact that strangers don't have that spark, but it was a kiss nonetheless; and with a cutie like him there are a few extra brownie points.

". . . Okay," the other replied after a long wait of staring.

 

With a reassuring smile - for the other seemed to be scared by the way his eyes darted left and right - Jongdae reached out his hand, in which the other took it and was lead down to hover above Jongdae on his knees. The shorter's hands placed themselves on Jongdae's shoulders as he leaned up to connect their lips, teasingly or hesitantly stopping an inch away. Jongdae didn't know why he stopped, but the other man's eyes blinked innocently at him as he neared, he couldn't quite figure out why it had a heart-thumping effect.

Then finally, their lips brushed and fitted into each other, a gentle press of lips that ignited a melting sensation in Jongdae's chest. It was fiery, gentle, compassionate all at once, and before he could press his tongue in to get another rush the other pulled away first. 

"You said a small kiss," he teased, and stood up once more.

Jongdae ruffled his hair for getting excited when he was meeting Minseok in a few minutes. What if he got attached to the shorter man? Then what?

"I actually have to call someone right now," the other continued, "if there's time I can wait with you after."

The sitting boy nodded dumbly and watched the other trot away, still in sight as he stood in the middle of the station. Jongdae watched as he pulled out a phone and dialed the number before putting it to his ear.

 

He jumped in his little pile of snow as his own phone buzzed and rang with Minseok's ringtone.
 

" . . . becomes a memory worth waiting for. "

you all must be like 'why the hell is jongdae so oblivious eh?'. which i understand. ouo;; but it's been five whole years, people can really change in that amount of time. but honestly, it's up to your imagination on why he couldn't remember his face. ouo thanks for reading!