The City of Dreams

Idol x Trainee

Today was the day. I woke up at 7am and started getting ready before the two hour drive to LA. I would soon get to see my new apartment and start familiarizing myself with the city. Just a week ago I was standing on the stage of my high school auditorium, my left hand holding a crisp diploma and my right hand firmly shaking the hand of my principal. Now I'm off to Los Angeles to finally kick-start my life now that I'm 18 and finished with high school.

For the past two years I have been receiving both dance and vocal lessons and while my family thinks I going to LA to major in music, that is not exactly true. I'm really going for one thing and one thing only, to audition for SM Entertainment. I did think my plans through of course and am still going to study music at UCLA. I decided that if I don't pass the auditions that I will continue to live in LA and attended college but, if I do happen to somehow miraculously pass the auditions, I switch my classes to online and my family doesn't even have to know.

 

"Here we are Miss", said the taxi driver.

 

Not realizing I had been day dreaming the entire drive I started digging for my wallet in my purse. "Thank you", I said as I handed him the money.

 

After accepting the cash the man climbed out of the driver's seat,"Alright, let's get your things out of the trunk."

 

We successfully unpacked the back of the cab and I wave a friendly goodbye as the taxi driver drives away only to make it two blocks down the street before a business man frantically calls him to a stop and quickly slips in the back seat.

Here I was, finally in Los Angeles, the City of Dreams. I looked up at the apartment complex in front of me, breathed in, and made my way towards it. The woman at the front desk of the main office handed me my keys and I quickly found my apartment on the 8th floor. Apt. 826. I took a good look around before starting to unpack some of my clothes and toiletries and started to arrange things. After most of my belongings were in place I decided to go out and do a little shopping in Koreatown.

I made my way through some of the shops I was familiar with from the last time I had been there and finally stopped at Boba Time where I ordered a thai iced tea. While wait for my drink, two high school girls sat close by me while talking in korean. In the two years I had spent learning dance moves and vocal technique, I also learned to talk, read, and write in korean using study books, pronunciation DVDs, and my favorite K-dramas and K-pop songs. In my home town I rarely heard someone speak in korean so I couldn't help but test my knowledge of the language by listening to these girls' conversation.

 

"Omo, have you heard Super Junior's new Japanese album?", said one of the girls.

 

"Ne, it's so perfect, our oppas are so good at speaking japanese!" "Have you watched the Hero MV?", squealed the other.

 

"Of course!" "Kyuhyun oppa looked so handsome, if I could meet him in person and just give him a hug then my whole life would be complete."

 

"A medium thai iced tea with boba for Hana!", the young guy behind the counter called out, ripping me away from the conversation I had been eavesdropping on. I walked towards him.

 

"Enjoy", he said with a bright smile as he handed me my drink.

 

I smiled back politely as I slowly walked out, hoping to catch a little more of the conversatiion between the two school girls but they were already silently devouring the mounds of green tea ice cream that sat in front of them. I proceeded to exit the shop.

 

 

 

The bus finally made its way to my stop and I quickly got off. After riding the elevator to the 8th floor of the building I stood in front of my apartment pulling out my keys and unlocking my door. I set my things down on my bed, and grabed a pink t-shirt, black sweats, and fresh underwear and jumped in the shower.

I washed my body with cinnomon body scrub, and used rose scented shampoo and conditioner on my hair. I carefully shaved my legs and underarms before finishing my shower. I dried off and sliped into my clothes, and lay a honey face mask on my face before getting out of the bathroom.

After putting away the things I had bought today I lied down in my bed at looked at the time on my phone. 11:04pm. I was exausted. I took the face mask off and rubbed the excess into my skin before setting my alarm for 8 in the morning.

Tomorrow will be the day of my appointment for an audition at the SM entertainment office in Koreatown. I had made sure to stop by it earlier while I was out so I could be sure how to get there tomorrow, there was no way I was going to be late to this.

I roll over, rest my head on the palm of my hand and put my thoughts aside as I try to get a good night's sleep. I have a lot to look forward to tomorrow...