Should've Kissed You

Should've Kissed You

I lean in, closing our gap kissing her full on the lips. I open my eyes only to find I’m smooching on my pillow. “What the?!” I throw away the pillow and sit on the bed. Trying to remember the dream I had earlier. It feels so real to be a dream. “Sorry, Haekyun-ah!” I grab a fistful of my blonde hair frustrated. Haekyun is my special friend which I treasure the most. We have developed a mutual feeling like 3 years ago, but being a coward I am I didn’t tell her.

Instead I wait for her to confess to me first. It’s bad enough I’m making her to take the first step. Then I didn’t give her the answer. The most unforgettable sin is I let her walk away when I should’ve kissed her. Oh God! What have I done? I am now in the class sitting with Luhan facing me and Xiumin beside me. They were talking about something, but none of them manage to sneak inside my ears. Luhan clap his hand right in front of me to snap me from daydreaming.

“Where have you been, Kris?” Xiumin asked with a hint of smile on his lips. “Are you even listening to what I’m talking about?” Luhan asked this time. “What is it?” I shot him with another question. He rolled his eyes out of annoyance. “Hyesuk and that new transferred junior, Tao. You know him, right?” Now he totally caught my attention. “Yea. I know him. The one that looked like panda right? What’s with them?” I said cold not wanting to show them how anxious I am. “They are wearing the same ring on ‘the’ finger” he refers to the finger which couple always slip their couple ring on.

I raise one of my eyebrows. “I don’t know that she is into the younger ones.” Xiumin said. toOf course she’s not. We’re together. What nonsense is this? Or maybe… we’re not. “Hey, guys! What are you talking about?” Hyesuk pops out of nowhere sending all of us in shock. “We’re talking about you, Hyesukie…” Xiumin said innocently. She blinks her eyes cutely, trying to digest what Xiumin is talking about. She then pull empty chair placing it in between Luhan and Xiumin. Face to face with me. “What about me?” she asked looking at both Luhan and Xiumin. “Your ring.” Luhan said.

She showed off her ring on her finger for us to see. “This ring?” The ring DOES look like a couple rings. I can feel jealousy crawling inside my chest. “Yeah! It’s the same with that Tao kid.” “Well, of course it looks the same. It’s a couple ring. We get it together the other day” I swear my eyes going to pop out from it place when she said that. But not only me though, Luhan and Xiumin give the same expression too. “Do you… by any chance-…” “Take your place kid, we’re going to start” just with that, Luhan question was cut off by our math teacher.

“Well, of course it looks the same. It’s a couple ring. We get it together the other day.” Her voice keeps repeating inside my head. Is there something going on between them? Suddenly a chalk came flying and landed on top of my head. “Out you go, Mr Wu” the math teacher said strict. I let out a heavy sigh and walk outside the class. Sitting there on the floor shamelessly crossing my leg as well as my hand on my chest. “Are you with Hyesuk nuna, Tao?” My eyes caught on Tao and his tiny friend. Kyungsoo, I guess. They are walking in front of me.

“It has become the hottest gossip in school. Do you know or not know that?” He laughs and shakes his head. Aish! This kid is it a yes or no? Just answer that freaking question. He walked pass me, not caring to have a look but my eyes catch the ring on his left hand which is the hottest gossip in school now. I can’t let this slip away. I’m going to take my Hyesuk back. No matter what. As the last class ended, my eyes wild, searching for Hyesuk but she’s nowhere to be seen in the class.

“Hey, Luhan. Did you know where Hyesuk went?” “Eh? Her boyfriend fetch her.” With that I run as fast as I could to catch up on them. They are there laughing, hand in hand on the main gate. She saw me and her eyes can’t seem to take it off me. She still loves me. I know it, I just know it! I make my way to her and separate their linked hand. “I’m going to take her home today.” I said to Tao who is in shock and drag Hyesuk with me.

She didn’t refuse and follow me willingly. But she winced when I squeezed her wrist hard. She yanked her hand away from my grip. “It hurt.” She said in annoyance. I looked at her apologetically but I drag her to a dark alley and trapped her between me and the wall. “W-What are you doing?” she look straight into my eyes.

“Is your heart taken?”

“hmm?”

“Is there somebody else on your mind now?”

“What are yo-…”

“I’m so sorry. I’m so confused right now but tell me, am I out of time? Is your heart breaking, that’s why you look for another person? How do you feel about me now? Is it still the same like before?”

“Kris…”

“Let me start it all over again. I love you Hyesuk. I love everything about you. Don’t leave me. I can’t take it. I regret I didn’t tell you that i feel the same. I do love you, Hyesuk. With all my heart.”

“Is it about the ring?” she said suddenly.

She took off the ring and shove it to my face. There’s a word or maybe initial carved inside of it. BFF. I widened my eyes at this. “Tao is my long lost childhood friend, Kris.” She said smiling. “We get this ring because we both amazed that fate let us to see each other again.” I am more than happy to hear that they are nothing more than a friend.

“My heart is already taken.” She said suddenly.

“hmm?”

“And there is already someone in my mind right now.”

“W-Wha-..”

“and it is you. Yes my heart is broken but I do not look at anyone except for you. I still love you and it get stronger each day, Kris. I am more than glad you’ve answered my feeling” She caresses my cheek lovingly. I tilt her head up a bit and kissed her for real. No. This is not a dream. I kissed her full on the lips. Her lip was way better than the pillow I smooch on this morning. It was soft, tender and loving on my own.

She pulls from the kiss only to reveal the red tint which started to form on her cheek. “I can’t believe I let you walk away when I should’ve kissed you that night.” I said resting my forehead on her, intertwining our hand.

______________________________________________________

Comment make me say KKAEBSONG

Subscriber is MY STYLE

Upvotes make me scream YEHET

Friend? I'll puke and fart rainbow together with fluffy unicorn XD