▸ f i n ◂

The Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     I snuggled up against his shoulder. His arms were wrapped around me as if he doesn't want to let me go. We've just made love under the starry sky and it was awesome. It was perfect. Everything is perfect...me and him. It didn't occur to me that he lost his memory. He didn't think about it either. I surrendered my body, heart, and soul without thinking of the uncertainty of tomorrow.

     It's been three months since we found him. My father is a fisherman and he found him floating on a tree trunk in the sea, unconscious. When he was finally awake, he didn't know his name. He didn't remember a single thing about him. But he was wearing a necklace with a name as a pendant so we decided to call him by that name on his necklace—Minseok. That's what we call him.

     "What are you thinking?" He whispered in my ear as he was combing my hair with his fingers.

     A soft purr escaped from my throat as I snuggled closer to him. "Nothing." She whispered back. "I'm just thinking about what happened to us. You and me...what we have just shared."

     "Mm." He buried his face in my hair as his hand went down to my and caressed it. "Are you happy?"

     "I'm beyond happy." I told him. "You don't know how happy I am spending the night with you, Minseok-ah." I looked up and stared into his eyes.

     He then kissed me on the forehead. "I love you..." He whispered.

     "I love you more..."

 

 

     “Oh my God, papa! Who is that?" I asked horribly at my father. My eyes widened at the sight of an unfamiliar man my father was carrying. The man was obviously unconscious. But I gasped even more when I saw blood dripping from the right side of his head.

     "Haekyung, quick! He's badly injured!" My father stated the obvious. I was about to speak but my mother suddenly appeared and interjected me. My mother gave out the same reaction as me.

     Soon enough, my mother tended the unconscious man and I was right there standing as I watched his face. I noticed how good-looking he was after the dry blood on his face was finally wiped off.

     "Haekyung-ah," I blinked when my mother called me. "Grab a spare t-shirt from your father's closet so we could change his clothes."

     "Yes, mother." And I headed to my parent's room. I went back with a white t-shirt on my hands. I gave it to my mother and she immediately changed his clothes. From then, I've got the perfect view of his body. He's definitely not the toned one, but not skinny either. And he has a fair skin, too. From his looks, I could tell that he's rich. Or if not, above average.

     It took him three days to wake up. It was like he was in a coma or something. I was arranging the flowers inside his room when he finally opened his eyes. That moment, I freaked out. My soul just jumped out of me when he stared at my face. Because I didn't know what to do, I called my mother.

     "Who are you?" It was the first question he asked and my mother replied telling him everything. But then we didn't expect his next question. "W..Who am I?"

     I looked at my mother, the same moment she looked at me. "Y-You don't know your own name?" I dumbly asked him.

     "Oh God." My mother gasped. "He has an amnesia."

     My body froze in an instant as I looked at him. I suddenly feel worried about him. Yes, I didn't know him but there's this strange connection I felt for him. I don't know why. It was dumb for me to feel something like that.

     It was then I spotted something on his neck. It shimmered as the sunlight from the window reflected on it. "Your necklace." I muttered. And without any hesitation, I reached for his necklace and surprisingly he didn't shove my hand away. "Minseok." I said, reading the pendant. "That must be your name."

     "Minseok..." He whispered as if he was trying to remember his name. But as the seconds passed, his face twisted into a pain expression.

     "Don't force yourself to remember anything." My mother said. "It will come. As for the mean time, we will call you Minseok."

     He nodded his head as he looked at me. I slowly smiled at him. And he smiled back.

 

 

     “Good morning, mother." I greeted sweetly the next morning. There was a big smile plastered on my face. She looked at me with no confusion in her eyes, instead there was some kind of worry in there.

     I frowned. "Is there anything wrong, Ma?" I asked her as I made a coffee for myself. Then I sat beside her, still waiting for her reply.

     "I'm a bit worried for you, Haekyung-ah." She said. "I know you love each other, but Minseok might forget everything about you when he'll get back his memories."

     A sad smile crept up on my face. Of course, I knew that. There's a great chance that it might happen. But what can I do? I can't really stop my feelings for him. I can't teach my heart whom to love or not. It just happened. Right when he smiled at me, I knew then that I will love this guy. I knew right then that he will have a special place in my heart.

     Loving him is like risking my whole heart to pain. But I still went on. Because I love him...

     "Haekyung-ah, I'm not against Minseok but—"

     "Ma, I know." I cut her off, smiling at her. "I know you're just worried about me and I'm thankful for that, Ma. But I know the consequences of loving him. Right from the start I already know that. But I can't stop myself from loving him. Everyday, what I've felt for him is getting stronger and stronger I don't know how to stop." She sighed softly. "I know loving him is really bad, Ma..."

     "No, loving him is not bad." She told me, placing her hand above mine and squeezed it. "Your love for each other is just at the wrong time."

     I smiled as I squeezed back her hand, assuring her that I'm okay. My mother slowly nodded her head as if she understood what did I just want her to. "Thanks, Ma." I told her.

     "I will always be here, Haekyung-ah. Just remember that." She said and I hugged her.

     "I'm so hungry," Papa's voice hollered outside the kitchen and that's when we pulled away from the embrace. My father appeared, and Minseok followed him into the kitchen. The two had just got home from fishing. Minseok smiled when he saw me and my inner squeal started. He never failed to make me feel like a high schooler, really.

     "Oh, just right on time." My mother grinned. "I've made a rice and beef noodle soup." She said as she stood up and poured two bowls with the soup she made. Minseok sat beside me and whirled my head to look at him. I saw him smiling. I couldn't help but smile too.

     Soon enough, we started eating. My father, being the king of the corny jokes he was, started to creat some jokes. Minseok was laughing with him, so was my mother. I was beaming while watching him laughed his heart out as if my father's jokes were the best. His laugh wasn't that kind of forced laugh. In fact, it was a genuine one. He looked like he was really amused I can't help myself but to fall for him even more.

     After eating, I stood up to start washing the plate. But then Minseok moved beside me. So close I could feel his warmth against my skin. "Come on, let's go out." He whispered. When I looked at him, his eyes were sparkling. My heart leapt for a moment.

     "Why?" I asked as I tried to stifle my grin.

     He grinned. "Just go out with me."

     "Where?"

     He laughed. "Can you just stop asking?"

     "Haekyung-ah," I turned my head when my mother called me. She was smiling at me. "Just leave the dishes there, okay? Go with Minseok outside." She said. Wait, did my mother just wink at me? Because she seemed so.

     Chuckling, Minseok pulled me out of the kitchen as he muttered his thanks to my mother. She nodded and my father was only hiding his smile. Outside, I thought Minseok planned to bring me to the beach but he didn't. Instead, we walked together to the forest park. Since it was only a walk away so I didn't mind.

     He reached for my hand and entangled his fingers with mine. I smiled as I looked around, trying to hide my blush. It was then I noticed the sky seemed dark than it had moments ago. "Where do you exactly plan to go?" I asked him. "I think it will rain sooner or later. And we didn't bring an umbrella with us."

     He only smiled at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter